Accenture Reviews in United States

8,538 Reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
3,407 Ratings

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 488 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 456 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 971 reviews)

• No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors (in 161 reviews)

More Highlights

2,718 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

One of the best company to work for!

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work life Balance, Work Atmosphere, Growth Opportunities.

Cons

Comparative pay, Changing policies stc..

Excellent

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Benefits, Work Life Balance

Cons

None at this time x.

Opportunity to grow capabilities

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Accenture full-time

Pros

Training, wide variation of opportunities, flexibility, guidance, experienced references

Cons

Work as long as necessary to ace the assignment and may client happy even if prevents personal obligations in some cases.

Be sure to reward the correct workers and not those that just make themselves look good.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good, I liked working here, but it always depends on which project or team you get in.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Good Salary.
    -Good HR policy.
    -Great Onshore opportunity.
    -Lots of possibility to learn and progress.

Cons

-Mostly TL and AM(Who are there for a long time) doesn't know stuff that the are working on, All the want is to allocate work, check status, do excel work.
    -Resources who are there in Accenture right from the beginning of there career, are not technically sound.
    -Since many TL and AM are not technically good, it decrease the possibility for you to learn, since your lead doesn't know much.

-Change the promotion policy, make it more merit oriented, and transparent.
    -Age old managers, TL and AMs should change themselves, and become more technical.

Accenture has been very good to me.

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people, and the interesting work. Six weeks of PTO a year, work life balance, people care about each other. I do work in the outsourcing part of Accenture. Competitive salaries.

Cons

Training is hard to come by. The project you work on is largely related to your happiness at the time -- the consulting part of the organization can be cutthroat.

Great launching pad for a career, frustratingly siloed, medium compensation, great vacation and benefits.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Accenture looks good on a resume.
    - Accenture is filled with great people developers. When you are ready for more responsibility, you will get it.
    - You will learn a lot of relevant IT, consulting, managerial, and technical skills.
    - While there are very smart people at Accenture, it's not as competitive as Google, Bain, McKinsey, etc. This makes it much easier to differentiate yourself in performance reviews.
    - Benefits are very good. 25 days vacation for starters, 27 when you hit manager, plus 10 paid vacations.
    - 401k match is 50% of 6% (why don't they just say 3%?) that begins a year after you start.
    - I have been able to control my work/life balance. This is not always the case for everyone, but it can be done.
    - My manager cares about me as a person. I am frequently contacted by people I have worked with in the past to join their next project. At the individual level, you make strong friendships and people do care about you.

Cons

- There is very little energy or passion in Accenture.
    - Senior leadership has completely lost track with people on the ground floor. They use too many hollow buzzwords and acronyms.
    - Management does not take into account the preferences of Analysts and Consultants. At those levels they are primarily concerned about getting a warm body in a role. It is frustrating to see entry-level employees assigned randomly to a group (which is often a poor fit for them) and unable to escape. I have been pulled into a number of those situations to help my mentees and have been disheartened at the approach taken by HR and management.
    - Until you make Manager, your compensation will be at the low end of competitive. After Manager, compensation picks up but is still not amazing.
    - Internal training is awful. The online courses are laughably bad. The in-person courses are hit or miss. Some are excellent, some are horrible.
    - Accenture is a public company. They sometimes act in short-sighted ways (like canceling training for everyone to lower costs to report a better outcome to Wall Street). You don't see all of the lavishness you see at Deloitte or other private companies.
    - Accenture tries to cut costs wherever they can. Laptops aren't great, work supplies are poor quality (most people buy their own).

Use fewer buzzwords. Talk to Analysts every once in a while. Find out what's destroying the energy and passion in the company and fix the problem.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Managing Director
    Former Employee - Managing Director

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

For the most part, people are valued and have the ability to speak up in the organization. Great collegial and teamwork culture.

Cons

Accenture is continuously evolving its model and in some groups things can tend to take on a more "industry" type look where it's not so much up or out. In those areas people can be complacent and lose their edge.

Keep enforcing the feedback mechanisms that made the company great.

Great people to work with...challenging work life balance

Former Employee - Managing Director  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

People. People. People.
    Varying opportunities.
    Ability to move up fast.
    Get to think - challenging business/IT problems to be solved with/for clients.

Cons

Travel. Travel. Travel.
    Continuing focus on margins putting too much work on the client/project executives.
    Pay is competitive vs. a premium for the long hours, travel.

The consulting lifestyle needs a premium to offset the cons...just being 'at market' allows for top people to continue to leave.

Accenture is very production based but treats their employees very well.

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time for less than a year

Pros

Accenture offers a wide variety of options for all their employees to grow and expand their knowledge. They focus on their employee's needs and make sure everyone has the right equipment for the position they are doing.

Cons

Hiring process took months, they go through a company called Hireright which is a complete joke and very rude when asking for additional information.

Great work environment!

Current Employee - Systems Integration Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Integration Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, company values are remarkable.

Cons

Lot of competition for promotion.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!