Acceptance Insurance Reviews

1. Featured Review

Agent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Acceptance Insurance has great culture and value. The company plans to grow and become one of the top insurance companies.

Cons

I don't see any con's with Acceptance Insurance. If I had to say one, It would be that Acceptance Insurance is not offered in enough states.

Advice to Management

My advice to managment is to place the offices in good locations. Keep the office up to date with equipment and maintenance.

Acceptance Insurance Response

Jul 14, 2015

Thank you for your comments. As you probably know, we work hard to maintain a clean look and tidy appearance in our locations. As an agent for Acceptance, undoubtedly you contribute to that effort ... More

2. MANAGING AGENT

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Acceptance Insurance (Less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers were great. Kinda like when folks are in the service together, sharing an unpleasant situation.

Cons

Every day I worked there was soul killing for me. This company is a joke, and will continue to be one unless they clean out the executive and middle managing levels. Sleazy! They expect so much for so little!!!! Product is not competetive. I still cannot or will not drive on the same side of the street as this "company".

Advice to Management

None- they do not listen or learn. They have no real interest in making this a first world company.

Insurance Agent

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay for the workload, pays for licensing, no overhead or out of pocket expenses like most other agencies. Can't say enough good things about my district manager. He's always there when we need him and has a positive management style. I also have met wonderful co-workers throughout our area. PTO is lucrative, with decent benefits and room for advancement. Fairly easy job that allows you to help customers that most standard companies look down their noses at. Company went through a transition a couple of years go and has continued to make improvements since. I feel like we are headed in the right direction and am excited to see where we end up.

Cons

Does not pay mileage for marketing, poor response from claims, and mystery shops

Advice to Management

Revamp claims department instead of talking about how bad claims is. We constantly lose good customers once they have had an accident because it takes 2 months to pay out on their claim, which negatively affects my commission and growth. Stop with the mystery shops. Most people know they are being shopped and drop the ball because they know they are being recorded. It is not effective. Allow each district to hire a traveling CSR to fill in for offices in single coverage or for when emergencies arise. Employees often have to come in sick because districts have offices that are short staffed or single covered with no one from another store available to cover. It is a constant problem with an easy solution.

5. Better if you just need a temporary job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance (Less than a year)

Pros

Money is okay there really isn't anything else that is good about working here. I don't enjoy coming to work.

Cons

Hours are horrible you have to work every sat and if you need a day off you have to use your paid time off otherwise you can't take off. Management isn't that great either. There expectations are ridiculous.

Advice to Management

At least work till 1 on sat and weekly pay checks

6. Terrible Company

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Chicago, IL

I worked at Acceptance Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company pays for your insurance license

Cons

Management is very unprofessional, marketing practices are terrible, they overcharge customers for the worst insurance, they DO NOT pay out any claims, they do not value their employees, no work/home balance. I was told that I would work every other Saturday and that was a lie. Commission was a joke. You will never get an hourly raise.

Advice to Management

Stop being greedy and pay your employees! Get more professional individuals to manage your regions and districts.

7. Do not work here

I worked at Acceptance Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met great people and was able to obtain my license

Cons

Small town and no place for advancement.

Very Jankie!

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance (Less than a year)

Pros

Had my own desk, decent pay, paid for my license.

Cons

No commission for CSR'S, marketing alone in dangerous neighborhoods, horrible management, no security, bill collecting & sales crazy!

Advice to Management

Close down this company! You will never get ahead charging customers an arm and a leg for the worst insurance possible! And up your security & pay all licensed agents commission

9. Former employee

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Nashville, TN

I worked at Acceptance Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay for your licensing and give you plenty time to study . Requesting off is very fair.

Cons

There goal is to fire people and bring in new people stavely they seem to care more about numbers then value there employees cameron , some management there is unethical and unprofessional when really they are full of gossip and worried about the wrong thing instead of taking care of the customer , managers and leads are suppose to not take things personally and keep it professional but they absolutely dont

Advice to Management

If management did not allow cameron and stavely to keep firing people and making there decisions plenty of people would stay at this job

Ex csr for a reason

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

Pros

Pays for license, testing and training

Cons

The company culture is a joke, the management is not knowledgably but walks around like they run the insurance business, the ceo is out of touch, etc. This company is so out of touch with how to properly market and sale insurance that after awhile I could no longer take them seriously as a place of business. They use marketing (which waster money) that are straight out of the 1800s with their "sticky flyers" and "tear sheets" they want you plastering cars and windows with. Not to mention they could care less about their employee work/life balance which is relevant when you look at how often the agents are asked to work overtime but fail to pay ( which they have already been sued for and still refuse to change that practice). They could also care less about their csr which do most of the work and are asked to peddle sales they make no commission off of. They products the sale are outdated and do not fit the demographic of a non-standard insurance company. For example asking employees to sale motorcycle insurance when most of the customers cant even make their car payments, and refusing to provide a solid renters insurance which most customers are in need of and are constantly asking about.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people that do the actual day in and day out work for you. Take the comments, concerns and questions seriously and stop acting like you have everything figured out. Also stop blaming your employees for lack of sales and growth reevaluate your entire marketing team and pay attention to your customer actual needs and wants. Stop asking us to practice as though we are a high end insurance company when you cant even provide professional looking envelopes for your customers to put their insurance information in.

11. Worked for this company for 12 years, an was terminated after having major surgery

Former Employee - Client Services in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Client Services in Nashville, TN

I worked at Acceptance Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Co workers, an that is about the only pro. Raises maybe once every 5 years. No respect for personal lives.

Cons

Your treated like a number, not a person. Upper management needs management. The current management has no clue how to run an Insurance business

Advice to Management

Know your laws

RSS Feed </> Embed