Accenture

Accenture Reviews in New York, NY

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion(in 482 reviews)

• Good work culture, Vast training programmes, inter -technology & domain shifting(in 451 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke(in 963 reviews)

• No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors(in 160 reviews)

216 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My experience in working with Accenture

Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThey have an excellent operational system when it comes to technology

ConsBenefits are reasonable with years of service

Pretty great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros- If you're brought in as an experienced hire, great bonus potential
    - A boundless amount of career developing opportunities
    - Great reputation
    - A lot of well-run employee resource groups
    - Great opportunities for training
    - A lot of work from home roles, which can be a pro and a con - it can be isolating, however it allows more flexibility

Cons- You can be worked to the bone if you don't set boundaries
    - Health care package is not great if you go out of network

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove health care package!

Great place to build experience

Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsTop notch people. Diverse work. Opportunity for travel. Fair salary.

ConsInconsistent hours. Possible extensive travel. Potential to "fall through the cracks" if you are not proactive about your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency in promotion process. Make better use of resources.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid company

Managing Partner (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat experience. Opportunity to work on big, complex projects that will prove valuable to anyone's career.

ConsPolitics in leadership, lots of cooks in the kitchen.

Advice to Senior ManagementThin out the senior partner ranks -- too much dead wood

Strategy Consulting or Providers

Strategy Consulting (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosworking with world class teammates

Constravel time and family time

Advice to Senior Managementbetter IT support

It's still all about who you know -- and how lucky you are.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsAccenture invests in their employees - countless training opportunities, and you can even learn a lot while working with clients. Great client list, and large scale projects give you the opportunity to learn and experience a lot, and develop an impressive skillset. The people are smart and typically driven, and a pleasure to work with.

ConsIt's still about who you know -- you must learn how to "toot your own horn", and network. It's up to you to find your own mentors, and when you find a manager who will have your back and be in your corner, stick with them. Performance management sticks to a process that is not necessarily fair, nor does it reward those who really worked for it. Additionally, talent within the organization is not distributed properly - many great people have left because they were not being challenged properly, or because their skills weren't being tapped in to.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to recognize talent and allocate it better.

Great People

Senior Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsExcellent opportunities for people entering into the consulting world. Need to make commitment early if you want to move up. Help is there if you reach out for it. Extensive network of experts that you can draw on. Some of the brightest people I have ever worked with. Experienced hire process much better than in past.

ConsAfter hours work can sometimes be overwhelming. Copmmunications are not always transparent - what they say rationale is doesn't always match up with reality. Alignment of workforce doesn't mean much - you do what's required. Current market drivers drives management behavior

Advice to Senior ManagementBe transparent with communications about compensation and benefits. Don't say "market compensation means that raises will be.....". If we had a bad year and raises won't match previous years, just say it.

Mixed bag

Technology Consulting Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsOpportunities to explore different industries, very good benefits (aside from compensation). Some really good people, some not-so-great people. A great place to be if you're starting out, you're eager to work super-hard, and you want to hyperspecialize in an industry which is currently considered 'hot.'

ConsCompensation is not always competitive. Overall culture is bland and conservative. Hierarchy is top-heavy, and exacts a high overhead. Huge company, with commensurate bureaucracy. Interacting with administrative departments is extremely impersonal.

Great Company to gain exposure

IT Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsExposure to different fields and training material for new analyst. It's worth mentioning that most Senior managers are easy to approach for any questions or concern you may have.

ConsWork-life balance is difficult to maintain because the life of the consultant is to deliver within a given time, which usually requires long hours.

Good place to learn mechanics of a global enterprise as well as the corporations it deals with.

Management Consulting Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexibility in work style (i.e. sabbatical, work from home often).
    Good exposure to top corporations.
    Affable co-workers, maybe to a fault.
    Good place to start a career, able to leverage it to get other jobs / opportunities.

ConsTraining is overrated and not very challenging.
    Cheap travel budgets often, as well as lower compensation in general.
    Opportunities exist
    Intellectual capital, resources, assets, etc. hard to find, overrated or reinvention of the wheel.
    Bad corporate systems, process and technology wise.
    Top-heavy management, not real corporate culture, too much politics not enough opportunity for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less resources on vanity programs and more on recruiting and keeping talent people.
    Company needs focus and vision, not just trying to sell any work that's IT-related.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!