Accenture

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

142 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Challenging

Level D (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsIt is a big company with a lot of opportunities , diverse culture, employee resource groups, smart and motivated personnel

ConsThe size, organization structure and construct of the company makes it difficult to understand and navigate

Demanding work environment, great people to work with

Systems Integration Consultant (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture full-time for less than a year

Prosteam-oriented, friendly environment, challenging roles, lots of opportunity to change roles

Constedious at times, sometimes working long hours frequently, always be very flexible regarding schedules

Advice to Senior Managementstay organized and create structured work plans that identify short/long-term goals/deadlines

Fast paced, great people and a variety of client experiences

Training Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIntelligent people, good benefits (vacation time)

ConsLong hours, salaries could be better, limited work/life balance, competitive, typically have to 'figure out' how to do a task on your own.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage more with your people below the top Sr Managers/Manager team. Also, understand that there are employees who are not part of the Consulting Workforce (Enterprise, Solutions, Services) and they bring value and variety to Client services as well.

CyberSecurity Consultant

Cloud Security Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsThe best company I have worked for so far. Events, networking, training, happy hours, meeting new young professionals, connections, learn how to grow your own career and choose the path you want within reason.

ConsHard to move up in the Federal market, in order to get in the top 5% you will have to work day in and day out without a balance in your life. Also very hard to move from Federal to Commercial sectors.

Good for recent grads - not so good for anyone over 24

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

Prosfree happy hours, comfortable chairs, smart people

Consladdering instead of meritocracy. if you aren't in the clique you are out of luck. all talk no action - no actual training provided, it is more like sink or swim. bait and switch recruitment where they tell you one thing and give you something completely different. pay scale not up to par with regions in which people are working. excessive travel instead of remote working.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the truth to your potential employees so they don't end up bitter. The good ol' boy network is out of date. Try something new like actually promoting on merit instead of which career counselor is the best salesman and friends with more people.

Pleasant experience with many opportunities

Systems Integration Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsYou get a lot of exposure to a lot of different projects early on in your career. Some projects are more appealing than others, but you're able to realize what you do and don't like. If you worked at a small firm, you would likely be doing one project for several years, which eventually pigeon holes you.

ConsSalary is a bit low when considering experience and a graduate degree.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you work overtime, allow your employees to use there flex time in another pay period than the current one. If you're spending a lot of time in the office for deadlines, there's a great chance you'll never be able to get those hours back.

Great people. Intense culture.

Consulting Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPeople
Performance management process
Variety of work

ConsWork / life balance
Occasional over zealous partner with unrealistic expectations

Solutions Workforce, 2nd class citizens. Don't bother

Senior Programmer (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsI think I lucked out because the project I was on was excellent. Your mileage may vary but this is my experience on the project.

Worked with excellent people. My team was a mix of solutions, consulting, and services people. All of them were extremely helpful, reliable, and most importantly smart. I was even able to sit down with my senior managers to discuss technical issues. At least on my project, I was seen as an equal to consulting and services guys. If there's one thing I missed about working at Accenture, its the people.

Management really cares about your career and tries to help. They tried to help me grow by giving me more senior level responsibilities, and let me try out fields that I was interested in.

Corporate events were fun. There's usually a few large company parties every year. You can even take time off your project to volunteer around the area.

Work life balance is excellent. I was able to take a really hard college course online while leading an implementation project.

I actually learned a lot of information technology skills. I'm no longer employed in that industry but I still find myself using those skills at my new job.

ConsI may have written a lot of positives but I wouldn't recommend joining Accenture under the solutions workforce at all.

You do the same work as consultants but the pay is well below average. I went back to school and I'm currently interning at a different company. My intern salary is is $8000+ more than my final Accenture salary and $18000+ my starting salary. That's not even counting the $5000 relocation bonus I got. What a joke!

The rating process is all about politics. Despite leading and developing a large implementation project as a senior programmer (2nd level of solutions), I only received a rating of "Average."

Advancement in your career is very slow. Most people will get stuck as an SSA (Senior Systems Analyst), which is one level away from Manager.

HR and many other consultants will look down on you. Lucky that never happened to me on my project but when I met other analyst, I definitely got that vibe. I remember on the first day a consulting manager asked everyone who was part of the solutions workforce. When we raised our hands he just shook his head, like we didn't know what we got ourselves into.

New consulting hires get to go to Accenture Core Analyst School, which is basically a several week non stop party disguised as "training". New solutions hires go a classroom for formal technical training in either programming or testing. the first week of training is just sitting in a room doing online training! If you fail the class you get fired. Training outside project sponsored classroom stuff is non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of solutions entirely, or at least have some kind of equality between the solutions and consulting work force.

Ratings and Salaries are baised

TEAM LEAD (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 8 years

ProsListening to employee concern and trying to help him.

ConsDirect supervisor plays major in employee carrier, if he is not good then carrier will be ruined.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should not depends only on immediate supervisor feedback, they need to talk with concern employee and their peers. They need to make sure everyone is treated fairly.

Not the right place for a career in management consulting

Management Consulting Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- Majority of "management consulting" work is training, communications, change management, program management; great if that is your intended area of focus or specialization

- Strong process-centric view of business operations; over-abundance of methodologies and frameworks

- Longer foot-hold in the industry than new entrants such as PWC, E&Y

ConsMany reasons cited below, the net-net of it all is that this is an okay place to start fresh out of college, but a very poor place to build a career in management consulting.

- More senior ranks of Accenture (Manager, Senior Manager, MD) lack the expertise and up-bringing in traditional management consulting; come from technology backgrounds. As a result, majority of project and Accenture management does not know how to manage, scope, or run consulting engagements, relatively low consulting IQ

- Project pipeline is very unexciting, work is often un-engaging, really have to fight to get on interesting projects and pray to god it is in a part of the firm you are aligned to

- Compensation is unfair, high degree of pay inequality even between high-performers and new-joiners who have an MBA (translation: you only get paid well if you have an MBA)

- Firm does not sponsor collaboration across practice areas. Seniors leaders at the firm explicitly block sharing of training, methodologies, and assets with other practice areas

- Work life balance is awful not because of the workload, but because engagement leaders often do a poor job of structure analysis approach and deliverables timeline (translation: not working smarter, just harder)

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise the bar of your management consulting practice; the talent, work, and pay are all sub-standard and not competitive with your peers.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture reviews and ratings in Washington, DC — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme. All 142 reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees.