Accenture

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

266 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent first job

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsGreat training, great job out of college.

ConsFederal side not to my liking.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more seriously to people's preference about being client facing.

Learned so many skills, but the political game can be tough to play.

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsYou learn very valuable, easily transferable skills. If you get on the right team, you'll never want to leave. Smart people.

ConsThe ratings process is the best they can do, but it can be very unfair. Comparing technical resources to management consultants isn't the right way to do it.

A very strong company that values it's role in supporting the Client with the best people available- Strong teamwork

Manager (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsPeople and teamwork. Many different roles to be found for interns, experienced hires and Military cross training.

ConsNot many - Found it a little hard to understand and fit in at first coming from the Military world but after about 18 months I figured it out. Strong performers can find themselves rewarded and promoted above the normal speed up till the middle level. Once you break into the junior management level the competition is fierce.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that Consistent with your peers rating of 40 percent should still get a little more of the annual base pay increase as they are really the backbone of any great project. And this is coming from someone that rated an above 50 percent of my eight year career. I hated seeing the CW ratings get a smaller annual bump when they were all great.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love the company!!

Manager (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsI had a very positive experience at Accenture. I loved the people, work, and the office environment. I found the innovative nature of the company to be motivating, most of my projects had some exciting technology compoents, and Accenture provided me with an excellent professional development experience.

ConsThe work-life balance can be hard to balance on some projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage a better work-life balance for your team.

Great for your resume, but don't expect your ideal role

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsGood pay and great chance of getting hired for the US federal subsidiary. This company looks great on a resume, and the benefits (e.g. health, vision, dental, profit-sharing, etc.) are comprehensive. Opportunities to receive recognition for hard work, particularly for young/new employees.

ConsCareer counselors are hit or miss, and the work-life balance is terrible for any non-executive or anyone without kids. Job security is nice, but that comes with roles you probably didn't want / have no interest in: consultants doing development, developers doing testing, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you hired someone for development, give them a development role. Likewise for testers, consultants, etc.

It's about the people

Software Engineer & Associate Manager (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsWorking at Accenture has been great for me. The consulting world is filled with many craziness but I love the fact that Accenture fosters a good work/life balance. There is so much you can do within the organization. I joined as an experienced hire and even then, I've been able to add to my professional credentials through provided training and mentoring. The people I work with care about the people they work with including me.

ConsThe annual review process can be daunting and nerve wrecking but it wouldn't matter if you are passionate about what you do and focus on growth rather than compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop better process for new hires to get acclimated with the Accenture way of doing things. The is value in the way Accenture does it but it's not easy to adapt without some serious work.

Accenture BI Manager

BI Manager (Former Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsGood place to work for anyone.

ConsNot so much of diversity. I wish they had more.

Good place to start

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

Prosgreat people. good pay. pretty good work life balance

Consprojects are very hit or miss. Accenture Federal Services is incredibly bureaucratic and the projects are very long term and boring. Definitely apply to Accenture LLP and not AFS if you are interested in a more fast pace and engaging work environment

The best organization to work for

Solutions Architect (Current Employee)

ProsTraining Opportunities
    Career Mobility
    Encouraging leadership
    Available senior technical career path
    A Network to find projects when one ended

ConsFinancial growth beyond initial salary is more role change driven.
    Each project change is like finding a new job, sometimes challenging

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to somehow change the mindset that everyone in the organization is competing with themselves. Once once gets high enough that attitude relaxes. I found that if I wasn't angling for my next role upgrade, i was able to do my work well.
    The senior leadership do a great job in keeping everyone target oriented. It would be great if it percolated into the operational leadership at project level early in their careerr.

Good place to start

Systems Integration Consultant (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsGreat if you get on the right project and have a good boss

ConsSome people aren't so lucky

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 289,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture reviews and ratings in Washington, DC — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme. All 266 reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees.