Accenture

Accenture Reviews in Singapore

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion(in 482 reviews)

• Good work culture, Vast training programmes, inter -technology & domain shifting(in 451 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke(in 963 reviews)

• No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors(in 160 reviews)

113 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Enjoyed working there

Consultant (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsGreat projects people and opportunities

ConsNeed more strategy projects in multinationals

Solid learning platform

Prosgood place to work to get exposure and adds to the resume

Conslong working hours, need to look after ones' own career

Advice to Senior Managementfriendly, transparent

Time consuming yet stable

Systems Integration Consultant (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsOpportunities to work across different clients, good colleagues, learning, growth early in career if meeting good roles check

ConsTakes up lot if time, peak project schedules, senior stagnation growth levels, not a place to land and relax

Advice to Senior ManagementHave flexi time project options like google

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Learning Experience

Team Lead (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsCareer Growth, Opportunity and transparency.

ConsHectic and long working hours.

Can't believe I bought into the lie for 7 long years

SAP Consultant (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsMany project and learning opportunities which are great at the beginning of your career.
    Suck up to the right partner, be in the same project with the fat cats and you rise really quickly

ConsFull of young people who work long hard hours but with little experience nor quality
    Sheer numbers without considering quality of hiring, no proud branding any longer
    Promotion/progression based on WHO you know, rather than performance
    Glass ceiling due to organisation pyramid, everyone's stuck. So they sell lies and empty promises.
    People take on dual roles, "vertical"/"parallel" roles as an excuse to groom or see your potential, which are blatant all lies. It is to save cost...no, make more money for the fat cats in management.
    Many badly sold projects by senior management and many good men and women are sent on "suicide missions" to deliver rubbish timelines and scope.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do an audit & investigation on Singapore office on its hiring practices, performance banding process and project sales which do NOT meet "Accenture values" and ethical standards.

High performance delivering environment

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsOpportunities are at your own hands. Great place to learn. Extremely fast-pace. Very process driven organisation. Lots of talents and creative people.

ConsExtremely fast if you can keep pace. Highly "networked" company. Working environment can be very cold.
    Expected to pickup and learn very fast; basically jump and learn to swim (usually by yourself). Politically challenged place as everyone is trying to outshine another. (Team work can be superficial).

Good exposure, great colleagues, bad work life balance

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsGood exposure, great colleagues. I meet some of the smartest and most competent friends in the company. IT-savvy folks who can laugh and joke despite demanding timeline and stress. Colleagues who work hard, and play harder. Camaraderie is strong. For people who likes to challenge themselves, know their own potential, and is ready to take on larger role than what most company will offer them based on age, gender, years of experience, you should truly consider Accenture. Accenture has a culture of putting people in position base on capability and not the other social factors.

ConsAccenture pays average salary. Despite the seemingly high monthly remuneration, the package doesn't include 13 month bonus. In terms of performance bonus, very top performer gets less than 2 months. Also, given the demanding nature of work, be prepared to sacrifice personal time. I have experienced working 6 days a week for more than 7 months straight. And there are a few occasion I had to work 30 days a month. Be warned.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotion and recognition is required to retain your best people.

Great leaders

Management Consulting Manager (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsWorking with great leaders, visionaries, sales pitch, methologies

ConsLong hours, promotion cycle, politics

Advice to Senior ManagementPay rise!!

Great Company to work at

Systems Analyst II (Current Employee)

ProsA lot things to learn

ConsLife balancing, long working hours

Consultant

Consultant (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsPerks are ok. Salary is decent compared to others.
    Good career opportunities.
    Good processes.

ConsAwful work life balance.
    Be prepared to work late in night and on weekends.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!