Access Insurance Company

19 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very Enjoyable Environment to Work

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Access Insurance Company full-time for less than a year

Pros- Casual Friday dress allowed
- Work from home policy started for the IT dpmt where we are allowed to work from home Tuesday-Thursday when wanted.
- Breakfast brought in once a month
- Deserts/cupcakes brought in once a month
- Low cost benefits provided and available
- Good Salary
- 401K Employer Match
- Good work/life balance
- Up-to-date on technology
- Nice office
- 19 Days off in 1st year increasing to 24 days off by year 5.

Cons- Health insurance is probably not great for families (though as a younger employee, it is much better and preferred).
- Large variety within the company of levels of education of employees (especially from dpmt to dpmt).
- Traffic near Perimeter Mall is bad (especially when leaving work).

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into having options for employee healthcare (instead of only a high-deductible plan). Recruit heavier from top local schools (GT, UGA, GA State).

Material Damage Adjuster

I have been working at Access Insurance Company full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTeam environment/ always busy / late hours so you can miss the traffic/ They don't offer overtime but they do offer incentive to work extra hours from time to time. Benefits after the first 90 days.

ConsThe company closes claims that should remain open. The owner is not an ethical person and they are short staffed however they don't hire the people that they need. The owners only care about themselves and they do not care about their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo things that are ethical and hire more people instead of cause good adjusters to quit.

Unless they have changed their business model, don't do it!

I worked at Access Insurance Company full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMost of the managers there want to do a good job and provide outstanding support to their staff.

Most staff want to do a good job given the tools to be successful.

Pay wasn't poor, but not better than average.

Benefits are better than some other places

Cons-Unrealistic expectations of all staff ( Wine taste, malt liquor budget)
-They expect staff to work ridicules hours (Length, not starting or ending times)
-Upper management, i.e. the owners, have lost touch with reality and it doesnt appear that they know how to run a successful company. They grew too fast for their business model.
- Poor financial management. They don't pay claims that way that they should - timely. This is NOT the decision of the leaders on the floor, this is at the direction of the people at HQ in the other tower.
- Poor implementation of potential successful ideas
- Culture/moral

Advice to Senior ManagementMichael and Dan, move your offices from the other tower into the other side of the building. Know your company. Know your employees. Know the climate. Care about the climate and not just the money. Slow down, grow healthly. Talk to your employees. Listen to their concerns, believe it or not because they are actually doing the work they know a great deal - more than you think they know. Its ok if you admit that your vision didn't work, write less policies and less states and then build yourself back up again.

At one point your company had good growth and it was actually a good place to work. This is certainly no longer the case. The break down of your claims department isn't the fault of Jerry, who is no longer there [No this isn't Jerry], Jim Carnley, Tracy, David or any other leader. The problem begins with you. Take a real and a strong look at your contributions to the company and ask yourself are you happy with choices that you made?

Access, in my opinion, can get back to a place where it is profitable and a worth while employer, however, until you accept reality and responsibility a change will never come.

Dysfunctional organizational culture and leadership

MD Claims Adjuster (Former Employee)

I worked at Access Insurance Company full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe Eye med plan is great; $300 towards frames!

ConsMultiple state licenses comes with an overwhelming pending of claims along with managements unrealistic expectations.

When leaders either consciously or subconsciously hoist certain groups or people up on pedestals while denigrating others. Besides being divisive, that also creates "walk on water" behavior where exalted people or groups aren't subject to the rules & regulations the company has in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to value your employees that work hard and give their all instead of making them a target for your own agenda.

I have been with Access for almost 3yrs

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee)

I have been working at Access Insurance Company full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people you work with are mostly friendly and helpful

ConsThey expect you to work with little overtime

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us some help

The company has no vision or strategic plan. Poor management team.

I worked at Access Insurance Company full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat location at the Perimeter Mall area; office is nice with wifi accessible garden;monthly breakfasts and afternoon treats for all employees.

ConsWhen I started this company was okay to work for. It was growing and thriving. It seemed to have a niche in the industry and things were going well. Or so it seemed.

But after awhile it became apparent that the executive management was struggling to define the company and its vision and therefore there was no strategy. Or if there was it was kept behind management doors. None of us knew what to expect day to day. Constant change in directives was frustrating and confusing. Suddenly there were layoffs and overwork for those who stayed.

Management rules by fear and intimidation. There are constant threats of losing one's job if you don't get things done quickly with unrealistic deadlines. It is not unusual to hear upper management screaming at employees and belittling them out in the open. Even for those with industry experience, management does not want your ideas or opinions. There is only one way commuincation: downward.

It was a very stressful place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare more with the employees beyond the annual meeting. There needs to be more open communcation. There is a feeling that management is reacting to issues and market changes with no game plan.

Hire management who are true leaders and can coach and mentor the staff. The management you have believe they are better than the employees and treat them as underlings and not as professionals.

If you have no other option, then apply here.

Call Center (Current Employee)

I have been working at Access Insurance Company full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHR staff is very nice.

ConsThe PTO for call center is sucks, their absence system is horrible, just to give you and idea. Before you get sick make sure you advice workforce of it so you do not get penalize for not showing up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication with lower positions, don't look at the matrix only, remember that the ones who provided the customer service are the same ones who have been mistreated. Remember that you are not recording 100 % of the incoming calls, so many things can happen!!

Absolute WORST Company I've Ever Work For!

Underwriter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Access Insurance Company full-time

ProsThe PTO, because once you realize how bad the job is you can use the PTO to interview for other companies.
The coworkers, because we all suffer together.

ConsOut of the 5 companies I've worked for in the past, Access Insurance is 100% hands down the worst company I ever worked for! It's mostly the lack of leadership and skills from the managers within the department. Forget asking questions to the managers because all they would respond is "Well you tell me" or "Just use logic", and when you present your work to your manager for review, all they say is "well why didn't you this and that?" then you get criticized for the lack of clarity and effort of your work. SERIOUSLY?

Also forget about getting any yearly bonuses for the already stressful year you gone through. Access provides cheap gifts for all its employees. For one example, Access gave everyone a banana stand with the Access Logo ornament hanging off from it. A BANANA STAND and an ORNAMENT. Is that the best they can do to boost morale?

Just save yourself the hassle and stress. Don't apply here.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all the managements and find someone who really do care about their employees.

Do not work for this company unless you absolutely have to

I worked at Access Insurance Company full-time for less than a year

Pros19 vacation days to start
employees are friendly and nice
employees are willing to help
good location depending where you live

Consvery high turnover

I worked at Access Insurance Company full-time for more than a year

ProsGood pay
Nice new building
Great location

ConsMost of the management team are rejects from other insurance companies
Terrible hours
Lack of customer service skills
Management is threatening
Does not recognize the skill of employees
Does not value diversity at all
Promotes mediocre performers over stellar performers
Terrible Benefits
Terrible working condition

Advice to Senior ManagementGet an education and obtain more training such as "valuing diversity", management training, and develop a culture of inclusion instead of one of exclusion.

Worked for Access Insurance Company? Contribute to the Community!

Access Insurance Company – Why Work for Us?

• Founded in 1994, and headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Access Insurance Company is an exciting, high-growth auto insurance company. • Access is a dynamic organization with principal departments of Accounting, Claims… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Access Insurance Company reviews and ratings in Atlanta, GA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Access Insurance Company CEO Michael McMenamin. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Access Insurance Company employees.