Accenture Reviews in New York City, NY

8,973 Reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
3,609 Ratings

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 588 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 524 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 1147 reviews)

• Managers repeatedly ask you to stretch---I told you no WORK-LIFE balance:-( (in 184 reviews)

More Highlights

279 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great People

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunities for people entering into the consulting world. Need to make commitment early if you want to move up. Help is there if you reach out for it. Extensive network of experts that you can draw on. Some of the brightest people I have ever worked with. Experienced hire process much better than in past.

Cons

After hours work can sometimes be overwhelming. Copmmunications are not always transparent - what they say rationale is doesn't always match up with reality. Alignment of workforce doesn't mean much - you do what's required. Current market drivers drives management behavior

Be transparent with communications about compensation and benefits. Don't say "market compensation means that raises will be.....". If we had a bad year and raises won't match previous years, just say it.

Great place to start off; Future depends on desire to move up or not

Former Employee - Systems Integration Consultant in Florham Park, NJ
    Former Employee - Systems Integration Consultant in Florham Park, NJ

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are by far the best and so many long lasting friendships have come out of Accenture. It is also a great place to get the most experience you will ever get from a company, which will help your career take off. If you desire to move to another company at some point in your life, you will be sought after by so many!
    Also, hotel and airline points!

Cons

Work/life balance is very difficult to come by. Travel is fairly common. Can be put in roles which you have no experience doing but are deemed to be an expert by the client.

It's still all about who you know -- and how lucky you are.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Accenture full-time

Pros

Accenture invests in their employees - countless training opportunities, and you can even learn a lot while working with clients. Great client list, and large scale projects give you the opportunity to learn and experience a lot, and develop an impressive skillset. The people are smart and typically driven, and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

It's still about who you know -- you must learn how to "toot your own horn", and network. It's up to you to find your own mentors, and when you find a manager who will have your back and be in your corner, stick with them. Performance management sticks to a process that is not necessarily fair, nor does it reward those who really worked for it. Additionally, talent within the organization is not distributed properly - many great people have left because they were not being challenged properly, or because their skills weren't being tapped in to.

Learn how to recognize talent and allocate it better.

Behemeth

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Colleagues are generally very friendly and mostly smart within the strategy practice.

Cons

The organization is absolutely inept at acquiring and integrating firm acquisitions, so steer clear of any new groups that pop up inside the company until a few years have gone by and the kinks worked out.

This is a sink or swim environment, but not based on competence. To get ahead you need mentors and sponsors with power and influence regardless of your level of competence. Seek the right folks out from the start or get out quick.

Senior Executives need to go through sensitivity training-particularly for working with racial, gender, sexuality-based minorities.

Read Reid Hoffman's new book.

Great Company to gain exposure

Current Employee - IT Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to different fields and training material for new analyst. It's worth mentioning that most Senior managers are easy to approach for any questions or concern you may have.

Cons

Work-life balance is difficult to maintain because the life of the consultant is to deliver within a given time, which usually requires long hours.

Good place to learn mechanics of a global enterprise as well as the corporations it deals with.

Current Employee - Management Consulting Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Management Consulting Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility in work style (i.e. sabbatical, work from home often).
    Good exposure to top corporations.
    Affable co-workers, maybe to a fault.
    Good place to start a career, able to leverage it to get other jobs / opportunities.

Cons

Training is overrated and not very challenging.
    Cheap travel budgets often, as well as lower compensation in general.
    Opportunities exist
    Intellectual capital, resources, assets, etc. hard to find, overrated or reinvention of the wheel.
    Bad corporate systems, process and technology wise.
    Top-heavy management, not real corporate culture, too much politics not enough opportunity for everyone.

Spend less resources on vanity programs and more on recruiting and keeping talent people.
    Company needs focus and vision, not just trying to sell any work that's IT-related.

Software engineer

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Franklin Lakes, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is easy and not much pressure. Good for some one could not load a job after graduation.

Cons

You won't improve yourself in this company. Try to learn as much as you can on your own.

Management is very poor.

Management Consultant

Former Employee - Management Consulting Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Management Consulting Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, good work life balance, ability to work on may different kinds of projects

Cons

Focus on staff augmentation work, IT delivery, promotions are slower than industry, compensation

Amazing place to work

Current Employee - Business and Systems Integration Senior Analyst in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Learning experience is phenomenal. I learn something new every day. There are also tons of training courses available.

-Extremely smart co-workers. Everyone has great stories to tell about what they know.

-Good work/life balance. Sometimes we work long hours, but managers make sure we don't work on the weekends. Fridays we can work from home!

-Great corporate culture. I feel valued and the company really cares about each individual.

Cons

-None. I've had a great ride so far and I can't wait for what is in store for me in the future!

no career growth for senior managers

Former Employee - Technology Consulting Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technology Consulting Senior Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

people and work is interesting

Cons

no career growth, ranking negatively affects good performers

leadership close network-it's not what you know it's who you know