Accountemps

Accountemps Reviews

Updated January 26, 2015
Updated January 26, 2015
2.8

Accountemps Chairman and CEO Max Messmer Jr.
Max Messmer Jr.

Pros
  • They offer online training to aid in experiencing new software (in 8 reviews)

• Great for entry-level to low-specialized employees (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They heavily undercut you, using the line "Its Temp to Hire" (in 5 reviews)

• Secondly, No benefits, no insurance, no contract (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Be careful about their service

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Accountemps as a contractor

Pros

TOO many forms to sign

Cons

They will ask you to fill all your personal information including SSN, EAD even passport BEFORE you have conversation. SO you will not know if any position is there for you. If you dont feel comfortable to give your confidential info, they wont talk to you any more and ask you to leave.

Appears Supportive, but exploitative

Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Accountemps full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The staff was helpful and found me work within days of signing up. Online training is offered.

Cons

Hard to move from temp position to permanent position because of contract terms. Because of that - it is possible to get into the trap of never moving from the temp position to a permanent position. Accoutemps take a large percentage of the salary - it seems exploitative. Would recommend for a very short term - but be diligent about looking for other employment.

None.

Business Analyst

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Elmsford, NY
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Elmsford, NY

I have been working at Accountemps as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

They are a large recruiting firm so it should be easy to obtain an assignment.

Cons

I feel as though your recruiter does not have the time to address your needs once you are placed.

Listen to your employees when they want to be re-assigned for any reason. Have more interview preparation for your recruits.

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Data Entry Clerk in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Data Entry Clerk in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Accountemps as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Project on case to case basis. Pay is high $14.00 per hour.

Cons

There are not enough projects or assignements. Not ideal to support a family.

Utilize enough employees to be sent to their clients.

Temp to perm employee

Former Employee - Billing Clerk in Dublin, CA
    Former Employee - Billing Clerk in Dublin, CA

I worked at Accountemps full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They presented the best jobs with clear career growth in mind.

Cons

Not all offices are as great as those in the bay area.

Remind your recruiters to be respectful of the employees they are placing.

Good for learning the ropes

Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Accountemps full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent training ground for teaching what it takes to be successful in recruiting.

Cons

You are expendable. If your GM isn't what it's supposed to be at any given time, you're done.

Easy direct deposit to my account. Easy communicate from hom.

Current Employee - Data Entry in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Data Entry in Miami, FL

I have been working at Accountemps full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You can choose the location and pay to work for.

Cons

no benefits or sick pay

not demand to speak two languages. Pay sick pay after 6 months.

Great Agency

Current Employee - Accounting Temp in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Accounting Temp in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Accountemps as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Called after couple days that I applied a job, and got to meet one of the recruiters one week later. In the same week, they offered me an assignment to work for a big international company. Although it is not good paid, but it is fair for a recent graduates. The staffs are very very nice, and do care about how you feel about the assignment.

Cons

Too bad that there is no raise or bonus even you do a decent job at work. Also, you have to check in with them every week. Sometimes it is just not much to say about work.

Not employee friendly. Can't cash the check.

Current Employee - Data Entry in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Data Entry in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Accountemps as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Unknown. I was told it was a three week assignment, only lasted one week. It took them over a month to get me this assignment.

Cons

Had to make an appointment to get their debit card for my pay. Then they forgot to have me sign a form, sent me running around town to get it to them. Then they mailed the check which took eights days to get. Then Walmart would not cash it. Says a lot about their finances.

Better train your people. More than one person in the office should know what documents are needed for the employee debit card.

Staffing Manager = Pure Stress in my experience

Former Employee - Staffing Manager
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager

I worked at Accountemps full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working as a team. If you get along well with your team, this would be great. Decent base salary to keep you afloat while you get your commission base built up. Generally an encouraging, helpful atmosphere, but that heavily depends on your specific boss and team. Working a two or three week rotation of duties keeps the job more varied and interesting.

Cons

Somewhat high pressure sales environment. If you're used to sales, its probably similar to any other sales position. If you're not used to sales, this may be stressful. In my specific situation, and I think it happens elsewhere as well, they tell you to be prepared to work 7:30 - 5:30, but in reality its often much more than that, especially if you're falling behind on your goals. I happened to have a 2 hour commute round trip, so that compounded the issue. Also, ethics can come into play sometimes as well. Employment ads are placed that are not actual jobs, but just "similar to" jobs that are often placed. Depending on how these are worded, candidates sometimes feel tricked. Basically, if you're pretty good at sales, very good at communication, and know yourself well, this could be a great opportunity. If you lack in any of those areas, then your success or lack thereof will depend heavily on who your working with and whether they are able to help you bring your best game, or whether they impede you from bringing your best. In my case, I was not good at sales to begin with, and my boss was more of an impediment than an aid to turn that around. Also, unless you're excellent at sales, be prepared to work long hours. This varies by location, obviously, but I think it happens quite a bit.

Make it a higher priority to make sure you as leaders and your subordinates down through the company to be out the door no later than 6 or 6:30, especially for those arriving everyday on time at 7:30. Otherwise people are at too high a risk for being burned out, and that is not good for the employee or the company.