Accretive Health
www.accretivehealth.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Accretive Health Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Stephen Schuckenbrock

Pros:
  • "Results based promotional track allowing for hard working individuals to excel quickly to higher levels"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Develop a strong understanding of hosptal revenue cycle and insurance companies"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours (which is expected), need more involvment from HR and Corporate"
    in 14 reviews
  • "The work-life balance can be difficult"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

No guidance or training program available

Operations Lead (Former Employee)

ProsGet your foot through the door with other companies, learn how hospital revenue cycling works by actually getting involved with the work,

ConsSome sites do not have a good client relationship and clients will resent you, hires too many young college recruits to save money, no training is offer whatsoever, management does not focus on the team as a whole, no employee engagement activities

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the new CEO, the company seems to be going down a better path and I have high hopes now. Division heads: Pay attention to your employees!!

Accretive Health

Operations Lead (Former Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsThis is a great place to learn about revenue cycle as the company is very much hands on with the improvement every client's revenue cycle.

ConsAccretive needs to significantly improve its promotion process.

Advice to Senior ManagementSetup clear metrics for people to be promoted so there is an incentive to stay.

Unpleasant

PBS Representative (Former Employee)
    Southfield, MI

ProsIt was an opportunity to return to work after a three year medical leave.

ConsAbsolutely no training. Individuals are at the mercy of the staff at whatever hospital you're assigned to. After two years of service I was layed off after they hired three new employees. Moving on to a much better opportunity! Also they must have a policy to keep employees as contingent staff to save on helathcare cost. As well as not allowing the assigned facility to hire you as a part of their facility.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee relations need a great deal of improvement!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Accretive Health, A Decent Place to Grow

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFlexibility, independence, marginal career development programs, ability to shine based on work ethic/intelligence/motivation

ConsNon-competitive pay compared to competitors in the industry, stock awards are trash due to stock price.
    Results are never good enough for Leadership. Gain-share model means that strong performance is often overlooked.

great company

Prosgood pay provided great benefits

Consmanagement is pretty bad and not much room for promotion

Advice to Senior Managementcare about your employees more

Best Company to grow professionally while making a difference in the world of healthcare!

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

Pros- World-class leadership team committed to 'transform' the world of healthcare in the US.
    - Sky is the limit - being a relatively young company, there are plenty of great opportunities in multiple areas.
    - Formal focus on cutting edge leadership practices: Inverted Pyramid (org chart); Servant Leadership; Self-organizing, High Performance, Agile Teams.

Cons- Personally, I don't see any 'cons' here :)
    - But, I can guess some non-traditional, innovative, entrepreneurial, practices may be perceived "difficult" by traditional thinkers.
    - Being a young company that has grown so fast in such a short time frame, you will see some 'informality' in certain areas.

Advice to Senior Management- Frankly, I am here mainly because of the excellent senior leadership team, their vision, and visible commitment to make a "real difference" in the world of healthcare. My advice would be to keep relentlessly focusing on achieving the Healthcare Triple Aim - High Quality Healthcare experience for individual patients and Improved Population Health, at Lower Costs.

I like working for Accretive

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat career opportunities, opportunity to travel, excellent business model

ConsVery competitive which can be intimidating to some.

AH is a young company that is fun and takes care of its employees

Senior Operations Lead (Current Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

Prosfun and energetic leadership. They have a mentorship program that has been very beneficial to professional development.

Conslocations and travel can be difficult. Some locations are in high cost of living areas

Advice to Senior Managementneed a more inclusive revenue cycle development training to keep up with current trends. A quarterly webinar would be beneficial.

Negative and toxic environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay was very good (above average) and the vacation was great (5 weeks). There was a good amount of schedule flexibility.

ConsLeadership condoned and promoted gossip, backstabbing and doing whatever it took to get to the top - certain individuals were definitely tapped for these positions which resulted in a rendition of 'the hunger games'. Company has questionable billing practices and ways of recognizing revenue....which is exactly why they are in the position they are now and many of the top execs jumping ship to save face when the ball drops to the bottom.

Great Place To Work!

ProsInteresting Projects, Great Workforce and Smart People.

ConsHectic and Very Tight Schedules A Bit Challenging At Times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Worked for Accretive Health? Contribute to the Community!

Accretive Health Videos

Accretive Health – Why Work for Us?

Accretive Health is a highly entrepreneurial company focused on changing the way hospitals operate in the 21st Century. We are a fast-growing company built on the strongest team and technology in a unique company… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accretive Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Accretive Health CEO Stephen Schuckenbrock. All 198 reviews posted anonymously by Accretive Health employees.