Acceptance Insurance

Updated April 2, 2015
21 reviews filtered by
2.0
Joe Borbely

1. Worked there for 10 years, and had a great time.

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance

Pros

Good inviorment to work in.

Cons

Raises not given out often.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth.

2. Overworked and underpaid

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you are willing to work 60 hours a week for well under industry standard pay for 40 hour week, it is a great place to work.

Cons

According to Glassdoor, the salaries at Acceptance Insurance is 28% below national average. Career Bliss shows salaries are 68% lower than average. Payscale shows that average claims adjuster salary is $48,000 compared to $37,000 at Acceptance. Industry average for pending claims is between 80-150. It is not at all uncommon for an adjuster at Acceptance to have 200-250 pending claims. Management expects you to work overtime and weekends to manage excessive workload, but adjusters are salaried, so no overtime or even comp time.

Advice to Management

If you are willing to pay the money for advertising and sales, hire enough adjusters to handle the increased number of incoming claims. So called "moral boosting" events like allowing employees to wear jeans on Thursday and Friday does not make up for poor planning, low wages and unreasonable workload.

3. Is there a rating worse than one star?

Current Employee - Enough to See Behind the Scenes in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Enough to See Behind the Scenes in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It might keep you from living in your car or a shelter...but it pretty much sucks other than that

Cons

dishonest leadership, people getting fired from month to month (never the same person for very long), multiple people suing company for illegal actions, management thinks employees are too stupid to know when their bonus has been stolen from them (yes, we can add).
    So corrupt and slimy, you feel like you wanna take a shower after interacting with anyone above an hourly position.

Advice to Management

Don't know that there is much to say...either you are honest and ethical or you are not. Clearly, from the president and new ceo all the way to the lowest supervisor...management has chosen to not be honest or ethical. It boggles the mind how some of these things haven't landed this company in federal court yet. They just recently got tagged in a Department of Labor investigation...and the EEOC has found cause for some of the people pressing lawsuits...so many foul smelling issues it reeks.

5. I really did love working for this company . I was by far the best job I have ever had.

I worked at Acceptance Insurance

Pros

I loved the environment and the customers

Cons

The only issue I had was trouble passing the exam due to personal issues at home.

Advice to Management

Just hire me back please ;)

There's a reason they are hiring.

Current Employee - Claims Department in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Claims Department in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Other than receiving a paycheck (typically below industry standards) there is nothing good to say.
    Corporate office (Nashville) treats every other claims office as if they are staffed by idiots. Might need to look in the mirror Nashville.

Cons

After losing quality employees since 2007, management decides the best way to reduce turnover is to require new recruits to sign a no compete agreement. Work place is beyond hostile. While front line adjusters can't get even get a cost of living raise, CEO, VP's etc line their pockets with 6 digit bonuses. There's no training for new employees. Offices are under-staffed so claims inventories are at unmanageable levels. Middle management is completely ineffective and ignored by upper management.

Advice to Management

Leave.

UNPROFESSIONAL

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance

Pros

The only pro I can think of was getting paid.

Cons

Working for FAC was the worst experience of my career. Upper management's treatment of its employees was demoralizing. Marketing strategies from the 80's, such as tear sheets, and placing fliers on car windshields, while selling an above average market price product, and still blaming the in-store employee for low sales, is not good business, but it is easier than trying to figure out what is really wrong and fixing it.

Advice to Management

Upper management does not give any credence to any ideas they have not come up with themselves. No need for me to advise them from here.

8. Salaries and Benefit must improve and quickly.

Former Employee - Adjuster in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Adjuster in Lombard, IL

I worked at Acceptance Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I dont see one !

Cons

The Lombard Office has been without a review or increase of salaries for the past 3 years some employees even more. Salaries are completly unequal !! Company needs to focus on
    a campain to re-adjust and equal all job posiitons. Health Care is poor very poor.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring so many VP and start taking care of your bottom employees

The company has been around a long time, but has had it's ups and downs over the years.

Former Employee - Insurance Agent
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent

I worked at Acceptance Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You are not always sitting at your desk, due to the ability to leave the office and market. You are your own manager with the help of a district manager when needed. You get to meet diverse people and handle diverse situations as well.

Cons

Marketing is okay, but being out off the office too much leaves less chances for the agent to meet and see who their new customers are and less chances of getting to talk to them and getting to know them. Some long-time customers may hardly see the agent in the office and think the agent is no longer employed there. Also, mostly all company organizations assign sales territories for each sales person that is out in the sales field; and Acceptance Insurance does not do this so agents end up competing with each other for sales referrals.

Get paid more to deal with more BS!

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay. Florida Agent pay is great. Region 2 manager is great, he's helpful and seems genuinely concerned most of the time.

Cons

CSR pay is terrible, CSRs never get raises and they do most of the physical work as they are the ones left in the office on a daily basis to do EVERYTHING while the agent is out marketing and bringing in the business.
    Hours- when hired they tell you you'll only work 1-2 Saturdays a month, now it's required that everyone is there EVERY Saturday. There are months of blackout periods in which you are not allowed to request or take PTO. I see my family about an hour each day M-Sa.
    Clients- A lot of clients are rude, unappreciative, and MEAN.
    Product- the company boasts a great product but their rates are the highest in the state, the coverage that they push their agents/CSRs to sell is below state minimum requirements. Even if we try to push better or higher limits, our rates are not competitive.
    Management- for the most part the company is very disorganized and one manager will tell you one thing and the next will tell you something else. You never really know what's going on.
    Co-workers- many of the agents/CSRs and even some of the DMs are uneducated and unprofessional. The emails that they send out corporate wide are at a 6th grade writing/grammar/content level.
    Tax preparation- while it was a solid shot in the dark to incorporate tax preparation into our job duties, it's a halfway attempt. The agents/CSRs are unprepared, nervous and already bogged down with a bigger work load during the tax season.
    Software- I'm not sure what the excuse is for the software used at this company but it's absurd! We're still using an old DOS program called AS400! I'm assuming it's cheaper to keep this program and not upgrade but it makes our daily duties harder, more time consuming, billing and endorsements are CONSTANTLY incorrect and we're limited to what we can do to a policy compared to more standard insurance policy management systems.
    Advertisement- I'm all for agents marketing using B2B and face to face concepts but it's almost 2014 and they are just now getting TV commercials in Florida. Stop wasting time on 'stickies' that do NOT stick and instead litter parking lots and anger people whose cars we're touching without their consent and in parking lots we're constantly ran out of!!
    Benefits- we recently completed benefit reelections and OMG... they told us how excited we should be about the changes to come etc etc... Guess what?! Our health insurance benefits have decreased and our premiums have DOUBLED!!!! I had to go from an 80/20 plan to a 70/30 plan just to be able to take home a paycheck and I'm still paying $30ish more per pay period!

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging and start listening to your agents and CSRs! Training needs to be more consistent and thorough. Florida is your biggest money maker, please make it easier for agents/CSRs to sell a decent product and not bullied into selling PIP/PD policies with add-ons just so we can make goal. Please consider a software upgrade for the policy management system! Company moral is low, low, LOW, we feel overworked and tricked into working so much while corporate taunts the 'be at work and reap the benefits' phrase. I'm sorry, family is more important and we should be allowed at LEAST rotating Saturdays, please!

11. Management has no concern for the employees

I worked at Acceptance Insurance full-time

Pros

There are some good dedicated long term employees there.

Cons

Poor Management, they don't communicate or have any concern for their employees.