Accenture

Accenture Reviews

3.5

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 609 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 543 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 1194 reviews)

• Managers repeatedly ask you to stretch---I told you no WORK-LIFE balance:-( (in 192 reviews)

More Highlights

Don't stay at the party too long

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Changing job opprotunities like other consulting firms.

Cons

Promotions are very subjective and is a popularity contest and not work based.

Base performance on Job and not on kissing a**.

Might look good on a resume, but if you have options, exercise them.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Opportunities to work from home for 3 out of 5 days.

Cons

For the amount of work expected, it was a complete rip-off. Contract employees especially get the shaft, which is fairly typical in a corporate environment. However, the contractors I knew were making about 15K less at Accenture than they would at similar companies doing similar things. That was also without benefits. Full-time/regular employees can only go so far before they hit a ceiling on their salary. It doesn't matter how competent you are. If you get the misfortune of being on a certain team and having a certain manager, you were pretty much screwed. I was often also overwhelmed by useless conference calls and meetings with managers that were designed solely to provide the appearance of an open door. Meanwhile, managers repeatedly shifted the buck and avoided solving real issues that desperately affected our clients. My co-workers were competent and did a lot of work. However, the management encouraged a lot of secrecy and backbiting behavior that ultimately led to internal issues within my team and two people leaving the company altogether.

Senior management appears to really try to do the right thing. However, the middle managers are largely incompetent or just outright liars. They either aren't empowered to do anything or don't feel the need to do the right thing. I've had managers lie about vital issues and pit employee against employee. It's really despicable, unethical behavior.

Good place to be associated with, if you can tolerate the work environment.

Former Employee - Level C in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Level C in Reston, VA

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Accenture apparently has a great reputation for hiring the best people. I'm not sure how this is perceived throughout varying industries. However, the Accenture name is well-known, possibly due to one of their major endorsements.

Cons

The biggest downside to working at Accenture was the lack of training for inexperienced managers and leaders. There was little focus in this area and as a result, a lot of people get really unfair treatment.

I would really encourage management to focus on training and development of talent. Although there are a lot of smart people within the organization, people skills seem to be lacking, throughout.

ACN - An OK place to work

Current Employee - Management Consulting Analyst in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Management Consulting Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

It looks good on your resume for future jobs and there are some pretty decent discounts on consumer products available

Cons

No work life balance and super low pay for anything entry level

Try and make employees experience more enjoyable so they won't want to leave

Want a life?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Accenture

Pros

The pay is high compared to other leading consulting firms.

Cons

The hours. OMG. The hours.

Listen more!

Exactly what you would expect with a big consulting company...

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

In the consulting workforce, you have the opportunity to get promoted quickly. You also get a pretty nice benefits package. Good training options, health, ESPP, and 401k matching.

Cons

As other people have mentioned, pay at Accenture lags market averages. There also is the politics thing others have mentioned, but I think this is something that you should expect EVERYWHERE. People have impressions about you that are deeper than what you perceive your performance to be. I have accepted the fact that politics is a part of the game and learned to play it. I would suggest the same to anyone else.

Lead by example. There are many times where management will ask younger people to put in longer hours while they go home or go golfing, etc.

High Performance

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

Excellent career growth
    Technically strong people
    Amazing leadership

Cons

Too big a company so you have to strive really really hard to make your work noticeable to Sr. Mgmt
    Since it is such a big company you will notice people who are not competent being promoted to your peers or above.

Bill Green's strategic vision needs to be pushed down to every single people in the project or unit.
    Training is very important for the current work and employee's satisfaction so 2 weeks of mandatory training must be enforced.
    Class room or vendor based trainings must be provided for employees who are interested.

Consultant at Accenture

Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Accenture

Pros

The best technical talent works for Accenture. Despite what they tell you at interview, Accenture comprises of techies or people who are slowly learning to be techies to advance their career in Accenture. Even the senior management is very technical and there is a very strong focus on performance. The fact that even management is technical savvy helps during tough projects.

Cons

Due to everyone being a techie, one is forced to become more and more technical very quickly.Functional folks are strongly urged to learn programming and those who don't do that quickly are marked as "bad performers".

Better salaries for consulting folks who spend a lot of time outside their homes. It is really surprising that Accenture consulting salaries are the lowest amongst the big-5 consulting firms. They don't distinguish much between consulting and solutions (no travel) workforce salaries.

Great company, lots to offer the talented people, as long as you have the energy to keep charging ahead

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

1) Maximum flexibility in my job - I am able to work at home or at Accenture's offices around the bay area.
    2) Great people - i have found my colleagues to be very committed to helping us grow as a company.
    3) Great training opportunities - hundreds of online courses that we can take anytime, and many live courses that help us develop new skills.
    4) Once you have been there a few years and people get a sense of what you can do, opportunities abound.

Cons

1) We are a huge company - 180,000 - and you need strong communication capabilities to get noticed.
    2) You have to be a bit pushy to compete with all the Type A personalities in Accenture.

Continue to reach out to the local organizations, and make sure you dedicate some time to meet people in the far flung locations (like San Francisco and Los Angeles).

Bill is charismatic, and uses his team of advisors well.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accenture

Pros

The people. Many companies claim to care for their people, and claim to be supportive of work/life balanace. Accenture actually does. Employees are encouraged to use their (very generous) Paid Time Off, and other benefits.

Cons

If you want to be a "big fish in a small pond," Accenture is not the place for you. We are truly Global - so even the big fish, are minnows. Accenture does an amazing job managing a global corporate culture and identity - the cost to employees is that annual rewards may seem to be dilluted because the pool sharing the rewards is very big.

I would remind our senior management that they make the decisions regarding the company goals that annual rewards are based on - not the workforce... and yet they continue to earn compensatory rewards while the general workforce is informed that we won't because of falling short of corporate goals. In some of our groups, this has happened for 3 or more consecutive years.