Access Intelligence Reviews

Don Pazour

1. anonymous

Former Employee - Anonymous in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Houston, TX

I worked at Access Intelligence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. Friendly people. Not micro managed.

Cons

There aren't any I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on

2. Editorial Writer

Former Employee - Writer in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Writer in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Access Intelligence

Pros

Out early every Friday by 3 p.m., wonderful work/personal life balance, ability to work from home, great benefit package, learned a lot on the job and took my ideas and ran with them. Great collaboration however sometimes work load is piled on with skeleton crew.

Cons

Some managers appear to skate by and by that I mean letting their employees do their work while they just sit back and take the credit. It seems some managers are there and just do the limited amount of work with out any recourse from higher ups.

The office is also very quiet. No one talks to each other except during office events, which are always fun, however during normal work hours no one talks to each other and can make the day drag on and on.

I applied for a position in another department and was told while they understood I wanted to take on a another role, they felt that it would hurt the current department i was in if i left. Felt there was very limited room to grow.

Advice to Management

Keep track of your managers who take the ability to work from home for granted. Some would say they are working from home but some how appear to be unreachable by phone, emails or texts. Sometimes is appears that your employees are work harder than managers and it just seems to fall in the cracks, creating for a tense work enviornment.

3. Access Intel.

I worked at Access Intelligence

Pros

Executives and Upper Management, are fairly easygoing, and friendly, yet professional and very busy. So, its not at all a weird work environment. In my time with the company I considered many to be friends.

Cons

Some of the time I felt an eerie silence, whereas not enough was going on. The truth is there weren't many cons.

Advice to Management

It was an unforgettable learning experience, as well as a quite entertaining place to work.

5. Refreshing company to work for in DC area!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at Access Intelligence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Off early on Fridays
    -Flexible work from home
    - Cohesive team work and sharing of ideas
    -Been with the company for a short time and had me in high level meetings
    -My opinions matter and they take action on them

Cons

-some practices are a bit behind the times
    -office could use some painting and color
    -some people that have been with company for over 5-10 yrs seem like they are not up to speed with a revenue driven mind set.

Advice to Management

Improve company culture to increase interaction among employees
    Update office space

6. A proud member

Current Employee - Advertising Sales Director in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Advertising Sales Director in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Access Intelligence full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I am constantly impressed with Access Intelligence...they care for their people, top management folks are always thinking of new directions in which to move the company and their teams, and the there is a general air of being part of something great. I totally enjoy the people I work with, their professionalism and friendship makes for a great team environment and an enjoyable workplace

Cons

I have no cons to talk about

7. A company that cares

I worked at Access Intelligence

Pros

I worked at Access Intelligence for over 8 years. I originally worked in the NY office and when I had the opportunity to move to Florida the CEO called me and told me to move to Florida and work from home. Not many employers would do this. This company supports you and gives you the training and tools for advancement. A loyal, hardworking employee will reap the benefits. The Senior Management encourages ideas and wants employees to grow. The CEO is amazing. In fact, I followed him and others who went to AI. They are also very supportive in times that you need to devote to personal issues. They are a caring and sensitive. There is so much more I could say about the company the Pros are endless.

Cons

There is not much I can add here.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate and be upfront with the staff. Everyone wants to feel a part of the company.

8. Great company

Current Employee - Current Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Current Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Access Intelligence full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture with understanding and supportive management. You can make an impact if you are passionate about your work. Flexibility is allowed if you demonstrate reliability and you work hard. I enjoy working with my team. We get a lot of work done together. Our CEO is down to earth and talks with everyone throughout the organization. He spends time hearing what all employees have to say, especially our new hires.

Cons

with growth comes change and you need to keep up with all that is happening

9. Great people, great culture, great growth potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Access Intelligence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great culture; casual dress code; shorter work days on Friday
    - Employees actually care about the work they're doing and are invested in the products they work with
    - CEO keeps employees in the loop for new developments; High focus on moving products forward (digital development) to keep ahead of industry pacing
    - "Open door" environment gets new ideas to the right people (and upper management actually wants to hear your ideas!)
    - Reward programs designed to recognize "above and beyond"; they like to promote from within so alot of room for growth
    - Office events are nice - holiday lunch, summer picnic, birthday celebrations - let you get to know employees outside of your workgroup

Cons

- Office location could be closer to the city

Advice to Management

Very positive outlook for the future of this company.

Absolutely joyless and the management's idea of nurturing talent is purging it.

Former Employee - Editor in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Editor in Rockville, MD

I worked at Access Intelligence full-time

Pros

Wonderful events! Lots of fascinating people to meet and often at fun venues.

Cons

Management believes that excessive micromanagement, coupled with slave-driving to the point of burnout and breakdown are acceptable and productive ways to oversee staff. Management operated in stealth mode, secretive and cryptic in a manner that would make the Mafia proud. Genuine creativity and intelligence are anathema here--strict adherence to the status quo and mediocrity are lauded to the heavens. Be an blindly obedient corporate drone and you will go far. Stay away!

Advice to Management

Fire management.

I worked in the events group, you'll gain great experience but lose your personal life.

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Rockville, MD

I worked at Access Intelligence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are given a lot of responsibility right from day 1 and have the opportunity to own projects. You are involved in all mediums of marketing – print, web, email, face to face and social media.

Cons

You are grossly underpaid for the hours you work, you can easily make 30-40% more at another company in the area. You are truly never off the clock, expect to get emails at all hours of the night – leaving work an hour late is still looked at as leaving early by management. You’ll receive unattainable goals, and if you somehow meet them you’ll shoot yourself in the foot for the following year with the new "standard.”

Advice to Management

Invest in employee wellness and not squeeze every ounce of motivation from employees by being understaffed.

Access Intelligence Photos