Accountemps Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
3.4
Accountemps Chairman and CEO Max Messmer Jr.
Max Messmer Jr.

Pros
  • Good online training is available (in 8 reviews)

• Great for entry-level to low-specialized employees (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Dont plan on getting hired for temp- to - hire Jobs (in 5 reviews)

• Secondly, No benefits, no insurance, no contract (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Awesome place

Former Employee - Accounting Professional in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Accounting Professional in Chicago, IL

I worked at Accountemps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always challenging. Always encouraged by the number of assignments and the placements available.

Cons

Always the "new kid on the block"

Advice to Management

Great job. They always checked in and were great advocates

Accounting Associate

I worked at Accountemps

Pros

Good money, quick staffing, very engaged

Cons

Not very permanent with little benefits.

Advice to Management

Care more

3. Account Payable

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Accountemps part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They work hard to get you the job that you want.

Cons

It may take some time to get a job just have to wait.

5. Vender

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, PA

I worked at Accountemps

Pros

Help you to find permanent jobs

Cons

The down time between jobs

6. Great place to get your start

Current Employee - Finance Accountant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Finance Accountant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Accountemps

Pros

Great place to get your start if you don't have any experience in the field and no one will give you a job, employers will give you a chance through a temp agency because if it doesn't work out they can get rid of you easily. It works both ways, if you don't like the employer, you can choose not to go back to them as well. Temping is a great way to get a start.

Cons

The pay is not the greatest. When you temp, you are not treated as well as the permanent employees. You have second class status.

Advice to Management

Management at Accountemps is doing a great job. They do the best they can to please both parties. And they encourage you to increase your skills to get a better job.

7. Accountemps SPS Salaried Professionals Service

Current Employee - Salaried Professional in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Salaried Professional in Irving, TX

I have been working at Accountemps full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are lucky enough to work for the Dallas Irving Fort Worth group, you will love this program. If you are wanting better experience, 40 hour work weeks, interesting projects, challenging roles, job security, huge career perks, competitive pay and to avoid office politics - nothing better is out there. The group I work for are very selective and have very high standards, but if they take you - you're very good at what you do. When I first took this job I only intended to do it for a couple years as the pay was about 10% less than I could get from most companies but after I started the paid overtime, bonuses and job security is a generous number. In DFW the job market is crazy good and there's a nice bonus program in place for SPS which has enabled me to make more money than I ever have in any job so far. I had time to finish my MBA, got my excel certificaton adn my CPA - all of which Robert Half paid for. I like fresh work, variety, working in new areas and being loved by every client I work for. Every client I've worked at has tried to hire me but after 5 years I'm in love with being a consultant. I don't want to go back into all the politics and risk involved with private companies. I'm now better at my craft than most of the CFOs and managers I help. I love telling people I'm a consultant too. Its not for everybody - but if you are wanting to be better at what you do, want the opportunity to learn new things, want to become more marketable to earn more money in the future - 2-3 yrs in SPS will do the trick. I plan to work here until I retire - unless I start my own company.

Cons

Occasionally I have to go out with a team of consultants for emergency projects. M&A, major turnover, IPO, Moves , tax - help a client who has lots of fires. Tons of problems with nobody but us to control them. There's a few projects a year I have to go out to a company that is a catastrophe. So much to do, total rescue effort, basically have to take over for departed CFOs, Controllers and Directors 0 but its usually short as once the fire is under control, we leave. I like working with 4-5 other Salaried Professionals at these projects but its tough work. I'd like to have better contact with co-workers but being a consultant is a choice. I feel out front or alone sometimes but that's what being a consultant is all about I guess. I'd like a little more control over project choice, and it would be nice to hear from my management team more often. Lunches, etc. I'd like to mentor some people as well.

Advice to Management

More mentor programs, More Work Social events, and contact with my management more often. I like to hear what's new, meet new consultants, give timely feedback about my client, lunch with coworkers I have not yet met, see my management more often. I know they're busy but I'd love some more social events with everyone.

8. Accountant

Former Employee - Accountant in Mansfield, OH
    Former Employee - Accountant in Mansfield, OH

I worked at Accountemps (Less than a year)

Pros

First temp agency that I have worked for that offer benefits if working full time. It was great to have health insurance as a temporary employee.

Cons

Few work opportunities close to home.

9. Accounts Payable Specialist

Current Employee - Accounting Temporary in Buena Vista, VA
    Current Employee - Accounting Temporary in Buena Vista, VA

I have been working at Accountemps (More than a year)

Pros

Great placement and jobs that are a good fit.

Cons

There were no downside accept waiting for assignment.

10. Great Company

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Accountemps (More than a year)

Pros

flexibility of assignments, work schedule, ability to work short-term contract assignments while searching for a good fit

Cons

sometimes presented with positions over-qualified for & therefore paying less

11. No Training, No Commissions, Bad Management, High Turnover

Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Accountemps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Somewhat reputable, stable company. Free lunch occasionally. 10 hours mandatory overtime. Cool new computers that you can take home.

Cons

No training. Essentially, you watch a few videos during the first week and your manager gets you on the phone right away. There is additional training and 5 min meetings but you will lack a lot of skills and industry knowledge. Not only do you have competition from other staffing agencies, but members of your team and other divisions of Robert Half. Many of my deals were blown due to other reps calling them for the same candidates that we were representing. Maybe the implementation of Salesforce would prevent this but it is a flawed CRM system. Management. You may have a different experience but my manager was too busy handling their own book of business to help her team with training. In addition, we were expected to sell for 1 year, yes 1 year with no commissions. The managers get your commission during this time. I witnessed about 5 people quit or otherwise leave this job while I was there. I was only there for 1 month. There is also a mandatory 10 hours of overtime per week. This was not included in the salary offer. Later I found that was with the overtime. I value work life balance and this definitely would have been a game changer.

Advice to Management

Advice to management, get a new manager.

RSS Feed </> Embed