Accenture

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

(2,759 ratings)

7,200 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work Life balance, Easy to commute as good connectivity of shuttles across the city"
    in 431 reviews
  • "Good work culture, Vast training programmes, inter -technology & domain shifting"
    in 415 reviews
Cons:
  • "Don't respect work life balance or personal commitments unless you have kids"
    in 850 reviews
  • "No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors"
    in 143 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great people and leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsHealthcare practice has a solid team of leaders. Much better culture than other consulting firms.

ConsSames as all consulting firms - fast paced, up or out on the consulting side with high expectations

Interesting with room for career advancement

Consultant (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat people, variety of projects, high level of responsibility, time off, and traveling. Outside the mission of each project, the best part are the people you'll meet and the paid time off.

ConsMake sure you know the group you're being recruited to, some inflexibility in moving across groups or off bad projects. I didn't know exactly what group I was being recruited to and had little say with my initial alignment, which is hard to move away from.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for more mobility within and across projects and more transparency during recruitment.

Accenture truly aspires to be the best and it reflects in everything they do.

Manager (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture full-time

ProsFast paced; Challenging work; Tons of learning opportunities; Strong core values that is really ingrained in the company's culture; Strong leadership that you will truly admire and would like to work for; Flexible work arrangements;

ConsDepending on your project, work life balance can be quite good to barely there. Works as a global team with offshore delivery networks leading to no fixed work schedules, i.e your work day may start as early as 6am all the way to 11pm.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to treat your people as your best assets. Sometimes focusing too much on running the company as a business diverts you from this.

Great place to work to grow a career

Consultant (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 8 years

ProsTop notch people to work with, great personal perks, time away from work and opportunities to perform under different roles

ConsFind the right role for you and make sure it aligns with your needs and career aspirations

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Incredible place to launch a career

Alliance Client Manager (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 8 years

ProsVast opportunity for vertical and lateral promotion, valuable training - both classroom and on the job, interaction with senior client leaders in Fortune 500 companies, global exposure and opportunity to work in international locations

ConsLarge and getting larger - lose some of the personal touch, continuing to cut back on some benefits, experienced hires coming in are not the same caliber as those that are home grown (in some sense they are an accommodation to fuel the need for people), the higher you get in the firm the more work/stress involved

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on and build people - these are your lifeblood

excellent place to learn

I have been working at Accenture

ProsUnlimited career opportunities to explore globally

Conscareer advancement is highly challenging

Advice to Senior Managementbeaware of politics

Work hard, play hard

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou get lots of PTO and work from home whenever you would like. Lots of happy hours.

ConsDepending on the time line of the project, can work long hard hours and Midnight on a Friday to test the systems in Production when going live.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training is needed for new comers. Mainly you just thrown out there and you are expected to swim with the big fishes.

Best Years of my Career!

Director (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood pay, amazing work opportunities, top notch people, inspiring leadership, and your only limitation is yourself! I would encourage anyone emerginv from a top school who wants to continue the same level of intellectual challenge and rigor to apply here.

ConsTravel, Pace can wear people down over time -- usually when they start having kids. This is manageable if you can organize your life around it effectively, but admittedly it's not for everyone. I ended up leaving when I had a family situation that could not be accomodated -- although the firm did everything in it's power to try to help.

A wonderful company, but be wary of balance

Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThis is one of the best companies to launch a career. The colleagues and management that you will find at Accenture truly are world-class.
For those that are already well into their career, Accenture is a wonderful place to refine existing skills and build new ones.
Opportunities abound for those that are motivated and willing to put in the effort.

ConsWork/Life balance is something that is constantly discussed by staff and management -- the challenge is that no one discusses how to manage that balance. In order to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding consulting environment, you need to determine what this balance is and effectively communicate this to others. WIthout this, you will find that that projects and business development opportunities will eat into all aspects of your life.

Consultant

BI Consultant (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people, awesome projects, opportunities for growth.

ConsMaintaining a social life while being on the road.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to work out more flexible arrangements with your clients.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme. All 7,200 reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees.