Accretive Health Reviews

Updated April 15, 2015
248 reviews filtered by
2.6
Emad Rizk

Pros
  • Results based promotional track allowing for hard working individuals to excel quickly to higher levels (in 12 reviews)

• Develop a strong understanding of hosptal revenue cycle and insurance companies (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Can sometimes be long hours but if you are willing to work hard then the payoff is worth it (in 15 reviews)

• Problems with work/life balance, its definitely a sink or swim mentality (in 8 reviews)

1. Slowly moving in the right direction, but there are still issues

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Accretive Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are talented people that work at this company. If you find them, work with them and learn from them then your time is well spent. This is a company that values driven people who do not wait around for someone to tell them to do something. If you are not comfortable speaking up and are not persistent with your ideas then you will probably not move up in the company. The environment can be competitive but at the same time your team feels like family. There has been a lot of turnover at the company over the last year but the employees that are still there are invested in making the company better.

Cons

Management is oblivious to how the company is actually running. It is up to lower level employees to put together a strategy and keep this company from sinking. Not really sure what Management is doing or thinking. Their decisions rarely make sense and they are always contradicting themselves. The business and IT organizations are in two completely different galaxies and it makes getting anything done extremely difficult.

Advice to Management

1. Get yourselves on the same page
    2. Make good decisions. There were far too many times I saw VPs making a decision to cover their butt instead of owning up and finding a solution to the problem.
    3. Clearly communicate with your employees. There are talented people at this company and those that continue to stay aren't staying because they don't have other job offers. If Management doesn't get it together I'm sure it won't be long before the talented people give up on them and move on to a company that listens and can get itself together.

2. Employee

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Employees such as your team members and team leads also department leads. Love our clients also

Cons

System issues are the only thing consistent, bonus structure is based on Tiers Ex,) If you bring in over $100000 you potentially will only receive less than $2000 in commission. Top down company and needs to increase base pay.

Advice to Management

Please work not just for your clients but your employees they feel unappreciated and that's very consistent.

3. not very stable

Former Employee - Medical Coding Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Medical Coding Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Accretive Health

Pros

entry level coding job with no prior experience

Cons

very unstable, things change day to day

Advice to Management

need better management, too many changes too frequently.

5. Senior Operations Lead

I worked at Accretive Health

Pros

Good Experience wearing multiple hats

Cons

More work and responsibility was given without a change in title/pay. Did not respect employees well.

6. I gain knowledge in the appeals process.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Accretive Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The employees are friendly and helpful. The positions are interesting. It was great to have the ability to work from home or the office.

Cons

The employees were stressed with the increased work load and managed with fear of losing their jobs. The on the job training was very weak and work performance was expected to be perfect. With personnel cutbacks there were increased errors by all staff members in the chain of review documentation.

Advice to Management

They need to place the importance on training and use a double check method to decrease errors in production of appeals.

7. Joke

I worked at Accretive Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Management completely overwhelmed and under qualified.

Cons

salary and pay was below average

Advice to Management

get real

8. Great new leadership team. Approachable and significant healthcare knowledge.

Current Employee - Ops Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Ops Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

New team is very connected to employees. They are trying to change culture. Very focused on growth and operations> New financial controls are great.

Cons

Change is hard, old culture and some people are not helping with change.

Advice to Management

keep it up. Stay on the path you are taking. Do not let old culture stop you.

Revenue Cycle Manager

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Accretive Health

Pros

The company offers a Decent Pay

Cons

The VP's rarely come around and do not understand the people that work for the company. Most of the employees feel that evaluations and bonuses are not paid out consistently or fairly.

Advice to Management

More training is needed.

10. A good place to work.

Current Contractor - BI Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - BI Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Accretive health is really a good place to work. Very Good working environment, Flexible time. Free lunch hour. It is in the heart of downtown chicago.

Cons

I dont see any Cons as long as you are good on your Subject.

11. Started as a very exciting opportunity and ended as the worst experience of my career

Former Employee - Appeals
    Former Employee - Appeals

I worked at Accretive Health (more than 3 years)

Pros

my coworkers, feel proud of all I contributed, learned a lot about the business

Cons

management does not communicate or value its employees. Requests for information or suggestions for improvements meet with either no response at all (most often), degrading responses or patronizing responses. This occurring while the corporate all hands meetings are emphasizing "transparency" and "getting out of our silos". If it is not in the best interests of those in power, your ideas will not be considered or acknowledged, no matter how much you bring or how hard you work. I enjoyed all I learned and feel that I contributed a lot but left feeling like it didn't matter at all.