Access Intelligence

A proud member

Current Employee - Advertising Sales Director  in  Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Advertising Sales Director in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Access Intelligence full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I am constantly impressed with Access Intelligence...they care for their people, top management folks are always thinking of new directions in which to move the company and their teams, and the there is a general air of being part of something great. I totally enjoy the people I work with, their professionalism and friendship makes for a great team environment and an enjoyable workplace

Cons

I have no cons to talk about

Great company

Current Employee - Current Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Current Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Access Intelligence full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great culture with understanding and supportive management. You can make an impact if you are passionate about your work. Flexibility is allowed if you demonstrate reliability and you work hard. I enjoy working with my team. We get a lot of work done together. Our CEO is down to earth and talks with everyone throughout the organization. He spends time hearing what all employees have to say, especially our new hires.

Cons

with growth comes change and you need to keep up with all that is happening

A company that cares

I worked at Access Intelligence

Pros

I worked at Access Intelligence for over 8 years. I originally worked in the NY office and when I had the opportunity to move to Florida the CEO called me and told me to move to Florida and work from home. Not many employers would do this. This company supports you and gives you the training and tools for advancement. A loyal, hardworking employee will reap the benefits. The Senior Management encourages ideas and wants employees to grow. The CEO is amazing. In fact, I followed him and others who went to AI. They are also very supportive in times that you need to devote to personal issues. They are a caring and sensitive. There is so much more I could say about the company the Pros are endless.

Cons

There is not much I can add here.

Continue to communicate and be upfront with the staff. Everyone wants to feel a part of the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, great culture, great growth potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Access Intelligence full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great culture; casual dress code; shorter work days on Friday
    - Employees actually care about the work they're doing and are invested in the products they work with
    - CEO keeps employees in the loop for new developments; High focus on moving products forward (digital development) to keep ahead of industry pacing
    - "Open door" environment gets new ideas to the right people (and upper management actually wants to hear your ideas!)
    - Reward programs designed to recognize "above and beyond"; they like to promote from within so alot of room for growth
    - Office events are nice - holiday lunch, summer picnic, birthday celebrations - let you get to know employees outside of your workgroup

Cons

- Office location could be closer to the city

Very positive outlook for the future of this company.

Absolutely joyless and the management's idea of nurturing talent is purging it.

Former Employee - Editor  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Editor in Rockville, MD

I worked at Access Intelligence full-time

Pros

Wonderful events! Lots of fascinating people to meet and often at fun venues.

Cons

Management believes that excessive micromanagement, coupled with slave-driving to the point of burnout and breakdown are acceptable and productive ways to oversee staff. Management operated in stealth mode, secretive and cryptic in a manner that would make the Mafia proud. Genuine creativity and intelligence are anathema here--strict adherence to the status quo and mediocrity are lauded to the heavens. Be an blindly obedient corporate drone and you will go far. Stay away!

Fire management.

I worked in the events group, you'll gain great experience but lose your personal life.

Former Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Rockville, MD

I worked at Access Intelligence full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are given a lot of responsibility right from day 1 and have the opportunity to own projects. You are involved in all mediums of marketing – print, web, email, face to face and social media.

Cons

You are grossly underpaid for the hours you work, you can easily make 30-40% more at another company in the area. You are truly never off the clock, expect to get emails at all hours of the night – leaving work an hour late is still looked at as leaving early by management. You’ll receive unattainable goals, and if you somehow meet them you’ll shoot yourself in the foot for the following year with the new "standard.”

Invest in employee wellness and not squeeze every ounce of motivation from employees by being understaffed.

Multitaskers only need apply

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at Access Intelligence full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong, growing company with a casual office environment. Fast-paced daily schedules is great for those able and that strive with multi-tasking. Able to learn and grow a lot as an individual professional.

Cons

Much of the VP level management is disconnected from the daily grind that project ideas that come from the top down aren't always realistic.

Be more aware of the in's and out's of what it takes to make the products and events successful, and provide proper support (funds, staffing...)

A heavy workload with little compensation.

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Rockville, MD

I worked at Access Intelligence full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A full circle of knowledge of the marketing campaign
    Fast pace learning environment
    Responsibility for growing the business, gives you project ownership
    Experience builder
    Great CEO, knows everyone in the company no matter what your role is

Cons

Long hours and weekend work
    Low pay for the responsibilities/work being done
    Teams were understaffed
    Work must be your life (hard for people with families)

It works well for me!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Access Intelligence

Pros

*Casual workplace
    *Flexible scheduling
    *Encouragement from upper mgt.
    *great coworkers
    *fun work
    *good top-down communication
    *Hard work and good ideas are acknowledged

Cons

*Because of company size there are not as many opportunities for advancement
    *As a venture capital owned company there is always a worry the company will be sold
    *Not much on raises but the work-life balance takes a lot of the pain away
    *Sometimes I think new hires were not properly vetted as a good fit for the culture here, also some people confuse the casual atmosphere and work-life benefit with the idea that we are a results driven company and there is a bottom line that we need to hit. (not the company's fault but it does happen).

Keep up the good work.

Rewarding

I have been working at Access Intelligence

Pros

Challenging, rewarding work in a human-friendly environment

Cons

Sometimes hard to find good people in suburban location

Worked for Access Intelligence? Contribute to the Community!