Accountemps

Accountemps Reviews

Updated January 22, 2015
Updated January 22, 2015
2.9

Accountemps Chairman and CEO Max Messmer Jr.
Max Messmer Jr.

Pros
  • They offer online training to aid in experiencing new software (in 8 reviews)

• Great for entry-level to low-specialized employees (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They heavily undercut you, using the line "Its Temp to Hire" (in 5 reviews)

• Secondly, No benefits, no insurance, no contract (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

This Temp agency will have you going into an assignment blindly...

I worked at Accountemps

Pros

You might be able to get an assignment with a client that is nowhere near what you were looking for to begin with- they recruit for "need" more than for matching you with the appropriate job.

Cons

You get very little information on the assignment, and then you find out later it's nothing like the 4 sentences they use to describe the position.
    The job I applied for was ignored while I was steered to another with a greater need for bodies. They provided me with very little information about the position details - citing that I'd need to talk to the client for more information,but then got rude when I decided not to go through with the assignment after I discovered it wasn't for me.
    They provide very little guidance/support - they never mentioned pay periods and how to enter your time,policies/employee manuals, etc. They were just looking for a commission, I felt.
    The pay mentioned for assignments will change with the wind. I saw $17 on a n announcement, but it changed to $11 when I showed interest.

Hire recruiters that are professional: just because they went to college doesn't guarantee this skill. Mine actually told me that my resume showing a couple yrs of banking, then 10 yrs of straight public administration experience was "all over the place". They kept forgetting what I originally applied for and argued with me when I tried to correct them. After giving up and trying the "accounting" position they had very little information about but announced as being "all she had" available, I found that this position was not accounting, but more simple-minded customer service. I decided to end my assignment early and the recruiter had enough nerve to contact me just to say they don't want to place me on any other assignments because I ended this one too early. News Flash, I ended it because I've found something better! Maybe recruiters can earn some commission if they learn how to properly present the job details to the prospect!

A-CON-Temps

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Accountemps

Pros

None! None! None! None! None!

Cons

Hello, the 80's want their wages back! A period of unemployment does not equate to low-ball hourly rates. Even worse, your recruiters justifying the low wage by taking cheap-shots at 28 yrs. of skills and experience. Paid less than a high school / college intern. I know what my client is paying Accountemps and they are making a ton of money off my back.

Stop exploiting the temporary contractors. And when I call off, don't contact my emergency contacts! This is the greediest agency I have ever worked for, and once I'm finished with this contract-- never again! Medical benefit is horrible.

Rude and unprofessional recruiter

Former Employee - Accountant in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Accountant in Newark, NJ

I worked at Accountemps as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Will get you a job in accounting/finance with a good company

Cons

If you ever worked with them you will know exactly what I am talking about. The recruiter very nice in front of you and acted like they cared about your career but behind your back, they talk mad crap about you. They only care about getting their contract and commissions and very inhuman! If you ever quit when the assignment is ongoing, you will see their true colors, and this is the divisional director that im talking about. If you are desperate for a job, there are PLENTY of great agency out there to work with.

Learn how to be professional when your people decided to quit on the assignment.

Be careful about their service

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Accountemps as a contractor

Pros

TOO many forms to sign

Cons

They will ask you to fill all your personal information including SSN, EAD even passport BEFORE you have conversation. SO you will not know if any position is there for you. If you dont feel comfortable to give your confidential info, they wont talk to you any more and ask you to leave.

Not employee friendly. Can't cash the check.

Current Employee - Data Entry in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Data Entry in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Accountemps as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Unknown. I was told it was a three week assignment, only lasted one week. It took them over a month to get me this assignment.

Cons

Had to make an appointment to get their debit card for my pay. Then they forgot to have me sign a form, sent me running around town to get it to them. Then they mailed the check which took eights days to get. Then Walmart would not cash it. Says a lot about their finances.

Better train your people. More than one person in the office should know what documents are needed for the employee debit card.

horrible experience, the recruiter did not even know my real position or who I actually reported to.

Former Employee - Finance Consultant
    Former Employee - Finance Consultant

I worked at Accountemps part-time

Pros

there are several recruiters that can offer you different positions.

Cons

The person who pitched the job called me a few days later because the company wanted me to go back for a second interview. Instead, they offered me another position without even letting me know the hourly rate. I later found out the position that was initially offered to me was given to another person for less than what was offered to me. I also found out that the recruiters takes 50% of our paychecks.

Staff accountant-temp

I worked at Accountemps full-time

Pros

They introduce you to the clients who potentially be your temp job

Cons

Rep totally screwed me over which made me lose tbs temp job. Thanks a lot. Go back on word, pressure on the temp to choose.

You need to let your candidates that are here for help choose jibs they wAnt to take rather than pressuring them.

Accountemps Fresno is not a cheese line, they are trying to make a profit. How?...

Current Employee - Accountant in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Accountemps part-time (more than a year)

Pros

They try to be as professional as much as they can, but not really. If you have been looking for a job like crazy they will find one for you, but they will under-pay you and assign you to jobs that you are over-qualify to perform. They get 50% of your actual wage. I was making 13.50/hr, but they were charging $27 for every hour I worked to my employer. No benefits at all unless you work a million hours for them first.

Cons

The HR people that assign you to jobs will always under-pay you and their excuse is " it will be a great experience for your resume". However, this location as many others have placed their relatives in great positions. Accontemps spends lots of money in advertising trying to look good, that is why you wont find the truth about this company in other places (Thanks Glassdoor) There are no more good jobs for companies like Accountemps that under-pay their workers and use them to make easy money. I actually think is not ethical to do this, using peoples work, underpaying them and on top of it, if you happen to dislike your job they wont assign you to another position again. In Fresno area I will suggest for you to look for another agency or really keep hunting for a job on your own.

is it ethical what you are doing? it is like exploiting people and paying them nothing.

They say temp to hire just so you will take less money, DO NOT believe them when they say that the job is temp to hire!

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Accountemps full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The online training was helpful

Cons

If the client gives you more responsibility and makes you a supervisor, Accountemps will not increase your salary even if you are makeing less than the other Accountemps employee that you are supervising.

Bait & Switch

Former Employee - Collections A/R
    Former Employee - Collections A/R

I worked at Accountemps as a contractor

Pros

The office was close to home.

Cons

The Woodlands TX office offered me a job in writing with specific pay amount and in the eleventh hour Accounttemps advised the pay now two dollars lower.
    In addition their overall internal and external communications are horrible.

Clean house and stand by your offers.