Accenture Reviews

3.6
Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
4,645 Ratings

Pros
  • The consulting world is filled with many craziness but I love the fact that Accenture fosters a good work/life balance (in 609 reviews)

• Good work culture in organisation (in 543 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely zero work-life balance (in 1194 reviews)

• No work life balance for technical developers (in 192 reviews)

11,475 Employee Reviews

Good experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Accenture was a very good experience. I worked there for 7 years when I was starting my career. Started as an Analyst in Finance and worked up to Manager. They do reward people who do good work.

Cons

Downside is that I never saw them fire anyone who was not pulling their weight.

ABAP Developer / Technical Designer

Former Employee - SAP Consultant in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - SAP Consultant in Wilmington, DE

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Great place to start a career and learn corporate culture.
    - Despite a lot of hype and kool-aid drinking, there really are some good best practices since there are so many projects. The ADM is pretty reliable.
    - Once you get to know the people you'll find that there are many knowledgeable resources you can reach out to for help.
    - Although obviously you could get more working freelance the pay is pretty good.
    - Health/dental/vision benefits are really good compared to smaller companies.
    - There are discounts on mobile phones, travel, etc. (although it used to be better).

Cons

- Opportunities for local projects in the US market are dwindling and there is a lot of attrition lately. In some cases this manifests as a case of trimming the "muscle" instead of trimming the "fat."
    - Career path offers little opportunity for specialization; expect to follow the management career path even if you don't want to. If you want to specialize, it's hard to quantify and compare your accomplishments to people who follow the manager career path especially in the growing offshore model.
    - Purported work/life balance isn't always a reality - recently there is a near universal tendency to over-commit, underbid or not allocate enough budget which means your PTO plans may prove untenable or your weekends vanish into work time.
    - Ratings are based representation from a career counselor. If your counselor is not assertive and organized or is disengaged, your rating will suffer. Ratings meetings can come down to who can talk the loudest and that affects your compensation.

Advice to Management

- Get the workforces sorted out (consulting, services, solutions) and unify compensation like you've been leaning towards since 2006 or 2007.
    - Consider toning down on pushing the offshore model down the throats of domestic companies - it doesn't always work.
    - Provide a way to gather feedback on managing directors and senior management that doesn't make it obvious who is providing the feedback.
    - Outsourcing HR/TFSs who have no idea where cities are in the US and what is "local" shows that you don't value your US workforce. Follow through on making local opportunities available to resources - it cuts costs and keeps your employees happy.

3. Accenture life.

I worked at Accenture (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is very welcoming, there are a lot of opportunities within the company to move up the ladder.
    The career progression can be really quick depending on your exposure and visibility in the organization.

Cons

Some times if the project teams are huge it is hard for everyone to be appreciated, and also it really depends on how well you are close to the managers.

5. Grab it by the horns

Current Employee - Systems Integration Analyst
    Current Employee - Systems Integration Analyst

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company and career will be as good as you make it. There are a lot of opportunities, be aggressive and pursue anything. Take big bites out of anything that comes by. Network and don't be afraid to ask senior managers for what you need (more money? demand it. better position? ask for it. more challenges? prove you can handle it and ask away).

Cons

The company used to have a bad name, now its great, since their bet on healthcare paid off big time. Some of the internal stuff like HR takes forever.

As for hardware, you get your laptop and that's it. If you are lucky your project will have monitors, but if you want a company sponsored keyboard, you need the approval of a MANAGING DIRECTOR. WTF for a keyboard!

Advice to Management

I approve of the management, very competent and smart people. They should have more networking opportunities so they can share their networking secrets and help the average joe succeed.

6. Accenture Review

I worked at Accenture full-time

Pros

They tend to provide a very extensive training session before putting you on a project, which helped me a lot.

Cons

I was a recent college grad when I first started working at Accenture, and I was being underpaid as compared a few of my colleagues who got placed in other companies.

Advice to Management

They had hired a lot more people than they actually had projects for. I would advice to not hire people if they're gonna keep them on the bench.

7. Associate Manager

Current Employee - Test Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Test Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Good with Process and Startegy

Cons

I am happy with my current job

8. Overall Good to Work for

Current Employee - Team Lead
    Current Employee - Team Lead

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Average to Good Salary compare to competition

Cons

Location issues not much flexibility to move around projects

Advice to Management

Location flexibility needed

9. Great place to grow

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Accenture hires the best people, consequently you will work with the best people.

Cons

Usually work more than 40 hours per week. However you do get paid overtime so this can actually be a pro for someone looking to make more money.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing decision making to junior leaders. They know the project and requirements better than anyone.

10. Business Analyst/quality analyst

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great company with great culture. Nice management

Cons

Difficult to move in different vertical

11. Consultant

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Good place to work for now

Cons

None comment at this time

Advice to Management

None

Showing 11,475 of 11,852 reviews