www.accredo.com

Patient Care Advocate

Current Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Accredo Health

Pros

The starting salary matches what other call centers in Nashville Tn pay. It appears that the leadership staff is friendly and it doesn't appear to have the "us against them environment." The training is six weeks 3 weeks of classroom and three weeks of on the job where you start taking calls. There was very good support to help you if you have a question. The shifts offered are very good for a call center. 8am to 7pm with no weekends. They do have a work at home opportunities.

Cons

I am new. I started in October 13 of 2014 so I haven't been there long enough. The training wasn't as organized as it could have been. They didn't have dummy accounts to practice on how to take an order from when the patient calls in till the end of the call.

If a PCA sends an email with a question they have to their supervisor or anyone in leadership they need to respond back and let them know they have received the question and how long it will take to resolve the issue and keep the PCA informed of the status of the request until it has been resolved. Here is an example; I was having an issue of logging in and out for my lunches with the system they use. While reviewing my log in and log out report it appeared that I hadn't logged back in from lunch. I advised my supervisor of the issue using the reporting template that is required I still see that it has been fixed. That was on a Tuesday and the weekend is here and no resolution or communication has been given.

Current Employee - Pca in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Pca in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Accredo Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice place to work if you love helping others. Do not see much room for promotion now. Excellent benefit package.

Cons

I do not see opportunities for future growth yet, but I have been focusing on mastering my current role first.

Continue to seek to hire people who are going to take care of the patients.

Decent Pay, Great work environment

I have been working at Accredo Health

Pros

Weekends off, relaxed dress code, great environment

Cons

Gets repetitive and a lot of micro managing goes on

Professional company

Current Employee - RN; IV Field Staff in Elmsford, NY
    Current Employee - RN; IV Field Staff in Elmsford, NY

I have been working at Accredo Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits; 401k with match

Cons

All corporate they lost their personal edge!

Leadership is some areas is outdated.

Fast paced growing company, but leadership needs improving

Former Employee - Reimbursement in Warrendale, PA
    Former Employee - Reimbursement in Warrendale, PA

I worked at Accredo Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Big fans of work at home for many of their positions and departments. Good benefits and overtime possibilities.

Cons

Many leadership changes, salary just average. Culture is very corporate so if looking for that small company feel this is not the place for you. Things went downhill once acquired by Express Scripts.

Since ESI acquired the company, there's no sense of doing what's right for both the employee and patient.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Accredo Health full-time

Pros

Regular check, communications about company status good

Cons

Review system is biased and unfair, ESI leadership doesn't value Accredo employees, no engagement

Read your values and figure out if your leadership is demonstrating those. It will be a hard task due to fear of punitive measures if you really share your thoughts

Exciting at first, but eventually flames out.

Current Employee - Accounting Assistant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Accounting Assistant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Accredo Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, PTO, occasional events and activities for informal employee interaction.

Cons

Too many cooks in the kitchen, blatant favoritism, advancement opportunities are few and far between, management is not in tune with employees. Things really started to sour after the merger with Medco. Although no merger of that size will be easy, it seems as though leadership forgot that their employees are the ones to help make the merger a success. There's no cohesion between Medco and ESI which in the end is causing patients to suffer. Also lately there haven't been clear answers to questions on how logistics within work.

Attempt to create a more professional environment which can help change the tone of the atmosphere. Also avoid to inhibit personality. Remember you are supervising people, not the bottom line.

Robot mentality and you're good to go.

Former Employee - Patient Representative in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Patient Representative in Memphis, TN

I worked at Accredo Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits were pretty good. Some good perks in the break room like free coffee.

Cons

Leadership: management consisted of ALL females. The only male manager was forced to quit. Being a male, I knew I could not strive for anything more than what I was doing. Bonus and pay raises were so hard to attain that I just did enough to squeak by because excelling there meant nothing. The company strived to hire mostly, if not only, college grads but some of them couldn't even tie their shoes...nice college degree, no common sense.

Upper management clueless as to what goes on out on the floor. They act like prima donna and no real concern for the employees. Suggest surprise visits by upper management from HQ. Revamp the whole incentive program.

It is what you make it. Low pay...performance based incentive.

Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Accredo Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

it is what you make of it. Nothing positive that sticks this place out more than other call centers to be honest.

Cons

call center managers, floor supervisors are lacking. Getting something resolved you may feel you are dealing with semi incompetent people. Back to back calls are very repetitive and the pay is ridiculous. Performance oriented commission that most ppl do not consistently obtain on Accredo Orlando.

Pay your front line better pay. You are a multi million company with lousy pay for your front line. That would definitely improve customer service on the phones. Floor reps have low morale and constantly looking for employment elsewhere.

Incompetent leadership

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Accredo Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

PTO, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and insurance. Employee discounts and job stability if you keep a low profile and stay 'under the radar'.

Cons

Management consists of the "Mommy Club", if your not in their group you work a crappy schedule, you're expected to do more work, and you don't get favorable treatment. No 'brown-nose'=No 'Special Projects'

Dump all of the supervisors and senior management and either hire more men or hire management that want to see their employees excel and are concerned about proper training. Not numbers over quality. I'm not surprised the Indy location has been through 6 take-overs. I've been with this company 6 years.

Accredo Health Photos