Accenture Reviews in San Francisco, CA

8,869 Reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
3,560 Ratings

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 583 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 519 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 1133 reviews)

• Managers repeatedly ask you to stretch---I told you no WORK-LIFE balance:-( (in 182 reviews)

More Highlights

187 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Consultant

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Able to build your career
    -Learn as you go culture
    -Competent co-workers
    -Great culture

I refer to it as the bachellors of your professional career

Cons

-As you continue to grow in the company your chances of staying local decrease

-Start building a local business model

Great for go-getters

Former Employee - Management Consulting Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Management Consulting Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Accenture as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities, diverse clients & project availability, intelligent & driven people, fun managers. Ability to grow and move upwards very quickly so long as you ask for it.

Cons

Need to continuously put yourself out there to get the best opportunities, stigma of being "on the bench" (eg. between projects). You'll have a good or bad experience based on four factors: (1) the account, (2) your specific project within the acccount, (3) your direct team, (4) your specific role within the team.

Invest a little more into the new employees that are still getting used to the culture. Right now, the culture is a bit sink-or-swim, so a little help guiding new hires in would be great.

9+ years

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of Experience in short time and variety of platform to work with giant clients

Cons

Easy to lose track of your core technology

Competitive compensation

Great for a short amount of time

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exposure to top international companies

Cons

Least sexy consulting work.
    Staff Aug work

Trying to be optimistic.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

...
    ...
    -Oh yeah, the spring employee party for Northern California was a blast!
    -401K 6% match is nice but you have to wait a year.
    -My current manager/supervisor is really cool.
    -Seems to be relatively easy to relocate, which is awesome if you want to experience a new city.
    -Volunteerism is big and encouraged. There are even opportunities to volunteer with NGOs/Non-profits in developing countries.
    -The employee purchase plan at a 15% discount is pretty nice.

Cons

-Pay is pathetic for my area.
    -Work life balance is non-existent.
    -The Talent Fulfillment Specialist (TFS) system is good in theory but horrible in practice. The TFS is the person 'dedicated' to helping you find a project/get staffed. I've had three in less than a year. They are supposed to try to match you based on your skills/interests, but normally it includes them just throwing you on whatever project pops up that accepts you. I now know they have their own 'quotas' to meet. Going forward I will probably try to circumvent the TFS. I landed my first/current project because someone quit, my boss called me and said, "Can you start Monday?". I didn't apply for this project, nor was I interested. I actually had two interviews scheduled later that day, and next week with project managers for roles I was interested in. My awesome interim career counselor advised me not to take it because she had worked with this client before and it was a horrible experience. My TFS advised me that I needed to be on a project (if you are on the bench that is bad, although for new hires they give you a substantial grace period). Translation: you can't say no. A couple months later she was no longer my TFS (due to organizational changes).
    -You have a career counselor who speaks on your behalf during ratings season, but the counselor doesn't even work with you. It's a pretty convoluted process. I understand given the nature of the project based work this was probably intended to facilitate. Basically, all your direct supervisors give you feedback and upload it, then your career counselor can see that feedback, along with your input, and go to bat for you at the ratings meetings. I've had 2.5 career counselors in less than a year. (My first one took a leave of absence for a few months, so I was paired with an interim (she was awesome btw). Shortly after my original counselor returned, Accenture revamped its organizational structure and I was assigned a new career counselor.
    -It seems like every few weeks, there's a mass email mentioning some new talent group, structure revamp, etc, etc.
    -I attempted to negotiate but I definitely didn't do a good job because I do feel I was cheated and did not get enough credit for my experience/degree.
    -when some of my colleagues learned I actually had to commute down to work M-F, they were shocked. "What?? You can't work from home at least one day a week?" (Despite the fact that virtually 95% of my duties can be performed at home.)

Pay employees what they deserve, especially for high cost of living areas.
    Overall I realize I am just stuck in a dead end, horrible project so that's why I am hopeful. I can see the light, so I am going to stick it out for at least one more year.
    I will say that some of my colleagues I started with are on awesome projects and have great work-life balance (i.e. can work from home.)

Great Company

Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance, challenging assignments

Cons

Travel, different PM's, technology changes

a company for travelers

Current Employee - Strategy Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Strategy Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

lots of opportunities to work with different clients
    compensated fairly well
    strategy organization is growing

Cons

lots of traveling which will impact work-life balance
    choice in client and work is not really yours - lots of HR control over your next role

Good pay, long hours

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-career growth
    -pay
    -stepping stone
    -you get to work with smart people

Cons

-long hours
    -work life balance
    -you get sucked into one field

Encourage analyst level employees to only work 40 hour weeks.

Good opportunities, but you have to fight for them

Current Employee - Strategy Senior Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Strategy Senior Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- good brand and exit opportunities (especially for those who focus in high tech)
    - exposure to many different clients and industries (as long as you don't get stuck on a big client and are willing to fight to be staffed on the client of your choice)
    - lots of online and in-person training and certifications

Cons

- Constant org changes are confusing to existing employees, nevermind new hires
    - It is difficult to move between different clients and industries
    - Cannot expense a hotel room unless the client is >75 miles from your home office

- Allow analysts to more easily move between different clients and industries
    - Clarify the new org structure
    - end the practice of "red-zoning" analysts to clients with difficult to staff projects; focus on selling compelling work

Great People. It's up to you to get the most out of the experience.

Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Peers are smart with diverse background. If you voice your preference and liaison with the right people, you may get a project that excites you. You may need some patience sometimes.

Cons

It's such a huge consulting company that the nature of your projects varies widely. Some projects are fun, some are not. Same with your immediate manager and the project location.. The time of spending "on the bench" (not having a project) feels unproductive and a waste of youth. When I was assigned to projects, my hours have been reasonable.