Accenture

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

75 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to start a consulting career.

Manager (Former Employee)
    Reston, VA

Pros* Excellent tools, frameworks and methodologies to reference for all types of work
    * Variety of clients and business industries
    * Excellent technical tools and resources
    * Employee Stock Purchase Program, 401K match, generous Paid Time Off accrual
    * Year-end bonuses for some types of projects and positions
    * Great thought leader -- publishes good material that strengthens the brand
    * Management constantly re-evaluates the business, organization, and strategy and makes adjustments. i.e. a consulting firm that is self-reflective and dynamic.

Cons* If you are hired to a particular project, can be tough to move elsewhere in the company as each project is run like a profit center and project/program management may not want to see you go.
    * Many projects are based 100% at the client site, so your work experience at Accenture will be completely based on the team mates (if any) and project leadership. Some good and some not and have poor morale and higher turn-over.
    * Related to above, I noticed that many people would leave for a competing firm rather than try to seek an internal change. (though this is a symptom at many consulting firms-- not just Accenture
    * They boasted professional development funding and or opportunities, but took them away mid fiscal year if the quarterly numbers were note adding up.
    * Still a bit of an "old boys" club - if you are out going, sociable and good at networking, you will do fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Look at ways to improve transition for prior military service persons.

Accenture

Software Consultant (Current Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsWork life balance is great
    flexible work schedule including; working from home
    Ability to move between projects in the consulting workforce

ConsSometimes getting a good project may be difficult. You may not be placed to work on skills that you were hired for.

Sometimes you need to work extra hours and you do not get paid
    The salary raise and bonus are really not good

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should increase the pay even if the employee performs at the peer level

Great place to start a career

Management Consultant (Former Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsExceptional benefits, salary, opportunities and connections

ConsDepending on the project the hours can be pretty tough on work life balance.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A learning experience

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsBenefits package is great, work environment and company values are great

ConsPerformance rating system could be improved

Advice to Senior Managementcreate a niche for yourself that will separate you from others

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsThere are plenty of flexible work options; range of benefits; efficient Human Resources; fair annual evaluations; lots of best practice sharing

ConsThere are some very bright people and some not so bright people. Many times the not so bright people are managers (perhaps as it is with any company).

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in internally-developed technology solutions.

Good people, challenging work, lots of hours.

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsMost of the people I worked with were smart, capable and hard working. I did some interesting work. I thought the pay was good.

ConsAt times, the hours were excessive. Once you get to a more senior level, you have to take the work you can get. For me, that would have meant nearly 100% travel.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have any advice for management. I thought it was good place to work, but the hours and travel became too much for me as I got older and we had our third child.

Good Company. Takes care of Employees

Manager (Former Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsExcellent pay and benefits. Training is the best in the industry, if you can get it.

ConsEverything depends on what project you get into. It can he a hit or miss.

It is a great company for kids coming out of college

Systems Integration Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsGood training for employees at St Charles

Conslong hrs of work several times

Fantastic culture if you are willing to work hard

Director (Former Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsGreat work at home, life balance if you get results

Consif you need direction all the time, don't come to accenture

Advice to Senior Managementcareer mentor better and watch the productivity soar

Well run machine - be careful not to get lost in the shuffle

Director (Former Employee)
    Reston, VA

ProsI spent over a decade and a half at Accenture and it was a rewarding time. I was able to travel all over the world and experience some very rewarding job opportunities. They do a great job recruiting the best people that will work well in their culture.

ConsWork Life Balance. Way too much process, procedure, and approvals. Hard to make it through the ranks without strong sponsorship that has influence and power.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 289,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture reviews and ratings in Reston, VA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme. All 75 reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees.