Acclaris Reviews

Dean Mason

Enthralling

Former Employee - Technology in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Technology in Tampa, FL

I worked at Acclaris full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Spirit of brotherly love and friendliness amongst employees, that extends beyond the four walls of the office. Acclaris has brought on board C-level execs and talents that has and still transforming the company, inside out. Too bad I am not there to experience and be part of the change, due to fault of mine. The culture change has, and will greatly carry Acclaris far.

Cons

Tend to lack behind in employee/family activities.

Keep up with the current pace. HR dept is well structured, good example for other departments.

Great opportunity for learning and work-life balance

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Tampa, FL

I worked at Acclaris full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My department was excellent at providing work-life balance and opportunities for personal growth and professional development. I had excellent coworkers both within my department and throughout the business who were both knowledgable resources and able to dedicate time to providing guidance on projects. The company as a whole did a nice job of making a pleasant work environment and treating the staff.

Cons

As they are a growing company, I think there are some areas for improvement as the business adapts to growing from a small to a mid-size company. Senior management seemed stretched too thin, I think in the long run it may be effective to train non-management team members to be subject matter experts and be given more responsibility in making day-to-day decisions, so senior management does not have to be so heavily involved with every aspect of each project, and focus more on strategic planning. The good news is that everyone is receptive to new ideas and process improvements as they grow, until they find a system that works. I always felt like I had a voice.

Okay

Current Employee - Participant Care Representative in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Participant Care Representative in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Acclaris full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice, comfortable, friendly, safe environment

Cons

I got laid off and don't know why

The HR and management team at Acclaris is a joke. They do not have morals or values

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Acclaris full-time

Pros

I got to meet a lot of good knowledgeable people.

Cons

HR controls to many aspects of whom you hire and etc. They have their nose in everyone's business. The senior management team has no clue what is going on within their teams. The entire company is disorganized and is losing clients on a daily basis due to this. The company wastes so much money on ordering lunch everyday and travel expenses.

You are losing valuable key players in your organization due to the morals and values of your company. Hiring more "chiefs" at high salaries is not helping or fixing the situation.

Revolving door

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Acclaris full-time

Pros

Lots of good people work there.

Cons

Amateur clueless leadership. No real HR to represent employees or handle important issues. Uncertain future.

Many of you are hurting this company with your presence. Time for you to move on.

I'm amazed that a company this size has no idea what transpires in their own call center.

I worked at Acclaris full-time

Pros

You have some great people in leadership who are dedicated to this company!

Cons

You have some not so great people in leadership who have their own agenda and it's called DRAMA. Yet you continue to reward this kind of behavior or turn a blind eye to it. Ironically the people who actually care are the ones who leave or will because of this. The personal drama has replaced being a customer service professional. Wake up Acclaris you have a serious problem.

Take a long hard look at what is going on in your call center. It's not hard to figure out.

Stop playing favorites, not a good policy.

I worked at Acclaris

Pros

Some of the VPs are good to work for. A good place to learn about how small companies go through hard times and get into better times. Their CIO is great! Hopefully he will make a change.

Cons

Some of the VPs in Implementation should not be trusted. If you are not their minion you will be thrown under the bus whenever possible. Many good people have left because of this. Buddies or those within the right click - become promoted without earning it nor having the right credentials. So the company suffers due to these decisions.

Look at your Dept VPs, discourage kingdom building

not a good experience at all

I have been working at Acclaris

Pros

Applied online. A week later received a call for an interview. The interview went good. 3 people who interviewed were very nice. The interview process is very easy. The only bad thing about the company is that after doing a great interview, they decided to change the job description, job title, and basically searching for more senior candidates.

Cons

not a serious company, management is a complete joke.
    HR needs to re-evaluate exactly what is that they are looking for before posting jobs for applicants.

Make sure you know the job description and the job title before looking for applicants and of course before having interviews and then changing your mind in regards to job descriptions and job names.

It was a small family like feel with my coworkers but the management style is micro-manage.

Former Employee - Participant Care Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Participant Care Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Acclaris

Pros

Free drinks, sometimes they will cater a lunch. Small office so you get to know your coworkers like family. There was no drama as far as gossip and other childish stuff. M thru F work schedules. More paid holidays then some employers and the FSA acct that they offer as part of their benefits package was great.

Cons

No oppurtunities for advancement. They DO NOT promote from within and will hire from outside instead. No tuition reimbursement. Nasty customers. Too many different clients, products, etc and everyday things change. Not enough leadership help when you need it. If you need a supervisor you will not get one. They make it really hard to get time off by having you request it in their scheduling software first and then once that is approved you must now also get your team lead and director to approve. The catered lunches used to be for everyone but then changed it to only people who skip their lunch now get it. The communication between the departments in India and US are broken, they are processing the claims but when you try to send one back for review they will just post a canned response and you are the one who has to go back to the customer with their unsatisfactory responses. Also the pay for the stress level of this job do not match up. They only hire @ 11.50 and after a year you will be lucky to get a 1,3 or 5% raise.

Acknowledge the people you already have for their hard work, deication to the company and experience by promoting them instead. Have an internal job posting to give them the equal oppurtunity to apply for any other open positions. Just cause I currently work in this field doesn't mean I am not qualified to work in another department for the company.

A good paltform between careers

Current Employee - Senior Process Associate in Calcutta (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Process Associate in Calcutta (India)

I have been working at Acclaris full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work environment (Especially for a service industry).
    Very helpful and co-operative colleagues.
    For technical positions, salary is competitive.
    Operations is good for people with non-technical background.

Cons

Think twice before joining if you aspire a technical career.
    Compensation is not up to the market standard (for Operations)
    Can't expect a rapid growth.
    Should have a clear vision of what you are getting into.

Job advertisement should reflect the proper JD.

Acclaris Photos