Accountemps Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014
Updated August 26, 2014

2.9

Accountemps Chairman and CEO Max Messmer Jr.
Max Messmer Jr.

Pros
  • They offer online training to aid in experiencing new software (in 7 reviews)

• Great for entry-level to low-specialized employees (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Secondly, No benefits, no insurance, no contract (in 7 reviews)

• They heavily undercut you, using the line "Its Temp to Hire" (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Business Analyst

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Elmsford, NY
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Elmsford, NY

I have been working at Accountemps as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

They are a large recruiting firm so it should be easy to obtain an assignment.

Cons

I feel as though your recruiter does not have the time to address your needs once you are placed.

Listen to your employees when they want to be re-assigned for any reason. Have more interview preparation for your recruits.

Temp to perm employee

Former Employee - Billing Clerk  in  Dublin, CA
    Former Employee - Billing Clerk in Dublin, CA

I worked at Accountemps full-time for more than a year

Pros

They presented the best jobs with clear career growth in mind.

Cons

Not all offices are as great as those in the bay area.

Remind your recruiters to be respectful of the employees they are placing.

Good for learning the ropes

Former Employee - Recruiting Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Accountemps full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent training ground for teaching what it takes to be successful in recruiting.

Cons

You are expendable. If your GM isn't what it's supposed to be at any given time, you're done.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Easy direct deposit to my account. Easy communicate from hom.

Current Employee - Data Entry  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Data Entry in Miami, FL

I have been working at Accountemps full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You can choose the location and pay to work for.

Cons

no benefits or sick pay

not demand to speak two languages. Pay sick pay after 6 months.

Staff accountant-temp

I worked at Accountemps full-time

Pros

They introduce you to the clients who potentially be your temp job

Cons

Rep totally screwed me over which made me lose tbs temp job. Thanks a lot. Go back on word, pressure on the temp to choose.

You need to let your candidates that are here for help choose jibs they wAnt to take rather than pressuring them.

Accountemps Fresno is not a cheese line, they are trying to make a profit. How?...

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Accountemps part-time for more than a year

Pros

They try to be as professional as much as they can, but not really. If you have been looking for a job like crazy they will find one for you, but they will under-pay you and assign you to jobs that you are over-qualify to perform. They get 50% of your actual wage. I was making 13.50/hr, but they were charging $27 for every hour I worked to my employer. No benefits at all unless you work a million hours for them first.

Cons

The HR people that assign you to jobs will always under-pay you and their excuse is " it will be a great experience for your resume". However, this location as many others have placed their relatives in great positions. Accontemps spends lots of money in advertising trying to look good, that is why you wont find the truth about this company in other places (Thanks Glassdoor) There are no more good jobs for companies like Accountemps that under-pay their workers and use them to make easy money. I actually think is not ethical to do this, using peoples work, underpaying them and on top of it, if you happen to dislike your job they wont assign you to another position again. In Fresno area I will suggest for you to look for another agency or really keep hunting for a job on your own.

is it ethical what you are doing? it is like exploiting people and paying them nothing.

Great Agency

Current Employee - Accounting Temp  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Accounting Temp in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Accountemps as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Called after couple days that I applied a job, and got to meet one of the recruiters one week later. In the same week, they offered me an assignment to work for a big international company. Although it is not good paid, but it is fair for a recent graduates. The staffs are very very nice, and do care about how you feel about the assignment.

Cons

Too bad that there is no raise or bonus even you do a decent job at work. Also, you have to check in with them every week. Sometimes it is just not much to say about work.

Staffing Manager = Pure Stress in my experience

Former Employee - Staffing Manager
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager

I worked at Accountemps full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working as a team. If you get along well with your team, this would be great. Decent base salary to keep you afloat while you get your commission base built up. Generally an encouraging, helpful atmosphere, but that heavily depends on your specific boss and team. Working a two or three week rotation of duties keeps the job more varied and interesting.

Cons

Somewhat high pressure sales environment. If you're used to sales, its probably similar to any other sales position. If you're not used to sales, this may be stressful. In my specific situation, and I think it happens elsewhere as well, they tell you to be prepared to work 7:30 - 5:30, but in reality its often much more than that, especially if you're falling behind on your goals. I happened to have a 2 hour commute round trip, so that compounded the issue. Also, ethics can come into play sometimes as well. Employment ads are placed that are not actual jobs, but just "similar to" jobs that are often placed. Depending on how these are worded, candidates sometimes feel tricked. Basically, if you're pretty good at sales, very good at communication, and know yourself well, this could be a great opportunity. If you lack in any of those areas, then your success or lack thereof will depend heavily on who your working with and whether they are able to help you bring your best game, or whether they impede you from bringing your best. In my case, I was not good at sales to begin with, and my boss was more of an impediment than an aid to turn that around. Also, unless you're excellent at sales, be prepared to work long hours. This varies by location, obviously, but I think it happens quite a bit.

Make it a higher priority to make sure you as leaders and your subordinates down through the company to be out the door no later than 6 or 6:30, especially for those arriving everyday on time at 7:30. Otherwise people are at too high a risk for being burned out, and that is not good for the employee or the company.

Worst Place to Work for

I have been working at Accountemps as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Only you gain some experience

Cons

All they care about is money.

Good

Current Employee - Staffing Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Accountemps full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you want to become a recruiter, RHI / Accountemps will equip you with the best training around.

Cons

No Longevity. People don't stay more than a year or two. We had 4 branch manager come and go during my 1.5 yrs there.

Worked for Accountemps? Contribute to the Community!