Accenture
3.6 of 5 7,187 reviews
www.accenture.com Dublin, Ireland 5000+ Employees

Accenture Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work Life balance, Easy to commute as good connectivity of shuttles across the city"
    in 431 reviews
  • "Good work culture, Vast training programmes, inter -technology & domain shifting"
    in 415 reviews
Cons:
  • "Don't respect work life balance or personal commitments unless you have kids"
    in 850 reviews
  • "No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors"
    in 143 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good experience so far

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture

ProsCame in as an experienced hire in Oct 2010. Impressed with ACN's training, client base, and coworkers.Lots of interesting projects in my industry and specialization. Great pipeline of work. Most importantly, I feel that by working hard and smart, by networking, and through a little luck, the opportunity for advancement is high.I didn't feel like this in industry.

ConsFor me, nearly non-stop travel. Grinding stretches of long days, especially if there's an offshore team in the mix (5, 6AM calls, then onsite client work, then calls again till 10, 11PM). Tough to take time off as needed. Project management and client contacts can make your engagement fall along the continuum of "excellent and highly engaged" to "grin and bear it." Cliques of employees who have been at the firm for a while. None of this should be a surprise to anyone in consulting.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm happy with the experience and am getting out of it what I hoped for. Proud to work here.

Great Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Accenture

ProsGreat people in management and peer group. Flexible with part-time, full-time options. Compensation is good. Good review process for promotion process.

ConsAccenture people deliver, even if it requires long, hard hours. Often travel to client sites is required an this can be exhausting and hard on family life.

Management is unfair when it comes to promotion and performance review ratings

Consultant (Current Employee)
Reston, VA

I have been working at Accenture

ProsJust to gain some experience in one of the big companies, other than that i wouldn't consider working for this company not more than 2 years

ConsNo overtime, always short deadlines, poor planning, many projects does not support work/life balance, unfair in promotion process, unfair system in providing end of the year feedback

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys never care about who are working for 5-10 yrs, they just like to have fresh college grads..bcas they can pay low...and the SEs and Managers they get to stick to their positions for 10-15 yrs.....they have to move on to give opportunities for others

Good place to work

Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Accenture

ProsGood place to learn and develop as a professional.

ConsAt times poor work/life balance

Advice to Senior Management'm happy with the experience and am getting out of it what I hoped for.

High Performance Delivered ... at a price

Raleigh, NC

ProsVery Smart People
Challenging work
Competitive training budget

The project I am on is very demanding and the work never ceases. Some of the work is even enjoyable if you have responsibilities in the planning.

ConsTerrible Work/Life Balance
Weak communication from Project mgmt (grapevine rules)
Very political

I see my colleagues more than I see my family. I don't even travel, which is bad. Lack of career advancement hinders long term planning....career becomes just a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the people like you want them around.

Say goodbye to your family

SAP Consultant (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture

ProsGreat Technology, Many Opportunities, Always work to be done.

ConsHard to have a family and work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not assume that your employees want to work 14 hour days and get paid for 8.

Work Hard, Get Screwed

Systems Integration Analyst (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture

ProsGreat knowledge sharing network and able to pick up a lot of skills in any project. Benefits are great.

Cons- When it comes to promotion, it doesn't make sense to have your counselor to represent you if he/she hasn't been on your project. Therefore a lot of misinterpretation happens resulting your chance for promotion. You can work your butt off, provide great quality work, get praises from management but the only thing you'll get in the end is disappointment.

- Bonus' is pathetic and management expects you to work "harder" next year

- Rolling off projects is almost impossible with stubborn management that always thinks about "me, me, me"

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a management consulting firm, LISTEN to your own people. Stop being cheap and give better bonuses/salary to employees. And you wonder why ACN slipped on Fortune's list year after year.

Good

Analyst (Current Employee)
Dublin, CA

I have been working at Accenture

ProsGreat people fun to work with

ConsNot challenging enough, needs to be more challenging

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more engineers

I really loved working for Accenture- left to go back to school.

Management Consulting Analyst (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at Accenture

ProsThe people are great and the work was really interesting. As an analyst I got to work in consultant roles and was promoted based on my hard work.

ConsSometimes it can be difficult to get off of projects. It is important to have a good relationship with your career counselor to help you out in those situations.

A mixed bag

Specialist (Former Employee)
Irving, TX

I worked at Accenture

ProsCompensation is good. As an "experienced hire," I came in as a specialist/ consultant at the equivalent of a manager's salary in the industry. Bonuses in the Services organization were hefty since I had a high performance ranking and the projects to which I was assigned were profitable.

ConsIf you don't have a college degree or even if you do but aren't in the consulting organization, opportunities for advancement are limited. There is no employee development because it's assumed you're already "smart" by the time you make it to Acn. And depending on the leaders assigned to a particular project, things like management styles, work-life balance, and team relationships vary wildly from completely wonderful to absolutely nightmarish.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme. All 185 reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees.