Access Group

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Christopher P. Chapman

An overall positive experience.

Accounting (Former Employee) West Chester, PA

ProsThe company's compensation and benefits packages were always generous.

ConsDue to the changes in student lending/financing Access Group finds itself in a position where it cannot grow as evidenced by its recent downsizing. If opportunities are available they are likely not opportunities one can grow with long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementHang in there. Access Group went through some tough times but is still around and a player in the student loan industry. By now the dust has probably settled and the new Access Group is emerging. Find and retain the right people for the right jobs.

Former employee of 4 years

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsLocation, reduced work hours, building is open and has many ammenities.

ConsYoung company, "Catty" environment to outsiders, inflexible to change, Difiicult to work without micromanagement, Small company, working over Lowes and under a movie theater.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to adapt faster to the decreasing market. The economy is against us all now and it could've saved the company from the $14 Million dollar Info Tech team loss with nothing to show.

My career at Access Group

Computer Operator (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsAccess was a great place to work while it existed. There were constant challenges and opportunities to learn. The employees were challenged to make a difference.

ConsAccess Group was practically dissolved with all but a mere 5% of its employees left to carry on the name. If your difference didn't work there were consequences.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet another iSeries.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoyed my time at AGI.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

Pros-Flexible, family-friendly
    -Respectful environment
    -Very nice people
    -Good benefits package, health insurance, tuition reimbursement, etc.
    -Bonuses based on performance
    -Good amount of time off

Cons-Dying industry
    -Rounds of lay-offs were continuous
    -Unstable
    -Management was not the most competent
    -Some people were set in doing things the old way and not open to change

Advice to Senior ManagementObviously, some of the issues at AGI were beyond management's control and were a product of government legislation bringing student lending into the government. The company is trying to reinvent itself which makes it a scary place to work for employees. As much as they can, it would be helpful for management to be open and honest about impending lay-offs and restructuring.

Worked for Access Group? Contribute to the Community!