Accenture Reviews

8,829 Reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
3,539 Ratings

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 576 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 514 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 1114 reviews)

• Managers repeatedly ask you to stretch---I told you no WORK-LIFE balance:-( (in 181 reviews)

More Highlights

good job nice people

Current Employee - Manager in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Current Employee - Manager in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Accenture has a global work force and it shows. I personally like working in such an environment. People are kind and helpful, although some are caught up in competition trying to get a differential advantage over others rather than working together.

The corporation itself is, at least honest about why it exists: money, profit. This is evident in all policies and rating systems. Of course they try and make you believe that there is some other motive using propaganda. however, most people see through this and share that view with you. That being said Accenture does provide opportunities to help internationally with various aid organizations and programs where you can, at a reduced pay, go and help in less fortunate countries if you want.

Cons

Red tape is something you will have to learn to live with. There is tonnes of that. You may also feel that you can never make decisions or call the ball as this is reserved, in any practical sense, for all with the title of Senior Executive.

the rating and review system is built around the belief that money is the motivator for all to work harder. Although money is important, this is and should not be the reason you do what you do. Also all performance is curved, comparing you to your peers. This means that you may often be subject to bias and the luck of the draw since you can not always pick and choose what project you are assigned to. The performance system works best if you are on a project with many other Accenture consultants at your level so that you can be compared.

Please measure performance against goals and benchmarks instead of relative to peers as this would be more relevant and fair.

Please consider relevant scientific studies when designing work environment and motivators.

To senior management: please find a better reason for being that profit. People buy what you believe, not what you do.

Great place to start your corporate finance career after college

Current Employee - Federal Client Financial Management in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Federal Client Financial Management in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great support staff on learning core job functions. Great executire presence in Federal Financial Management projects

Cons

very low pay compared to competitors w/ learning curve trailling off after 3rd year of employment. Each iterative promotion as you performing the same job functions, but with greater numbers and larger reports.

Expand Financial Management responsibilities to include client facing activities similar to B&P leadership or consulting resources

Great brand and sales stratergy

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Great work and opportunities
    Great clients
    Great leadership and vision

Cons

Lof of travelling, less promotions, perform review process

Great career development

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Upon joining Accenture, I have had the opportunity to explore several different industries through several unique roles. Accenture really cares about what you want to do with your career, and as a recent college graduate, it has been an incredible experience to learn.

Cons

Work-life balance varies per project

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Principal in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Principal in Miami, FL

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Entrepreneur spirit, very aggressive, great people, travel the world

Cons

Disjointed management structure, too much focus on changeability for Senior People.

Once a year, get the groups together so they can physically meet each other.

Great company to launch your post-college career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are a vast number of resources available for you to learn from.

I've had the opportunity to work with some very talented people.

Cons

Work-life balance can be difficult, but that is expected in consulting.

The majority of the projects are IT. This is just a personal con, so this may be a pro for someone else.

Good learning, Enriching, Good Rewards.

Current Employee - Systems Analyst Team Lead in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst Team Lead in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People, leadership, benefits, work culture

Cons

compensation, work life balance, senior leadership

compensation, work life balance

Consultant

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Great fast paced environment. Worked with quality people and learned a great amount.

Cons

Depending on your project/manager hours can be long at times.

Gr

Provided challenging and exciting work environment and opportunities for advancement

Former Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn more...about different industries and how they do business, about best practices, and about good management skills.
    I never had to ask to be given more responsibility. It came looking for me! I was never bored.
    Working with so many hard-working, intelligent people.
    Interacting with top company executives.

Cons

At times it can be a bit competitive with your fellow Accenture co-workers. Especially if there are multiple people up for promotion.

Continue to give your people responsibility and opportunities to grow, but know when it's too much. For example, shortly after being promoted to Manager, I was asked to step into a Senior Manager role and I felt "in over my head," but was told I had no choice but to take it or be rolled off the project.

Great Place To Start

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will work hard here, but you will also learn a lot. If you've never dealt with clients, you'll learn how to work with them, learn good project management skills, coding skills (if you are into that sort of thing). If you like to travel, you'll certainly rack up the miles.

Cons

Work hours, but this is expected for a consulting firm. Lots of travel. While travel sounds great, it wears on you after a while, and, you really don't get to see much of your client's city. Maybe going out for lunch or dinner, but when the weekend rolls around after a while you just want to go home and get in your bed, not the bed of the hotel or apartment complex you are staying at. Not the best paying of all the firms.