Accolo

Updated November 15, 2014
Updated November 15, 2014
3.8

Luis Rivera

Great place to learn, a bit chaotic

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Larkspur, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Larkspur, CA

I worked at Accolo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good learning opportunities, laid back culture. A chance to try out a lot of areas. Former CEO (John Younger) was a great guy.

Cons

Lack of stability. There was a lot of turnover while I was there, and it appears quite a bit since I left.

Plan more strategically so the company isn't always operating in 'crisis' mode (though this may have changed - it's been nearly 3 years since I've been there)

Bad Management = Bad Future

I have been working at Accolo

Pros

Small team, opportunities to learn, some really smart thinkers in the office

Cons

Even sitting across the office, you can feel the tension between HireMojo & Accolo and it's terrible. On the one side, you have CEO & President Ray who barks out orders without much thought as to how they'll affect everyone in the office. On the other side, you have CEO & President Luis who gangs up with his clique and constantly makes others feel like they could be gone any minute. Even from across the office you can hear his sexist remarks to his all female team.

Realize you have a small team of dedicated, intelligent people and work with them

Amazing CEO at the time, great teammates, lots of excitement, and opportunity.

Former Employee - Business Development in Larkspur, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in Larkspur, CA

I worked at Accolo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nerf gun fights, Marin Brew Co lunches, team-building internally, and transparency was #1. Laid-back for most part, and business was growing steadily, so there was room to make serious money.

Cons

Leadership - upper management that drove some people too far in some depts., driving away great talent. That may have been corrected.

Never forget that your best people are your best people, keep the company transparency, and maybe establish more cohesive culture.

Super fun place that had been neglected until recently.

I have been working at Accolo

Pros

Great people who like to work hard and have fun. The location is great assuming you live in Marin. You will learn a lot and have the opportunity to progress quickly in your career. Company has the typical perks like free snacks and drinks.

Cons

Pay is not perfect but company is improving. Company has been growing and the amount of conference rooms is no longer enough.

John is a great idea man and he is a perfect chairman. Luis is a great leader and should be involved in both hire mojo and RPO. Ray is a good guy but can be demoralizing at times and is not modern enough in his thinking.

If You like Low Pay for a Ton of Work -

Current Employee - Contract Recruiter in Larkspur, CA
    Current Employee - Contract Recruiter in Larkspur, CA

I have been working at Accolo as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home. Everyone here is a Contractor. You don't have to worry about being at your kid's soccer game.

Cons

Low pay for a ton of work. Clients pay up front and they think they own you and can be disrespectful. No benefits. Weird management.

Have your peoples' backs and stick up for them.

A no excuses, get the job done while having fun kind of place!

Current Employee - Hiring Consultant
    Current Employee - Hiring Consultant

I have been working at Accolo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Regarding the solution: Accolo/HireMojo provides a SaaS solution that automates a majority of the search for and hiring of top candidates. In just a few hours, a hiring manager or recruiter can create and execute a job plan, and see it posted to over 150 job boards. Through a series of initial and secondary interview questions that are scored, top candidates bubble to the top for the hiring manager's review. Makes my job as a recruiter so much easier!

Regarding the personality of the company: Most companies say that they're looking out for their employees; Accolo/HireMojo goes above-and-beyond on that promise. In my case, I was an outside hiring consultant with no health insurance and was involved in an accident that left me with a dislocated shoulder and $50,000 of surgery in my future. Management recognized my situation and came to me about bringing me into a full-time position so I could have the surgery I needed. A few months later, I had a successful surgery and have completely recovered. Have you ever worked for a company that would go to those lengths for an employee let alone a contractor?

You will love the NO PTO policy. If you're getting your job done, take the entire year off if you need it.

And, if it's 10:00am on Monday morning and you feel the need for a beer, please feel free to help yourself to our well-stocked 'fridge.

Cons

If you need direction, this isn't the company for you. Accolo/HireMojo is full of people who just get things done!

Accolo an exciting, empowering, and fulfilling place to work.

Current Employee - RPO Business Development in Larkspur, CA
    Current Employee - RPO Business Development in Larkspur, CA

I have been working at Accolo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at Accolo with has provided an empowering, and collaborative work environment. The opportunity to be self -directed and work out how to do what is required without someone looking over my shoulder has been remarkable. The culture has attracted an exciting mix of employees who have one thing in common: We all know what needs to get done and we make sure it happens. The potential here at Accolo creates a daily excitement that feeds the desire to not only do the work but find ways to improve what we do. The opportunity to get America back to work brings deep meaning to all we do. The upbeat, fun, and focused Accolo team are a joy to work with. The opportunity to grow is enormous. Just step up to the plate and roll up your sleeves. It is not business as usual but rather an extraordinary example of what happens when you support, believe,and empower your team.

Cons

I have been guilty of not going home at a reasonable time because of my passion to do what it takes to get a job done. The extra effort is always noted, and appreciated. I would stay longer but I have to remind myself I am also a parent. The bottom line and biggest con for Accolo is ITS ADDICTIVE.

BRAVO.. keep hiring the incredible caliber of employees we have on the Accolo team. I applaud that there is no them and us at Accolo. The transparency is refreshing. Thanks for keeping the awesome snacks in the cupboard and the beer in the fridge.

Great place to work! Work, Balance Highly Enforced

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Larkspur, CA

I have been working at Accolo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, upper management not afraid to get their hands dirty, team base environment, work hard, play harder culture, great product.

Cons

lack of resources, location is not commuter friendly.

Keep up the great work!

Accolo embodies a group of highly intelligent professionals that believe in what they're doing and enjoy every day.

Current Employee - Employee in Larkspur, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in Larkspur, CA

I have been working at Accolo

Pros

Flexibility, vision, drive, potential, intelligence, no BS, fun, beautiful environment, family, freedom

Cons

budget, somewhat early days, not too much.

Incentives drive extra effort passion. Rewarding employees equitably on salary and relative to company success will make them dedicated forever.

Job, not a career

I have been working at Accolo

Pros

good office location, nice people, decent work-life balance. There are also some really nice people here

Cons

lack of direction, egos of senior leadership (relying on past successes not what they can do NOW), lack of opportunity, boring work, nobody is willing to stand up and take responsibility for problems, overzealous about what we can actually do for our clients. This is not some place I would recommend for someone looking to really be challenged, stimulated or have a career path.

take responsibility for the major client issues and work to find resolution (innovation anyone?)