Accenture Reviews

Updated May 5, 2015
3 reviews filtered by
  • Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
4.0
Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
1 Rating

Pros
  • The consulting world is filled with many craziness but I love the fact that Accenture fosters a good work/life balance (in 609 reviews)

• Good work culture in organisation (in 543 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely zero work-life balance (in 1194 reviews)

• No work life balance for technical developers (in 192 reviews)

1. Software Consultant

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Friendly and relaxed working area, got to work with big projects.

Cons

Nothing much bad to say but some politics within themselves.

Advice to Management

Easy access or direct to senior manager.

Decent student experience

Former Employee - Industrial Placement Programmer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I worked at Accenture part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary for placement, really fun and interesting colleagues, good challenging work.

Cons

There could be more opportunities to move about.

Advice to Management

none

Company wants automatons and not individuals

Current Employee - Technical Role in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Technical Role in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Salary for the area is very good Health care, pension, overtime remuneration etc are all good, but appear to be in line with major organisations Good technical people to work with, in the main

Cons

Being US lead never works in the UK, down to the fact that the UK work ethos is completely different to that of the US Recognise the good people in the organisation, by what they do not by some spreadsheet or by some connection to management. The performance measurement tool, is a joke. Scrap it all together. It d Scrap the different worforces and align individuals by skillset, this will also help the performance management side of things Scrap the overburdening amount of Senior Executives on a single project Look outside of London, it is NOT the centre of the universe and there are a great deal of people with excellent skills, north of Watford !!!

Advice to Management

Adhere to the core values you so dearly push at employees Listen and actually act on the results of the Global Employee Survey, don't just cherry pick the comfortable best bits Treat us as individuals, respect our knowledge and experience. We are not machines but people with personalities, experiences and different levels of motivation. You can get a lot out of us if only you treat us with respect.

Showing 3 of 12,197 reviews