Acclaro

www.acclaro.com

Acclaro Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Michael Kriz

I've really enjoyed my time at Acclaro.

ProsFast paced environment. Great co-workers. Commitment to high quality work. Interesting clients and projects. Family-friendly company culture. Ability to set flexible work-schedules. Good benefits relative to similar (US) service businesses.

ConsStaff is distributed across multiple US locations, home offices and literally around the world. So project communication is largely through emails and phone. Sometimes off-hours.
    As a client and project-based service business - there are ups and downs in workload, and pressure on efficiency and client-satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in custom software development. Publicize new / growth opportunities more within the company.

A fine first job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe work was interesting and varied. Liked the size of the company and that I got a chance to know people in various positions of the company. I liked most of the individuals I worked with directly.

ConsDisorganized; desperately needs to figure out its workplace rules because I constantly got conflicting instructions (and hence critiques) on every aspect of my work. Geographically dispersed, which is a plus for the industry and a minus for any kind of esprit de corps.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to decide on a business model and stick with it. The company cannot be all things to all people.

Learned a lot, but long hours and spotty management support

ProsCan take on lots of diverse and interesting projects and clients. Learn a lot from seasoned professionals

ConsNon-transparent and rather cryptic communication style amongst some senior management. Management can be demanding but not necessarily supportive of employees, who are already under lots of pressure with clients.
    There's a strong sense of customer service but at the cost of employees' work/life balance. Long hours and low pay.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work; coworkers are a joy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA company that understands there is a work/life balance and allows for flexibility. Coworkers are all excellent and there is a feeling of "family" among the team.

ConsBring a small company, there is not much in the way of growth opportunities.

Worst Localization vendor ever to work for

Engineer (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsI really don't have anything good to say about Acclaro.

ConsOvertime is mandatory not an exception. Managers are not professional and like to gossip a lot.

Great people, supportive and flexible environment

Marketing (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI worked at Acclaro for five years -- the longest I've stayed at any company in my career. This is a place where you can take an idea and run with it, expand your horizons, be a proud language geek, and mostly be in charge of your own schedule and whether or not you worked from home. It's a very family-friendly environment, with an emphasis on the well-being of the employees and their loved ones. The company strives to be inclusive and while everyone works hard, the rewards on a personal and professional level are many.

ConsThe localization and translation industry is in great flux and is undergoing many changes. This includes new technology, machine and/or crowdsourced translation (vs professional human translators), and clients expecting to pay less for more. Acclaro is a bit "stuck" and needs to sprint out ahead of the pack in order to continue to be the best, high-quality translation agency out there, while also being relevant and cost-efficient to a demanding clientele.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to try some "out of the box" marketing and sales ideas and mix it up a bit in terms of translation service models.

Great company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAcclaro is one the best companies I have worked for. It has a great work environment if you enjoy working independently, being challenged and servicing great clients. You are allowed a great work - life balance, have room to learn and make mistakes and are encouraged to share your ideas. They have a strong emphasis on excellent customer service and accountability. The culture is one of open communications and trust, no politics here.

ConsTwo of their 3 US offices are in the suburbs. As in any service related industry, there are ups and downs in the workload.

I enjoyed my work and colleagues on a daily basis, felt productive, valued, challenged and content.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSupportive supervisors, collaborative colleagues, challenging work, good understanding of work-life balance, room for growth and development

ConsIt would be beneficial for company growth and employee convenience if there were an office in Manhattan.

Not very good environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Maynard, MA

ProsCEO is very nice person...

ConsLong commute, office is in the middle of nowhere, crazy co workers, not good environment to work and not very communication driven company...

Awful place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Maynard, MA

ProsVery well structured company as a whole.

ConsWorking overtime is a must if you work for this company. Office manager in Maynard likes to micromanage, which will make you go nuts and the office environment is terrible.

Worked for Acclaro? Contribute to the Community!