Accenture

10,204 Reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
4,120 Ratings

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 609 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 543 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 1194 reviews)

• Managers repeatedly ask you to stretch---I told you no WORK-LIFE balance:-( (in 192 reviews)

More Highlights

Very Positive experience at Accenture!

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It has been a very positive experience working for Accenture. It is critical for me to know I am working for and promoting a highly reputable organization built on integrity, leading technology with a solid financial base. One thing I have noticed is the longevity of the employees; senior managers and others who have spent their entire career life with Accenture since graduating college. I have found that Accenture offers many careers for new grads and experienced professionals who are interested in joining strong teams, learning in a dynamic environment and thriving on challenge. Accenture provides an environment where people leverage their skills, talents, experience and interests to grow professionally and build rewarding careers.

Cons

It is an ever changing environment with regualr updates to systems, technology and refining processes. There will never be a typical day at Accenture, but that’s why people love it here! The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing digital landscape.

When possible, provide more advance warning when process and systems are going to be changing. Giving more time to prepare and train.

Accenture is one of the best companies in the world. Client focus is how the company decides everything.

Former Employee - Managing Director
    Former Employee - Managing Director

I worked at Accenture

Pros

The level of talent at Accenture is outstanding. The opportunities most individuals are afforded are incredible. Generally speaking the pay is good for roles throughout ones career. Clients are demanding, but that only allows for one to achieve at higher levels and many times beyond what one believes. There are so many top notch leaders at Accenture that provides a fruitful environment for younger employees to be mentored by some of the best in the consulting industry.

Cons

Hard charging environment that does challenge the work life balance. The up or out mentality of many groups may not be a good fit for all individuals.

Continue to ensure client's current and future needs drive investment decisions, both financial and talent resources.

Loved Working for Accenture

Former Employee - Consulting Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Consulting Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people always willing to help. Team spirit. Lots of fun outside of work, from having breakfast with a friend on the team to project outings. The training I received was excellent. I learned so much in such a short time, I understand why Accenture doesn't seem interested in its employees earning advanced degrees. You learn more on the job. I loved my years at Accenture and wouldn't trade them for anything.

Cons

I hated the tools such as the performance management tool. Too complicated and time consuming. A necessary evil though. I also found it difficult to get my arms around the culture and processes as an experienced hire. Everyone else always seemed to know what they were doing and I felt lost, especially at the beginning. I do know people who managed to achieve very satisfactory work/life balance but I think it is a big challenge. The workload can be grueling and some project managers could use a chill pill.

Continue to work on integrating experienced hires and their utilization. This will always be hard because Accenture is an army of young recruits.

NA

Current Employee - Procurement Specialist in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Procurement Specialist in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ocean of Opportunities, Open Culture

Cons

Nothing to mention downside of Organisation

NA

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Accenture is a great place to work with superb culture and leadership team. They foster innovation and also take very good care of employees.

Cons

Work Life Balance is little difficult to maintain

Nice Working place

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

good and decent pay, friendly and welcoming

Cons

Nothing really but for too much travel

Best Consulting Firm

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Best Clients. Best Work Culture.

Cons

Frequent Travel , personal growth.

Accenture Management Consultant

Former Employee - Management Consultant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Management Consultant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Huge opportunities provided for gaining ever-increasing responsibilities with clear opportunities to gain a diverse range of experiences across a broad spectrum of industries. A great place to rapidly develop during the early phases of your career.

Cons

Sink or swim model. Not a problem for me as the expectations that it is a meritocracy were clearly set and fairly managed. People just need to know that the expectation is that you do not remain static, but that you continuously look to develop and stretch yourself. So it can be quite demanding, but in return you gain major experience.

Aim to set more realistic timelines at the outset of major projects.

I am comfortable

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good policies
    Brand
    Pays well
    Big Clients
    Training & flexible hours

Cons

Heavy work

Will accepts anything in maintainance project and technical resource struggle with manual work

Good company

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Good culture and values. Good opportunities

Cons

Bad experience with senior management. Not that great work balance