Accenture

Accenture Reviews in Washington, DC

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion(in 482 reviews)

• Good work culture, Vast training programmes, inter -technology & domain shifting(in 451 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke(in 963 reviews)

• No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors(in 160 reviews)

152 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent first job

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat training, great job out of college.

ConsFederal side not to my liking.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more seriously to people's preference about being client facing.

Learned so many skills, but the political game can be tough to play.

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsYou learn very valuable, easily transferable skills. If you get on the right team, you'll never want to leave. Smart people.

ConsThe ratings process is the best they can do, but it can be very unfair. Comparing technical resources to management consultants isn't the right way to do it.

Relationship-based organizational structure

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsHigh quality people, culture and values built on strong internal relationships and community. Accenture employees starting at the analytst and consultant levels have unparalleled professional tenure

ConsOne of the highest attrition for more senior staff, it is difficult for experienced hires to assimilate into highly relationship-based organizational structure.We senior leadership providing organizational direction and growth-strategy;

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement is pigeonholed at the account level, inventive structures are not implemented, nor are investment budgets, and leadership does not provide the necessary infrastructure for future leaders to thrive.Model the way, Enable others to act, work smarter to increase organizational success opposed to fragmented account team success strategies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good people, good process, disconnected leadership!

Management Consulting Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsPlenty of opportunities to grow if you are willing to work hard; I got 2 promotions within a short time.

ConsLeadership is disconnected with what's going on below senior manager. Retention issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind the truth out yourself; not just what people say. Organizational health is very important.

Love the company!!

Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsI had a very positive experience at Accenture. I loved the people, work, and the office environment. I found the innovative nature of the company to be motivating, most of my projects had some exciting technology compoents, and Accenture provided me with an excellent professional development experience.

ConsThe work-life balance can be hard to balance on some projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage a better work-life balance for your team.

Good place to start

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Prosgreat people. good pay. pretty good work life balance

Consprojects are very hit or miss. Accenture Federal Services is incredibly bureaucratic and the projects are very long term and boring. Definitely apply to Accenture LLP and not AFS if you are interested in a more fast pace and engaging work environment

Great for your resume, but don't expect your ideal role

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGood pay and great chance of getting hired for the US federal subsidiary. This company looks great on a resume, and the benefits (e.g. health, vision, dental, profit-sharing, etc.) are comprehensive. Opportunities to receive recognition for hard work, particularly for young/new employees.

ConsCareer counselors are hit or miss, and the work-life balance is terrible for any non-executive or anyone without kids. Job security is nice, but that comes with roles you probably didn't want / have no interest in: consultants doing development, developers doing testing, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you hired someone for development, give them a development role. Likewise for testers, consultants, etc.

Good place to start

Systems Integration Consultant (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat if you get on the right project and have a good boss

ConsSome people aren't so lucky

The best organization to work for

Solutions Architect (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsTraining Opportunities
    Career Mobility
    Encouraging leadership
    Available senior technical career path
    A Network to find projects when one ended

ConsFinancial growth beyond initial salary is more role change driven.
    Each project change is like finding a new job, sometimes challenging

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to somehow change the mindset that everyone in the organization is competing with themselves. Once once gets high enough that attitude relaxes. I found that if I wasn't angling for my next role upgrade, i was able to do my work well.
    The senior leadership do a great job in keeping everyone target oriented. It would be great if it percolated into the operational leadership at project level early in their careerr.

Great place for recent grads to build skills

Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThe company's strength lies in their ability to take smart kids fresh out of college and teach them how to be consultants. Generous pto.

ConsHighly political environment where talk and outside experience are valued more than good work and loyalty. Experienced hires are starting to dominate the culture and receive privileged treatment, despite typically not being of the same caliber of the college hires.
    Respect for work-life balance only applies to people with kids.

Advice to Senior ManagementReturn to your roots. Focus on developing and keeping the top-notch talent that you recruit from college campuses.
    The laddering practice rewards back-stabbing and other anti-social behaviour. It's bad for the culture.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!