Accountemps Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
Updated September 12, 2014
2.9

Accountemps Chairman and CEO Max Messmer Jr.
Max Messmer Jr.

Pros
  • They offer online training to aid in experiencing new software (in 7 reviews)

• Great for entry-level to low-specialized employees (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Secondly, No benefits, no insurance, no contract (in 7 reviews)

• They heavily undercut you, using the line "Its Temp to Hire" (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Worst of the Worst Placement Agency!

I have been working at Accountemps

Pros

None, even if I think very hard.

Cons

They post jobs that are non existent, then they tell lies that jobs are filled in just one day after they are posted!

If they call me about an opening and leave me a message, I have always called back in 10 mins or less only to reach a voicemail and they never answer or return my calls or emails. NEVER! This is not just one particular employee at RHI in San Antonio, but all of them are of the same kind.

This is just one big bogus company that is of NO USE to job seekers. Avoid them!

One LIne: Be responsive to your clients.

Satisfied - Efficient and quick

I worked at Accountemps

Pros

A variety of interviews available within a reasonable time. Resulted in permanent job placement

Cons

Not all temp jobs lead to full-time jobs, but this is to be expected at a temp agency and cannot be truly considered a con.

Very helpful

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Accountemps as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They are invested in your level of satisfaction throughout the employment

Cons

Robert Half probably gets say $35 an hour and pays you $10. That's the way the temp employment game is though

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Feast or famine, depending on where the winds are blowing

Former Employee - Loan Document Specialist  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Loan Document Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Accountemps as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Was readily able to obtain work in the mortgage industry where I had experience. Staffing managers were relatively easy to work with, although I rarely needed time off.

Cons

Mortgage is somewhat of an outlier for Accountemps, so once the market turned sour, opportunities dried up nearly completely, with hourly salaries offered about 20% lower than they had been. Staffing recruiters, of course, are competing to get the best talent to the clients at the lowest price, not to get you jobs that pay successively higher wages, so be mindful that their ultimate loyalty is to the client relationship and their own monthly numbers, as they too have to meet sales targets.

Great place to gain experience and start networking

Former Employee - Tax and Marketing Consultant
    Former Employee - Tax and Marketing Consultant

I worked at Accountemps full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for Accountemps allowed me to experience different career paths in a variety of work settings. Most assignments are temporary so there is no longer term commitment. Allowed me to meet several professionals and gain a wealth of experience.

Cons

Not a good place to find permanent employment. Some assignments are work-to-hire but most are less than one year. It can sometimes feel like you are given the wrong assignments or that management isn't looking for what benefits you the most.

Very Unprofessional

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Accountemps as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They got connections to get you in a job if you go along with them.

Cons

Very long wait to get my first assignment despite of testing and four intakes at different times with other 3 recruiters and team interview. After four months of wait and after constantly checking in and inquiring, I was just one body to fill a position they needed urgently as their other temp wanted out. Within my first week, I communicated that I didn't feel the employer was a good fit for my life and work balance and performing the job without proper tools for unreasonable number of hours including weekends was draining me . When I shared my difficulties to my representative, she requested I stayed on till another body was found to replace me and then she would find me another work. However, after 1.5 months, I was taken off the assignment immediately without any advance notice and no other job was lined up as assured. After all my phone calls and emails were ignored, I gave a 2-star review on the survey Accountemps sent me. Later, after taking this matter above, I was contacted by my representative, who said that she was offended by my bad review and that she assumed I was not interested in Accountemps helping me find another job. I let her know that I was still interested despite of my review that reflected my real experience and nothing personal against her. Since then, Accountemps seem to blacklist me and that I say is very unprofessional!!

Don't send surveys to candidates if you don't want to fix your own weak system and only want to hear sugar-coated ratings. Sorry! my ethics don't allow me to misrepresent what I observed personally and that defines my reality.

Treated Horribly

Current Employee - Medical Biller  in  Sterling Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Medical Biller in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at Accountemps full-time for less than a year

Pros

Only pro that I could say was they were quick in placing me. Other wise I can not say anything good about my experience.

Cons

I was placed in a job that when I got to the office, turned out to be in a very small room with folding tables and 6 other people all of whom were very chatty. All of the work was done on very small 10" lap tops. I could not concentrate or focus on the job that needed to be done with all of this. I called Account Temps and told them of the situation. The first woman I talked to was sympathetic and said they had a lot of other assignments they could send me on, but she never called me back. I waited a week and called them back to see if there were any jobs open. I was told by another person that I accepted the assignment and that they spent money on me doing a background check, and they didn't do business like that and did not want to have any thing more to do with me.

I do not know if this is the way you treat your employees, I am new to the temp service area. I have over 20 years with the same company and consider myself a good employee and hard worker. I have to say if this is truly your policy and the way you treat people I am not sure how you have stayed in business.

Avoid!

I worked at Accountemps

Pros

None. I do not have anything good to say about this company. You can find work quick but not any worth having a degree for.

Cons

They find you work quickly but give you a very misleading job description to what you will actually be doing. They use you to make a pretty penny. Do not recommend.

Employees are clients too so treat them like it.

It's ok

Former Employee - Accounting Clerk  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Accountemps full-time for less than a year

Pros

They will assist you in an very efficient way, good for someone that wants to find an accounting-related position in a short time frame

Cons

The compensation is not that good

Nice people, but they weren't working for me.

I worked at Accountemps as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Most of the agents I talked to were real friendly.

Cons

They only care about having a body to fill their clients' opening; they didn't care about finding me a job that fit my skills, never mind a position I'd actually enjoy. The evidence: I was only offered positions that I was very over-qualified for. I have a Bachelors in finance and a Masters in business but was just offered jobs like bookkeeping for $12 or $15/hr.

Don't treat seasoned professionals like inexperienced college grads.

Accountemps Photos

Our Richmond, VA, team volunteering at an adult care facility.
Our colleagues donated their time to help St. Jude’s Ranch in Las Vegas.
Kudos to our Modesto and Visalia teams for collecting suits for our 2013 Suit Drive.
Accountemps staffing professionals at the 2013 Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance conference in Indianapolis.

+ Add Photo

Worked for Accountemps? Contribute to the Community!