Accenture Reviews

Reset
3.6
Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme

Pros
  • The consulting world is filled with many craziness but I love the fact that Accenture fosters a good work/life balance (in 609 reviews)

• Good work culture in organisation (in 543 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely zero work-life balance (in 1194 reviews)

• No work life balance for technical developers (in 192 reviews)

1. Accenture Review

Current Employee - IT Project in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - IT Project in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture (More than 8 years)

Pros

-High working standards that keep you challenged/learning -Good training opportunities -good benefits -working with diverse people

Cons

-Compensation -Work/life balance -it can get competitive and political -performance review process may not provide the most accurate picture for an employee at times

2. Good company, but choose your project well

Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your experience at Accenture has much more to do with the projects you're on than with Accenture's overall corporate identity. Although it's generally an IT consulting firm, it has a very wide range of projects. In DC there are numerous long-term government projects if you prefer staying local to being on the road all week and changing projects every three months. Some of these projects stop feeling like projects, though, and begin to feel like you're doing ongoing operations, so be careful if that's not what appeals to you. I had consistently good project managers and Accenture offers quite a few training opportunities both in house at their facility and for industry certifications. Pay and benefits were both good.

Cons

On the other hand, Senior Managers were hit or miss. Some were excellent and others were pretty bad. Consulting is a notoriously high turnover industry and Accenture is higher than most (25% per year). General wisdom is that Accenture pays less than other consulting firms, but I thought I was compensated pretty well.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on Senior Managers because clients do notice if they're not up to par. Incorporate BD as consultants and PMs more so as people work their way up they make a more effective transition.

3. Technology Consulting Analyst

Current Employee - Technology Consulting Senior Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technology Consulting Senior Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture (More than a year)

Pros

The people and management are fantastic, great benefits too. It will open a lot of doors in the future.

Cons

The rating system is kind of flawed but supposedly they are fixing it.

Advice to Management

Give feedback more often.

5. Great place, demanding work & clients!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Overall the company is great and doing great things in the market. Great benefits and good pay.

Cons

Demanding work and client work is not for everyone at all times

6. Great company to start your career with

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Young workforce, competitive salary, cutting edge technology

Cons

Inexperienced workforce, flat raise/bonus structure

7. IT Strategy Consultant

Current Employee - IT Strategy Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - IT Strategy Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great company. travel. pay. TONS OF PTO. smart people. corporate perks (HH, dinners, events, per diem, etc.). 2 years in, 24 years old, strongly recommend (this must be 20 words by now right...)

Cons

long hours at times, but with pay hourly is still pretty good if you think about it holistically. travel can get tedious at times, but again, you're compensated and rack up points to use with all that PTO

Advice to Management

Pay me more money. I probably won't work any harder, but i'll sure be happy to get the raise. Sell more work in places like Hawaii, LA, Cancun, etc. so I can take on projects there

8. Great place to start a career

Current Employee - Specialist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Accenture Federal Services for just over four years. The size and pace of government work have made it an ideal place to begin my career. It's been a great environment for trying/learning new skills, gradually taking on more responsibility, etc. Compensation is just average--if you're not in the consulting workforce, you'll get frustrated by it. Vacation was 25 days a year when I started--can't complain about that one.

Cons

AFS projects are large and slow moving. Depending on your energy level and ambition, this gets old at some point. It's near impossible to move from AFS to LLP, and still not simple to move within AFS. The first couple promotions come quickly/easily for anyone who is motivated. Beyond that, things can be political, or just kind of random (i.e. having to wait for someone more senior to leave).

Advice to Management

Fix the workforce model so that more people within AFS have the same opportunities and are competing on a more level playing field. Make movement within AFS simpler. Make sure teams members of large projects actually feel like they work for Accenture, and not their specific project.

9. Variety

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Accenture (More than 8 years)

Pros

Variety of engagements and great training

Cons

Lots of travel, stay on your toes

10. Consultant

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hard working top notched professionals in a fast evolving work environment. Projects vary in duration and size. Work with state of the art processes and technology.

Cons

Lots of Travel. Because it is a large global company its difficult to get promoted.

11. Consultant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

varied work environment, ability to travel to exciting places, ability to pick up new skills, gain experience in multiple industries

Cons

travel can get to be too much, getting out of a bad project can be almost impossible, work life balance can be almost non existent

Advice to Management

fitting resources to better fit thier roles. allowing for better management of projects and being more mindful of risks.

Showing 228 of 12,704 reviews