Acclaim Technical Serivces Reviews

Trever Neves

1. Great management, coworkers are friendly, everything by the book

Former Contractor - Translator in Reston, VA
    Former Contractor - Translator in Reston, VA

I worked at Acclaim Technical Serivces as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I worked on a temporary project for this government contractor. My management was professional, courteous, and honest. I would work with ATS again. ATS management and more junior employees were courteous and respective of our presence by treating us like team members. My senior [I think] manager suggested I stay in contact for possible positions in case where I have landed did not work out to my approval and available positions within ATS government contracts opened up for which I am fit. I cannot speak for the company as a whole and I cannot speak for working for the company directly with a government contract, but the Reston folks were awesome and my management was up front with me and excellent. If an offer comes your way with ATS, I would take at the very least give it real consideration.

Cons

Not really. I would have suggested a better location in Reston, but the company is doing that in December 2014 so that is a moot point with a better location closer to Washington DC's Metro stations. By December 2014 the company will have a location within easy walking distance to the Wiehle-Reston Metro station for those folks not working at customer locations and those who prefer public transportation. The walk should be about 5 to 7 minutes depending on personal waking speed. The office new will still be on the W&OD bicycle/running trail (which I used), just closer to the Metro.

Continue being friendly to your temporary employees. I'm not sure if that is a company policy or just personal niceties, but all of your Reston employees made me feel like a team member.

2. Bust in the dust

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Acclaim Technical Serivces as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Helping the military through exercise support.

Cons

Very low pay compared to other contractor jobs.

3. ATS - Employee Owned - Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Acclaim Technical Serivces full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This was a good place to work but became even better once the company became Employee Owned. Not only does the company benefit but I also get a piece of the pie, as do all employees. Every single person at ATS can make a positive contribution towards the company's success. This is a great benefit as it serves as a second retirement plan in addition to my 401K.

ATS' Executive Management actively seeks to foster employee growth and looks to promote within the company before considering outside resources. They expect everyone to work hard but they really encourage a good work life balance. Salaries are solid and PTO comes in abundance between your first and second year.

Cons

The benefits are comparable to a larger government contractor but just a little below or just on par with companies of the same size. There are many companies of the same stature with a more robust and attractive benefits package.

Diversify the benefits package so that ATS really stands out as being a step above other companies. Look into wellness benefits/incentives and possibly commuter benefits/reimbursements. Performance Evaluations would be effective & beneficial on an annual basis. That communication is important to both ATS and the employee to determine and provide mutual goals and future expectations.

5. ATS - Employee Owned - Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Acclaim Technical Serivces full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This was a good place to work but became even better once the company became Employee Owned. This means that everyone gets a piece of the pie and every single person can make a positive contribution towards the company's success. ATS' Executive Management actively seeks to foster employee growth and looks to promote within the company before considering outside resources. A good work life balance is always encouraged; work hard, play hard. My manager was always available to contact and has always addressed my concerns working towards a win/win solution.

Cons

Their benefits are comparable to a larger government contractor but just a little below or just on par with companies of similar size. There are many companies of similar size with more robust and attractive benefits packages. I hope we see some updates with the company being Employee Owned.

Diversify the benefits package so that ATS really stands out as being a step above other companies. I think employees would like to have wellness benefits/incentives and possibly commuter benefits. Performance Evaluations should be done for every employee on an annual basis. That communication is important to both ATS and the employee to determine and provide mutual goals and expectations.

6. Good company but no flexibility.

Former Employee - Consultant in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Acclaim Technical Serivces

Pros

Growing company, young management, operation all over the US and overseas. Chance to work as a contractor for the US government, military and security agencies. Many fields to work in, IT, linguistics, security, HR etc... Good healthcare coverage benefit and 401 K. A good mix of diversity and women at work. Nice Birthday card signed by many headquarters staff.

Cons

No room for growth, very long hours, no time off even when you need it. Pay average or bellow industry,. Hard to get management on the phone or answer emails, no company support when needed at client location. Too much travel.

Talk to your new staff, ask them what can you do to keep them around.

7. ATS employs high-caliber people and treats them well.

I have been working at Acclaim Technical Serivces

Pros

The management and administrative personnel are very easy to work with, and communication is timely, effective, and efficient. ATS employees are also generally very polite.

Cons

I have not experienced anything that I would term a "downside" to working at ATS. I suppose that being at a client site away from the company could be viewed as a downside.

Keep doing what you're doing in terms of employee recognition; that 's a key differentiator. Also sustain the good communication between project managers and employees.