Accenture

10,199 Reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
4,118 Ratings

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 609 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 543 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 1194 reviews)

• Managers repeatedly ask you to stretch---I told you no WORK-LIFE balance:-( (in 192 reviews)

More Highlights

Fantastic company for the self-directed employee

Current Contractor - Business Analyst
    Current Contractor - Business Analyst

I have been working at Accenture as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Above average pay, excellent benefits, amazing amounts of earned PTO and you are actually encouraged to use it. Office cultures and managerial experiences will vary due to extensive world wide locations, however I have never had a bad experience with any co-worker or manager. Very minimal supervision and no micro management, but you must be a very self-directed, self-motivated person who does not need to be provided a daily To-Do list to know how to get your job done. Company is based on fantastic core values that are actually lived and promoted. World wide promotion and growth potential, you can truly move anywhere within the company if you are motivated to do so.

Cons

No extreme cons, but a few things interested candidates should know: Interview process is mainly online and time frame can vary hugely from a few weeks to several months. Others I know who have not remained with the company complained about the lack of managerial support. While supervisors are always available to help, you really must be the type of person who can figure out what needs to be done without a lot of direction.

Keep up the good work!

Accelerated learning through exposure to senior clients and intensive on-the-job learning

I worked at Accenture

Pros

As with all consulting, you get the usual pros: diverse projects and clientele, exposure to senior leadership, travel (if you enjoy it!).

Accenture's strategy management consulting team is relatively small (both within the much larger company) and versus strategy-only houses. That brings advantages: you can get to know senior leadership very quickly, especially if you are based in a major office like London.

Cons

1- If you're interested in high-level strategy / management consulting, the company's reputation in IT delivery will work against you when pitching to clients
    2- A lot of company politics internally means you are often not rewarded based on your achievements before the clients, but on how well you are known & how much you are liked by senior people within (despite the fact that few of these people ever see your actual work)
    3- Because of (2), you are required to do a lot of "extra-curriculars" within the company to get known. Give the long-hours required for your actual client work, these additional extra-curriculars end up consuming your evening and/or your weekends

Loved Working for Accenture

Former Employee - Consulting Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Consulting Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people always willing to help. Team spirit. Lots of fun outside of work, from having breakfast with a friend on the team to project outings. The training I received was excellent. I learned so much in such a short time, I understand why Accenture doesn't seem interested in its employees earning advanced degrees. You learn more on the job. I loved my years at Accenture and wouldn't trade them for anything.

Cons

I hated the tools such as the performance management tool. Too complicated and time consuming. A necessary evil though. I also found it difficult to get my arms around the culture and processes as an experienced hire. Everyone else always seemed to know what they were doing and I felt lost, especially at the beginning. I do know people who managed to achieve very satisfactory work/life balance but I think it is a big challenge. The workload can be grueling and some project managers could use a chill pill.

Continue to work on integrating experienced hires and their utilization. This will always be hard because Accenture is an army of young recruits.

Positive experience as a marketer at Accenture

Current Employee - Marketing Manager (Enterprise/Internal) in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager (Enterprise/Internal) in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Great people and benefits. Wonderful company that is very ethical and supportive of diversity.

Cons

Their work from home policy is under review so if you negotiate that into your job offer make certain it is in your offer letter.

Be cautious about restrictions the work from home policy as many talented people are looking elsewhere out of concerns of losing it.

Good benefits, competitive salary, lots of options to decide how to direct your career.

Former Employee - Systems Integration Consulting Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Systems Integration Consulting Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance is decent. It's what you make of it. If you care about it, make it a priority and make it known.

Cons

Maybe too many options for career path and not enough guidance.

Good overall company

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great People
    Great Vacation time
    401K match
    Great Clients

Cons

May involve weekly travel
    Not all Clients in exciting locations

Good working environment

Current Employee - Software Engineer Senior Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Senior Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Training, Office culture, work - life balance

Cons

Career opportunities and personal growth

Best Consulting Firm

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Best Clients. Best Work Culture.

Cons

Frequent Travel , personal growth.

Nice Working place

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

good and decent pay, friendly and welcoming

Cons

Nothing really but for too much travel

Great company to work for, people are fantastic, culture is amazing

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Global company, constantly working with people from all over the world
    Projects are challenging, technologies we work with are current
    We are providing real world solutions where many others have tried and failed

Cons

Salaries are not market competitive, Accenture is known for this and it is causing higher than normal attrition at this point.

Take care of the people you are selling to your clients - this will drive better results in the long run. Stop looking for immediate need but have a longer term growth view.