Accenture

www.accenture.com

Accenture Reviews

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 488 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 456 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 971 reviews)

• No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors (in 161 reviews)

More Highlights

Accenture tidbits

Consultant (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe people you work with are probably the best team that you can be placed in.

ConsThe work/life balance is a struggle if your a traveler.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to improve the method that employees are rated during annual reviews.

A fun, young, and hardworking culture

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsThe people are fun and helpful. Everyone is very young, which is nice. The culture is open loose, you will often hear people laughing and joking around in the office.

They promote an atmosphere of learning. Everyone is very helpful. Everyone at every level welcomes people to come to them for help or anything. Even the senior executives welcome anyone and everyone to come talk to them.

Generally, you will have the freedom to complete your job the way you want it, but you can get help when you need it.

ConsExpected to work long hours. They don't pay for educational expenses.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to build stronger relationships with clients instead of constantly pushing to maintain margins.

Good place to work

Management Consulting Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPeople, People, People, People People

ConsNot enough time at home

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your people

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Consulting Company

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat exposure to a variety of work. Great networking potentials with all of the clients and travel opportunities if you're into that sort of thing. Clients respect your advice coming from a reputable consulting company such as Accenture.

ConsLots of travel. Don't work here if you are intending to stay in the same place for a long period of time. There's lots of corporate politics that get in the way of everyday business. If you like seeing your products come to fruition, this is not the place for you since the projects are often only for a part of the product development process.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou seem to be doing a decent job.

High Performance

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsExcellent career growth
    Technically strong people
    Amazing leadership

ConsToo big a company so you have to strive really really hard to make your work noticeable to Sr. Mgmt
    Since it is such a big company you will notice people who are not competent being promoted to your peers or above.

Advice to Senior ManagementBill Green's strategic vision needs to be pushed down to every single people in the project or unit.
    Training is very important for the current work and employee's satisfaction so 2 weeks of mandatory training must be enforced.
    Class room or vendor based trainings must be provided for employees who are interested.

Consultant at Accenture

Consultant (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe best technical talent works for Accenture. Despite what they tell you at interview, Accenture comprises of techies or people who are slowly learning to be techies to advance their career in Accenture. Even the senior management is very technical and there is a very strong focus on performance. The fact that even management is technical savvy helps during tough projects.

ConsDue to everyone being a techie, one is forced to become more and more technical very quickly.Functional folks are strongly urged to learn programming and those who don't do that quickly are marked as "bad performers".

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter salaries for consulting folks who spend a lot of time outside their homes. It is really surprising that Accenture consulting salaries are the lowest amongst the big-5 consulting firms. They don't distinguish much between consulting and solutions (no travel) workforce salaries.

Great company, lots to offer the talented people, as long as you have the energy to keep charging ahead

Senior Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros1) Maximum flexibility in my job - I am able to work at home or at Accenture's offices around the bay area.
    2) Great people - i have found my colleagues to be very committed to helping us grow as a company.
    3) Great training opportunities - hundreds of online courses that we can take anytime, and many live courses that help us develop new skills.
    4) Once you have been there a few years and people get a sense of what you can do, opportunities abound.

Cons1) We are a huge company - 180,000 - and you need strong communication capabilities to get noticed.
    2) You have to be a bit pushy to compete with all the Type A personalities in Accenture.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to reach out to the local organizations, and make sure you dedicate some time to meet people in the far flung locations (like San Francisco and Los Angeles).

Bill is charismatic, and uses his team of advisors well.

Recruiter (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe people. Many companies claim to care for their people, and claim to be supportive of work/life balanace. Accenture actually does. Employees are encouraged to use their (very generous) Paid Time Off, and other benefits.

ConsIf you want to be a "big fish in a small pond," Accenture is not the place for you. We are truly Global - so even the big fish, are minnows. Accenture does an amazing job managing a global corporate culture and identity - the cost to employees is that annual rewards may seem to be dilluted because the pool sharing the rewards is very big.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would remind our senior management that they make the decisions regarding the company goals that annual rewards are based on - not the workforce... and yet they continue to earn compensatory rewards while the general workforce is informed that we won't because of falling short of corporate goals. In some of our groups, this has happened for 3 or more consecutive years.

Desperately Seeking a Real HR Function in Accenture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWide exposure to a lot of different things with a lot of learning opportunities. Most of the time you will be have to learn on your own with little guidance. However, if you are sharp enough to, you can usually gut through it. In the end, if you can stick it out for a few years, you will walk away much more strong than when you got there, and hopefully be able to leverage the experience in another job. The pay is decent, however, there is definitely a cost to pay for it in terms of lifestyle. In the end, there are some great people here, but they are far and few between.

ConsThe HR function is absolutely the most horrific I have ever seen, and the work life balance during consulting is non existent. They are attempting to offshore a lot of work now, so limited opportunities to none for the onshore management staff. There are some long timers here, but they all feel a culture of entitlement. Most of them could not do half the work that they are criticizing you for. Finally, the benefit package is horrible for healthcare. They are in a coinsurance ploy. Take the lumps and learn all that you can, and then get out.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people without filters. Dont just say you will listen, but hear it too.

Accenture Review

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood interim stepping stone to another firm firm

ConsCut-throat competitive working environment; incompetent managers

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove management transparencies

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!