Accountemps Reviews

1. Accounting clerk

Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Accountemps (Less than a year)

Pros

great for younger people not sure what company they want to work for

Cons

they will call you as you are driving home, to tell you your assignment is done

Advice to Management

n/a

2. Interviews

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Warren, MI

I worked at Accountemps (Less than a year)

Pros

Word of advice- a little understanding, compassion, and respect goes a long way.

Cons

I'm sorry for being too honest. You should consider candidates with tattoos, piercings, and green hair, they might be less confrontational.

Advice to Management

The management needs to be retrained. They're are crass, inconsiderate, and arrogant. The company will lose the opportunity to hire many good candidates.

3. Accountemps SPS Salaried Professionals Service

Current Employee - Salaried Professional in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Salaried Professional in Irving, TX

I have been working at Accountemps full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are lucky enough to work for the Dallas Irving Fort Worth group, you will love this program. If you are wanting better experience, 40 hour work weeks, interesting projects, challenging roles, job security, huge career perks, competitive pay and to avoid office politics - nothing better is out there. The group I work for are very selective and have very high standards, but if they take you - you're very good at what you do. When I first took this job I only intended to do it for a couple years as the pay was about 10% less than I could get from most companies but after I started the paid overtime, bonuses and job security is a generous number. In DFW the job market is crazy good and there's a nice bonus program in place for SPS which has enabled me to make more money than I ever have in any job so far. I had time to finish my MBA, got my excel certificaton adn my CPA - all of which Robert Half paid for. I like fresh work, variety, working in new areas and being loved by every client I work for. Every client I've worked at has tried to hire me but after 5 years I'm in love with being a consultant. I don't want to go back into all the politics and risk involved with private companies. I'm now better at my craft than most of the CFOs and managers I help. I love telling people I'm a consultant too. Its not for everybody - but if you are wanting to be better at what you do, want the opportunity to learn new things, want to become more marketable to earn more money in the future - 2-3 yrs in SPS will do the trick. I plan to work here until I retire - unless I start my own company.

Cons

Occasionally I have to go out with a team of consultants for emergency projects. M&A, major turnover, IPO, Moves , tax - help a client who has lots of fires. Tons of problems with nobody but us to control them. There's a few projects a year I have to go out to a company that is a catastrophe. So much to do, total rescue effort, basically have to take over for departed CFOs, Controllers and Directors 0 but its usually short as once the fire is under control, we leave. I like working with 4-5 other Salaried Professionals at these projects but its tough work. I'd like to have better contact with co-workers but being a consultant is a choice. I feel out front or alone sometimes but that's what being a consultant is all about I guess. I'd like a little more control over project choice, and it would be nice to hear from my management team more often. Lunches, etc. I'd like to mentor some people as well.

Advice to Management

More mentor programs, More Work Social events, and contact with my management more often. I like to hear what's new, meet new consultants, give timely feedback about my client, lunch with coworkers I have not yet met, see my management more often. I know they're busy but I'd love some more social events with everyone.

meh

Former Employee - Bookkeeper/Acct in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Bookkeeper/Acct in Boston, MA

Pros

the staff att he places i was sent were very nice.

Cons

low pay, frequent turnover in accountemp office so your file gets tossed all over, for women over 50 don't expect the best assignments unless you are a former fortune 500 employee

6. Accountant

Former Employee - Accountant in Mansfield, OH
    Former Employee - Accountant in Mansfield, OH

I worked at Accountemps (Less than a year)

Pros

First temp agency that I have worked for that offer benefits if working full time. It was great to have health insurance as a temporary employee.

Cons

Few work opportunities close to home.

7. Accounts Payable Specialist

Current Employee - Accounting Temporary in Buena Vista, VA
    Current Employee - Accounting Temporary in Buena Vista, VA

I have been working at Accountemps (More than a year)

Pros

Great placement and jobs that are a good fit.

Cons

There were no downside accept waiting for assignment.

8. Great Company

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Accountemps (More than a year)

Pros

flexibility of assignments, work schedule, ability to work short-term contract assignments while searching for a good fit

Cons

sometimes presented with positions over-qualified for & therefore paying less

9. No Training, No Commissions, Bad Management, High Turnover

Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Accountemps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Somewhat reputable, stable company. Free lunch occasionally. 10 hours mandatory overtime. Cool new computers that you can take home.

Cons

No training. Essentially, you watch a few videos during the first week and your manager gets you on the phone right away. There is additional training and 5 min meetings but you will lack a lot of skills and industry knowledge. Not only do you have competition from other staffing agencies, but members of your team and other divisions of Robert Half. Many of my deals were blown due to other reps calling them for the same candidates that we were representing. Maybe the implementation of Salesforce would prevent this but it is a flawed CRM system. Management. You may have a different experience but my manager was too busy handling their own book of business to help her team with training. In addition, we were expected to sell for 1 year, yes 1 year with no commissions. The managers get your commission during this time. I witnessed about 5 people quit or otherwise leave this job while I was there. I was only there for 1 month. There is also a mandatory 10 hours of overtime per week. This was not included in the salary offer. Later I found that was with the overtime. I value work life balance and this definitely would have been a game changer.

Advice to Management

Advice to management, get a new manager.

10. Insurance Verification Specialist/Registration-Charge Entry

Former Employee - Insurance Verification Specialist/Registration-Charge Entry in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Accountemps full-time

Pros

I loved every bit of the job

Cons

there is nothing I did not like with the company

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

11. Hit or miss

Pros

Friendly environment, but still though......

Cons

Even while registered to an agency, your chances of landing a job through here is still not that great regardless.

RSS Feed </> Embed