Accenture

Accenture Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion(in 482 reviews)

• Good work culture, Vast training programmes, inter -technology & domain shifting(in 451 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke(in 963 reviews)

• No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors(in 160 reviews)

178 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Career of a Lifetime

Technology Consulting Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsTruly diverse workforce with a global presence and the ability to own your career while working with an equally diverse range of clients.

ConsChange occurs quickly at a very fast pace, which can be overwhelming to those who are not prepared or do not work well in such environments.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeveloping our people should be more visibly and tangibly rewarded, and should not come at the expense of short-term gains to appeal to Wall Street.

Everyone has been friendly, hard-working, and honest.

Systems Integration Analyst (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAccenture is the leading technology consulting firm.
    The people are smart and friendly.
    The salary is good.

ConsWork can require a lot of travel.

Accenture is one of the best places to work in the bay area

Systems Integration Consultant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat people, lot of opportunities

ConsThere is too much travel involved.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good for new grads but not long-term

Consultant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat opportunity to get some impressive clients straight out of school
    Learn how to survive in a very competitive environment
    Great coworkers ("go to battle together")

ConsDisconnect between partners and consultants who actually do the work
    You become a number

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to take into account a person's interest before extending them on projects. It would do wonders for retention.

Not my favorite job

Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsIf you are just graduating this is the place to start your career. Maybe you want to travel (because you will every week).
    401k matching is good.

ConsNot a good place for experienced hires. This company brings in people with 20 years experience at the Consultant title while promoting 5 years out of school to Manager title. Experienced hires are fillers when they have extra work and will not be promoted to Manager before 3 years. Travel is outrageous with more and more global travel required, which means 21 days away from home 7 days working in country. Bonuses are small. There is no training other than required video training that is around ethics and fraud required to protect ACN not you. Your technical skills will be degraded here.
    Beware that coming to ACN is just the beginning of your interviewing. Every time you complete an assignment you must find your assignment and competitively apply and interview for each new position.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire experienced hires unless you have a plan for their careers. People invest in ACN and you need to invest in your people. Provide training so your staff can remain current in their skills. It costs more to layoff every 3 years and hired newly trained people. Once companies start to on-shore work they will have little need for your brand of spreadsheet delivery with all technical workers offshore. These experienced hires you think so little of will be the employees your clients will trust when engaging ACN. Have a little regard to where your people live and actually plan assignments instead of last minute looking for the cheapest resource with less travel expenses.

A great place to work -- if you find the roles

Senior Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsWide range of opportunities in all industries, all geographies, and all capability areas/skillsets. Something for everyone.

ConsDifficult balance between client-facing work and "internal" roles and responsibilities. It is imperative that people take a highly directed approach with respect to finding the right roles. Due to the massive size of the organization, it can be difficult to navigate for those new to the company.

Negotiate everything before you join

Associate Manager (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsClose to home.Salary is OK

ConsNo work life balance. Very stressful work environment because of manager

Great people and opportunities

Consultant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsMy colleagues are all top notch consultants and I love working with them. You are responsible for designing your own career path and creating your own support network. People are not going to hold your hand and you have to be proactive about it. This is what will set apart people who love Accenture and people who don't. With that said, I have "designed" my own roles and have had amazing opportunities to travel internationally. We also get a significant amount of PTO, especially compared to some of our industry client counterparts.

ConsCareer transitions take a significant amount of time. It is easy to become pigeon-holed at large clients and you may have to make the choice between taking "a hit" on your performance rating one year (salary, career progression implications) in order to "escape" and pursue other opportunities in different industries, fields of work, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you value your top performers and enable them to pursue their career goals and new opportunities. We know what our value is outside of Accenture; our eyes are always open for future opportunities and a change in scenery if Accenture won't provide it. Some form of additional compensation would also be nice to make up for some of the crazy 14 hour days I put in.

Accenture is a large company with a variety of opportunity, in which a self-driven professional may thrive.

Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat people; high integrity; fair compensation; solid training. The company has a wide range of opportunity for self driven and persistent individuals. In the places I have worked since, I have yet to find the consistent level of professional integrity I saw in my peers and management at Accenture.

ConsLong hours; regular travel to sometimes mundane locations.

great company for young ambitious people

Finance (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosthe company offers innovative services, high profile clients, training program, talented people, wide range of services offered and opportunities. A good place to start a career.

Conscompensation is on the lower end but the experience is very good. Many new hire from school stay for a few years to get experience then go on to other external opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more competitive salaries to loyal, high performing employees

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!