Accountemps
www.accountemps.com Menlo Park, CA

Accountemps Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2014

Accountemps Chairman and CEO Max Messmer Jr.

Max Messmer Jr.

Pros:
  • "They offer online training to aid in experiencing new software"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Great for entry-level to low-specialized employees"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Secondly, No benefits, no insurance, no contract"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Not all temp jobs lead to full-time jobs, but this is to be expected at a temp agency and cannot be truly considered a con"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Satisfied - Efficient and quick

I worked at Accountemps

ProsA variety of interviews available within a reasonable time. Resulted in permanent job placement

ConsNot all temp jobs lead to full-time jobs, but this is to be expected at a temp agency and cannot be truly considered a con.

If you're desperate...

Bookkeeper (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accountemps as a contractor for more than a year

ProsOften have access to temporary assignments that are not available anywhere else.

ConsMay have very little work in your city.
The pay is generally less than the going rate.
Much of the available work will be posted elsewhere and you can apply on your own.
Will post phantom jobs to recruit people to sign up with them.
Will often try to get you to take as little money as possible for a temp assignment.
Will feed you misinformation about an assignment in order to get you to accept assignment.
Then when you inform Accountemps of the misinformation, they blame the client and refuse to renegotiate pay or hours.
In a few instances spent almost as much time trying to get paid by Accountemps as I actually worked for them!

Very helpful

Accounting Clerk (Current Employee)
Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Accountemps as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThey are invested in your level of satisfaction throughout the employment

ConsRobert Half probably gets say $35 an hour and pays you $10. That's the way the temp employment game is though

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Feast or famine, depending on where the winds are blowing

Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Accountemps as a contractor for more than a year

ProsWas readily able to obtain work in the mortgage industry where I had experience. Staffing managers were relatively easy to work with, although I rarely needed time off.

ConsMortgage is somewhat of an outlier for Accountemps, so once the market turned sour, opportunities dried up nearly completely, with hourly salaries offered about 20% lower than they had been. Staffing recruiters, of course, are competing to get the best talent to the clients at the lowest price, not to get you jobs that pay successively higher wages, so be mindful that their ultimate loyalty is to the client relationship and their own monthly numbers, as they too have to meet sales targets.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worst of the Worst Placement Agency!

I have been working at Accountemps

ProsNone, even if I think very hard.

ConsThey post jobs that are non existent, then they tell lies that jobs are filled in just one day after they are posted!

If they call me about an opening and leave me a message, I have always called back in 10 mins or less only to reach a voicemail and they never answer or return my calls or emails. NEVER! This is not just one particular employee at RHI in San Antonio, but all of them are of the same kind.

This is just one big bogus company that is of NO USE to job seekers. Avoid them!

Advice to Senior ManagementOne LIne: Be responsive to your clients.

Great place to gain experience and start networking

Tax and Marketing Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Accountemps full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking for Accountemps allowed me to experience different career paths in a variety of work settings. Most assignments are temporary so there is no longer term commitment. Allowed me to meet several professionals and gain a wealth of experience.

ConsNot a good place to find permanent employment. Some assignments are work-to-hire but most are less than one year. It can sometimes feel like you are given the wrong assignments or that management isn't looking for what benefits you the most.

It's ok

Accounting Clerk (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Accountemps full-time for less than a year

ProsThey will assist you in an very efficient way, good for someone that wants to find an accounting-related position in a short time frame

ConsThe compensation is not that good

Very Unprofessional

Seattle, WA

I worked at Accountemps as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThey got connections to get you in a job if you go along with them.

ConsVery long wait to get my first assignment despite of testing and four intakes at different times with other 3 recruiters and team interview. After four months of wait and after constantly checking in and inquiring, I was just one body to fill a position they needed urgently as their other temp wanted out. Within my first week, I communicated that I didn't feel the employer was a good fit for my life and work balance and performing the job without proper tools for unreasonable number of hours including weekends was draining me . When I shared my difficulties to my representative, she requested I stayed on till another body was found to replace me and then she would find me another work. However, after 1.5 months, I was taken off the assignment immediately without any advance notice and no other job was lined up as assured. After all my phone calls and emails were ignored, I gave a 2-star review on the survey Accountemps sent me. Later, after taking this matter above, I was contacted by my representative, who said that she was offended by my bad review and that she assumed I was not interested in Accountemps helping me find another job. I let her know that I was still interested despite of my review that reflected my real experience and nothing personal against her. Since then, Accountemps seem to blacklist me and that I say is very unprofessional!!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't send surveys to candidates if you don't want to fix your own weak system and only want to hear sugar-coated ratings. Sorry! my ethics don't allow me to misrepresent what I observed personally and that defines my reality.

Avoid!

I worked at Accountemps

ProsNone. I do not have anything good to say about this company. You can find work quick but not any worth having a degree for.

ConsThey find you work quickly but give you a very misleading job description to what you will actually be doing. They use you to make a pretty penny. Do not recommend.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are clients too so treat them like it.

Nice people, but they weren't working for me.

I worked at Accountemps as a contractor for less than a year

ProsMost of the agents I talked to were real friendly.

ConsThey only care about having a body to fill their clients' opening; they didn't care about finding me a job that fit my skills, never mind a position I'd actually enjoy. The evidence: I was only offered positions that I was very over-qualified for. I have a Bachelors in finance and a Masters in business but was just offered jobs like bookkeeping for $12 or $15/hr.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't treat seasoned professionals like inexperienced college grads.

Worked for Accountemps? Contribute to the Community!

Accountemps Videos

Accountemps – Why Work for Us?

Accountemps is the world's first and largest specialized temp agency for accounting, finance and bookkeeping professionals. Our temporary staffing solutions connect highly skilled professionals with the best companies… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accountemps reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Accountemps CEO Max Messmer Jr. All 155 reviews posted anonymously by Accountemps employees.