Accenture

3.6 7,958 reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

(3,134 ratings)

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion(in 488 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for(in 456 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke(in 971 reviews)

• No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors(in 161 reviews)

7,958 Employee Reviews

Great place to earn your professional stripes.

Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsStandard mega consulting and outsourcing pros:
    - exposure to many environments, challenges and the global work place
    - accelerated learning and progression (for high performers)
    - travel which is fun when you're young
    - stability because these companies are so highly diversified

ConsStandard mega consulting and outsourcing cons:
    - travel gets old as other priorities become important in your life
    - culture is not quite as fun as it used to be
    - quality of counterparts has been impacted due to diversification of workforce (namely outsourcing and experienced hires that don't fit in)
    - you don't "live with the decisions you make" and the changes you implement

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Keep up the amazing work!

Accenture is a good place for self starters to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsAccenture is a dynamic, open place to gain experience and challenge yourself. I was hired and promoted several times in a short time frame. The work is challenging and schedules are flexible. I have worked at a combination of client sites, Accenture offices and home. Our project keeps people engaged and informed.

ConsYour career is in your hands more than most other places, which is good, but for those not used to such a system, there is a learning curve which can be detrimental. There are systems in place to assist you with your career track but the overall approach can be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little more open communication to those you are seeking to bring on to a role and those who are working on your teams would go a long way.

More than just Consulting roles

Global Human Resources Programs & Operations (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsYou hear a lot about the burn out that occurs for people in consulting roles, but there are also many other opportunities, especially in the Corporate Functions space. Work from home and set own hours.

ConsWhile the flexibility is nice, tend to work around the clock supporting all parts of the world. People in the corporate functions space are work-aholics.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Starter company to learn consulting world

Business Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsIf you want to learn the politics of consulting with a great company, Accenture is a great place to come. Access to Senior Management is easy and great advice is always given.

ConsTravel can become hectic so you can really lose a work-life balance. There are times I would not be home for weeks. But i was able to do it because I was single and didn't have children.

Amazing company to work for.

ProsKeeps up with latest market technology and contributes to building robust technology in most industries.

ConsSalaries need to be negotiated.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing great

My experience in working with Accenture

Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThey have an excellent operational system when it comes to technology

ConsBenefits are reasonable with years of service

Great Company to Work For

ProsOverall, Accenture is a great company to work for. The people are awesome! There's a lot of opportunity within the company to move around as well. Lots of good programs supporting work/life balance, flexible schedules, work from home, etc.

ConsIt would be nice to have more budget to spend on travel, training and team meetings when working in such a virtual environment.

ITS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK AT.

Marketing Director (Former Employee) Laredo, MT

ProsHas a good pay and offers many opportunities for career growth. Pay and rewards are very competitive here. No discrimination of any kind and the working environment is perfect for all.

ConsNot much but the work can be challenging and the work load can sometimes exceed. Its not easy to get a promotion as there are very many employeest here

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job.

Accenture Corporate Development

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to work, engaging people, fulfilling and challenging work helping Accenture and Clients solve cutting edge problems to deliver value to both as well as multiple stake holders

ConsWith Accenture's success the company has grown significantly in a short period of time and depending on the role their may be limited or slower advancement at the upper executive levels

Consultant

ProsWork life balance is great

ConsReview process for promotion needs options to allow advancement when deserved.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!