Accenture

9,416 Reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
3,819 Ratings

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 609 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 543 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 1194 reviews)

• Managers repeatedly ask you to stretch---I told you no WORK-LIFE balance:-( (in 192 reviews)

More Highlights

Review for past employer

Former Employee - SAP BI Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - SAP BI Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great working ethics with great benefits

Cons

Not good for lazy workers

Satisfactory

I worked at Accenture

Pros

- Young and dynamic environment
    - trainings, courses and growth opportunities

Cons

- Not always simple to communicate directly with senior managers
    - lower salaries compared to competitors

Good company

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary hike are freuent and so is promotions. great environment to work in and always have crowd . nice cafeteria for food options

Cons

Project switches are frequent and location is not your choice. May send you to any location without asking for your consent

Maintain transparency

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Follow process, lot of scope to learn and grow

Cons

Not fair in giving benefits

Joining as an experienced hire

Former Employee - Manager In Enterprise Partner Support in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Manager In Enterprise Partner Support in Washington, DC

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have a great benefits program, generous PTO time off (which includes sick days), good training programs. They will promote the experienced hire program, though there is not much of a structured program. Accenture is a great brand name and will enhance your resume. They are a very demanding company to work for. You will be expected to work overtime. They will talk about how work-life balance is really important and how you should use flex time to your advantage. Just don't do it during busy times and that is most of the year. It is a very stable company however I was laid off due to budget cuts and I had the least tenure in my group. They do provide the opportunity to move around if your position gets cut however it is limited time and the hiring process is slow. It took me 7 weeks to get hired, when you only have 30 days to close on a new opportunity, you have to move fast and hope they do too. It is admirable that they give you the opportunity.

Cons

Experienced hires are well respected and they bring in new blood and new ideas, they are so happy to have you on board. What I actually experienced is that Accenture has many "lifers" who have been there forever- right out of college, 10-20 year tenures. They are heavily invested, promoted through a laddering system by their peers, and to experienced hires, you are reporting to people, typically younger than you, with less overall years of experience in the business. All they know is the Accenture Way.

I had a few very successful years, I tried to get promoted, I would always be trumped by a lifer. It is also very difficult to get credit for your work. Typically it melts into your Sr. Managers and executives and you will not be spotlighted for your efforts. Folks at Accenture evaluate you by "the time you have been with Accenture". They do not recognize for one minute your past years of experience with other firms when it comes to recognition of your capabilities and promotion time. They also promote and assign bonuses through a system called Laddering where your peers chime in and vote on who deserves the promotion and bonus the most. If you are popular and have been around a while, you will of course get the most votes. A Sr. Manager I was interviewing with recently told me that the turn around for experienced hires is 80% in less than 5 years. They also made a comment that Accenture chews up and spits out experienced hires and why was I still here at 3 years? These blatant comments really concerned me and maybe getting laid off was not such a bad thing.

As mentioned earlier, work life balance is promoted, however in reality, it is difficult to practice and you are not winning any brownie points when it is busy. They expect you to work overtime when the work is there. They do have a really good benefits program however in 2015, they have cut back their healthcare program to one consistent program for everyone, but you can choose from 3 healthcare firms. They raised your contribution from 85/15 to 80/20. Costs did not go down. You pay extra for dental and eye care plans, they do cover the bigger percentage costs for these programs. They do offer group rates on optional life insurance and some specialty programs like pet insurance, AD&D, upgraded life insurance, critical illness, etc.

Pay is good if you can put up with the usual workplace BS

Former Employee - Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and perks that go along with working for a large multinational corporation.

Cons

Have you read the Dilbert comic strips or seen the movie "Office Space"? Yeah, it's pretty much like that.

None

Good learning experiences, lack of opportunity

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Smart people
    Good area to start a career post college

Cons

Lack of invested leadership
    Pigeon holed into role types

Let people move about more depending on their interests

Accenture doing well. Still no raises

I worked at Accenture full-time

Pros

I didn't work on the consulting side but on the IO side.
    Good people in the trenches
    Interesting work
    My supervisor cared
    Good work/life balance

Cons

No real future
    No career advancement
    Upper management changed to be all about costs and no longer about taking care of the front line people
    Raises not so good. No raises this year.

This isn't rocket science. If you don't take care of your people the operation stalls and the competition passes you by.

good place to start the career

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

great exposure to top-notch clients and different industries

Cons

very bad work-life balance, had to pull many many all-nighters

Good worklife balance, benefits but unsatisfying work and unfair performance evaluation process.

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Accenture

Pros

a lot of paid time off and in general pretty flexible about working from home

Cons

Staffing process was frustrating, difficult to get staffed on projects that fit your interests; got pressured to take boring admin/ops roles constantly
    performance evaluation process is pretty terrible; rewarded "serial club-joiners" and networking suck-ups