Accertify Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Lorenzo Soriano

1. Fraud Analyst

I have been working at Accertify full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Dept has tripled in size since I have been there and still repaidly growing.There is tons room for growth.
    - Great pay, holiday pay is even better
    - Company caters lunch in all the time and sometimes even takes you out for lunch
    - Shifts are typically 10hrs
    - Company plans various team building events such as laser tag and bowling
    - OT is always avaiable

Cons

There is mandatory OT during some months but the extra money on your check is always nice.

2. Review transactions and stop fraud transactions.

Current Employee - Fraud Analyst in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Accertify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for, company outings, food is catered to employees on all holidays and sometimes randomly.

Cons

You are scheduled to work 10 hour shifts and the schedules are kinda bad. Either you work really early in the day 6AM to 4 PM or late at night 2PM to midnight. They kept switching my schedule randomly.

Advice to Management

Keep scheduling consistent and take all employees into consideration when making the schedule.

3. Fraud Analyst

I have been working at Accertify full-time

Pros

Good pay for this position and opportunity for overtime. Management always tries to make the typical desk job a little better by planning fun little events or ordering in good food! Co-workers are great and friendly.

Cons

Mandatory overtime is exhausting after a while, but still good money.

5. Bullying, favoritism - a bit like wild wild west

I have been working at Accertify

Pros

None really. It was very different a few years ago when the founders of the firm were still working here.

Cons

A very unpleasant work environment

Advice to Management

Put some thought into whom you promote to managerial roles.

Fraud Analyst

Current Employee - Fraud Analyst in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Accertify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-work 4 10 hour days a week
    -the work is interesting, I'm hardly ever bored
    -analysts are left alone for the most part, managers are never hovering or bothering me
    -paid hourly, x1.5 for OT
    -the company is doing well, job security

Cons

-analysts have to work on the weekends, you will work either Saturday or Sunday every week
    -pay isn't great, raises are small
    -hours are all over the place, very few analysts work anything close to a 9-5
    -I was put on overnights without being asked
    -the analyst team has more than doubled in the time I've been here but they have only made a few promotions

The worst part by far is having to work on weekends in my opinion. I like to go out to bars and parties on the weekend and my work schedule is severely cutting into that lifestyle. Also, if I ever want to do something that spans more than a single night (like spending a weekend in Milwaukee or something like that) I have to use PTO and I have to know about it a month in advance. This is only for analysts though, all the other jobs in the company are 9-5.

Advice to Management

I don't know if I have any advice, unfortunately analysts are going to have to work on the weekend.

7. Lacking communication

I have been working at Accertify

Pros

good people always trying to do more with less

Cons

Big gap between senior leadership and the workers

8. Great company to work for!

I have been working at Accertify

Pros

Great opportunities! Great benefits and perks!

Cons

No cons, great company to work for.

Advice to Management

n/a

Fraud Analyst

I worked at Accertify (Less than a year)

Pros

Gaining experience in the financial fraud industry. The majority of supervisors are easy to get along with and understanding.

Cons

Individuals that have been at the company for a long time are not really understanding when asked questions by new employees. No real mobility within the actual company - people have been there for multiple years and have just been recently promoted, even though the company has grown exponentially over the years.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a little bit better to keep and retain the best talent in the industry.

Not a good company to work for

I worked at Accertify full-time

Pros

There were team building events and parties for different occasions which helped with the morale in the office. Benefits were ok. Upper management was decent.

Cons

Vacation time was not allowed during the busy times of the year. Overtime was basically required. Management was poor. Advancement was based on nepotism.

A seemingly good company to work for, but a nightmare overall.

Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Itasca, IL
    Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Itasca, IL

I worked at Accertify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work itself was really interesting and allowed you to work independently and creatively to figure out fraudulent transactions. For being entry-level, the pay was also slightly higher than other jobs I had applied for and turned down.

Cons

- They take their time getting you started. The time between their first call to me and my start date was literally a month and a half.
    - They wait until the end of your training to tell you that you WILL work late nights, weekends, and holidays, not a normal schedule at all. This place is open 24/7, and they do not tell you this during your interview.
    - A girl I was training with had moved from a different state to be a bilingual analyst, and they didn't tell her until the 3rd/4th training day that she was going to have a completely different job. And they unprofessionally disclosed this to her in front of about 10-15 other employees.
    - The head of the department gossiped about employees as soon as they left the room, and this happened as soon as my first day. She also called me out for being quiet while I was eating my lunch.
    - The office culture is extremely uncomfortable. Like, they try to do different things to boost office morale, but it felt like I was in a kindergarten class with twenty and thirty somethings. I really can't put into words how weird it was.
    - The biggest office morale booster involved people writing thank you notes to each other and pinning them on a bulletin board. The notes are put in a basket, and the first person whose note is drawn gets...drumroll please...lunch with the manager. Then, all the other notes are read out loud. Really awkward, and quite a conceited "prize".
    - The company itself is only 7 years old, but all of the founders have already left the company to pursue a different job opportunity. Kind of fishy to me.
    - During training, they do a great job at making you feel like an idiot. My position was clearly for entry-level people with zero fraud experience, but they test you heavily during your first week about things that only a person who has studied fraud could know.

Advice to Management

Be honest with applicants up front. You mostly hire younger people with little to no experience who see this company as a great opportunity to get their foot in the door - which it is. However, that doesn't make it excusable to change their positions last minute, hide from them the types of shifts they'd work, or even hand them all of the cruddy shifts because they're "new". It's a shame because the company is growing and the work itself is fun and interesting. Everything else drags a perfectly good position down to a level of intolerable qualities.

RSS Feed </> Embed