Accertify

2.3

Lorenzo Soriano
1 Rating

Fraud Analyst

I worked at Accertify (less than an year)

Pros

Gaining experience in the financial fraud industry. The majority of supervisors are easy to get along with and understanding.

Cons

Individuals that have been at the company for a long time are not really understanding when asked questions by new employees. No real mobility within the actual company - people have been there for multiple years and have just been recently promoted, even though the company has grown exponentially over the years.

Pay your employees a little bit better to keep and retain the best talent in the industry.

Not a good company to work for

I worked at Accertify full-time

Pros

There were team building events and parties for different occasions which helped with the morale in the office. Benefits were ok. Upper management was decent.

Cons

Vacation time was not allowed during the busy times of the year. Overtime was basically required. Management was poor. Advancement was based on nepotism.

A seemingly good company to work for, but a nightmare overall.

Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Itasca, IL
    Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Itasca, IL

I worked at Accertify full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work itself was really interesting and allowed you to work independently and creatively to figure out fraudulent transactions. For being entry-level, the pay was also slightly higher than other jobs I had applied for and turned down.

Cons

- They take their time getting you started. The time between their first call to me and my start date was literally a month and a half.
    - They wait until the end of your training to tell you that you WILL work late nights, weekends, and holidays, not a normal schedule at all. This place is open 24/7, and they do not tell you this during your interview.
    - A girl I was training with had moved from a different state to be a bilingual analyst, and they didn't tell her until the 3rd/4th training day that she was going to have a completely different job. And they unprofessionally disclosed this to her in front of about 10-15 other employees.
    - The head of the department gossiped about employees as soon as they left the room, and this happened as soon as my first day. She also called me out for being quiet while I was eating my lunch.
    - The office culture is extremely uncomfortable. Like, they try to do different things to boost office morale, but it felt like I was in a kindergarten class with twenty and thirty somethings. I really can't put into words how weird it was.
    - The biggest office morale booster involved people writing thank you notes to each other and pinning them on a bulletin board. The notes are put in a basket, and the first person whose note is drawn gets...drumroll please...lunch with the manager. Then, all the other notes are read out loud. Really awkward, and quite a conceited "prize".
    - The company itself is only 7 years old, but all of the founders have already left the company to pursue a different job opportunity. Kind of fishy to me.
    - During training, they do a great job at making you feel like an idiot. My position was clearly for entry-level people with zero fraud experience, but they test you heavily during your first week about things that only a person who has studied fraud could know.

Be honest with applicants up front. You mostly hire younger people with little to no experience who see this company as a great opportunity to get their foot in the door - which it is. However, that doesn't make it excusable to change their positions last minute, hide from them the types of shifts they'd work, or even hand them all of the cruddy shifts because they're "new". It's a shame because the company is growing and the work itself is fun and interesting. Everything else drags a perfectly good position down to a level of intolerable qualities.

Still stuck in startup mentality

I have been working at Accertify

Pros

Good benefits in general, good pay.

Cons

Interesting work is reserved for a privileged few. Has a terminal case of "not invented here" syndrome. No formal software development process to speak of.

Introduce more rigorous development process with emphasis on quality