Accountemps Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Lots of Potential!

Pros

Great Commission and Benefits! Great experience.

Cons

Culture, Work life balance can be hard

2. Staffing manager

Current Employee - Staffing Manager
    Current Employee - Staffing Manager

Pros

Great working environment, you are continuously noticed and appreciated if you work hard. By working hard, your numbers will show, and you will be happy with your bonus. Great team environment.

Cons

Bonus structure, you work hard but do not always see the value in your paycheck

Advice to Management

Have the ability to promote, give raises when performing, and show your appreciation

3. Bookkeeper

Current Employee - Bookkeeping in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Bookkeeping in Portland, OR

Pros

Variety of jobs to do and explore

Cons

I want a permanent job to go to every day

Advice to Management

none

5. Accountemps

Current Employee - Bookkeeper/Accountant in Cleveland, TX
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper/Accountant in Cleveland, TX

I have been working at Accountemps (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

None that i can think of

not good

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Houston, TX

Pros

Havent found any pros yet

Cons

They never keep in touch I have never been given any training for jobs when you call them each monday you cant get hold of anybody and when you see a job and you call them they never repeat never call you back

Advice to Management

When someone calls about a job call them back your playing with peoples futures here

7. Gateway to better opportunities

Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Good stepping stone into corporate recruiting.

Cons

Terrible management at the branch level.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, and get rid of the "my way or the highway mentality."

8. Good way to get experience, but be prepared for a few oddities

Current Employee - Salaried Professional in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Salaried Professional in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Accountemps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great way to gain experience. RHI gets you working ASAP (more billing for them = more work for you)

Cons

Contracts tend to be on the longer side, so don't expect to move around a whole lot. Office team tends to be most in touch when trying to move you between contracts. The rest of the time they tend to ignore you.

9. Only Work Here If You Wish To Go Back To Highschool!

Former Employee - Staffing Manager in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager in The Woodlands, TX

Pros

The benefits and salary i guess!

Cons

Yes benefits and salary are nice, but at what cost to your dignity? Turnover rate at this company is extremely high and the strife you go through there is just not worth it in the end. People are always backstabbing each other and gossiping and just being extremely unprofessional overall. Think you can talk to management about this? guess again! the managers are the ones acting this way! You get ahead in this company by playing politics and favorites. If you aren't a favorite then prepare to be the whipping boy for all problems that arise. I have seen the worst salespeople be given the best opportunity to get ahead not by hard work, but by being best friends with management. They are not looking for hard workers, they are looking for members for a 2nd rate sorority hence the title! When things get tough watch your back because everyone will try to steal credit from you including the manager. Another issue, upper management has no idea what direction they are going to take ever! Your role can change often to the point that you don't know what you are even doing! Everyone there talks like a valley girl and they take much pride in having a vain existence. If you are a true professional and you are hoping to collaborate with other true professionals then i would pass on this opportunity. I wish I had. Before I accepted this role, I was told this very thing by another employer that I had an offer from, but I decided not to heed the warning due to medical benefits being extended from accountemps. In the end, it wasn't worth all the drama and i probably missed out on a great long term opportunity with great people elsewhere. The whole experience was very demoralizing.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites and politics. Be true leaders if you wish to motivate your employees!

Dazed and Confused

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at Accountemps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My first Temp to Hire position with this company. - The Representatives are super nice on the phone. - They are very sympathetic and mentoring when I had concerns about the position I was placed in. - Great for someone just looking for work, or fresh out of college.

Cons

- Don't return phone calls in a timely manner, if at all. - Pay rate is low for Temporary placements. - Not eager to find you another position if you are not satisfied with the one you are in is not working out. - It appeared as though as long as you were bring in revenue they dodged your appeals.

Advice to Management

Solidify your staff management team. Be more responsive to your placements. Consider a lower commission for your company so that you can increase the pay of your placements.

Account Payable Clerk

I have been working at Accountemps part-time

Pros

It's a great company to start with your career and build up your experience. Especially, when you are pursing your academic achievement.

Cons

The pay is low. And there are not much things to learn.

RSS Feed </> Embed