Accretive Health
www.accretivehealth.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Accretive Health Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Stephen Schuckenbrock

Pros:
  • "Results based promotional track allowing for hard working individuals to excel quickly to higher levels"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Develop a strong understanding of hosptal revenue cycle and insurance companies"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "May be difficult for some to adjust to long hours and workload"
    in 14 reviews
  • "The work-life balance can be difficult"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Culture Change to Servant Leadership is a good thing

Corporate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time for more than 3 years

ProsChange in culture over the past few months has been great - now focused on what we should be, patients and clients instead of the arrogance and big egos that used to be here. Much more respectful and humble. The changes are positive and Steve is a great leader - open and honest

Conslegacy issues that we are still dealing with

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing - it's making a difference

A Company In Transition

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Accretive Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros1) Tremendous people - the team represents a unique blend of career healthcare professionals, career consultants from other industries and process excellence from other industries
2) Tremendous IP - some of its greatest assets may be hidden from view
3) Great customers - never met a customer who wasn't excited about the innovation we were jointly driving

Cons1) Some of its greatest assets aren't being leveraged in front of all customers
2) Management is straining to make substantial changes on many fronts

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your people.

Accretive Health

I have been working at Accretive Health

ProsGreat opportunity to grow out of college

ConsThe work-life balance can be difficult

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

BI Lead

Business Intelligence Lead (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time for less than a year

ProsIt is still a new and growing department. The work is challenging, but you are constantly learning something new and gaining a variety of experience.

ConsOther departments are not as organized and can be frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving a better plan/idea of department goals and procedures would be helpful.

Still working through major changes and challenges from the past

I have been working at Accretive Health

ProsThe people are incredibly bright and innovative so you're always working with a team that has great capability. The existing client base is well respected and as an employee you have access to a robust learning environment.

ConsThe challenges really are around the past history and continued concerns fueled by lingering issues that hinder new sales and growth. This makes hitting targets tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementRebrand the organization and put forth a visionary plan of how Accretive adds value to the health care economy.

Delisting - Unaware of the core business

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Accretive Health full-time for more than a year

ProsReally good team to work with. Everyone knows their role, and everyone is willing to help out.

ConsLack of communication between each functional team, and especially with the upper management. Also the upper management is unaware of the current situation of the company, for instance, they didn't realize how much time the restatement was going to take, which eventually led to the stock getting delisted from NYSE.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind out how to gain more marketshare, since a lot of the bigger clients contracts are coming to an end. Also, determine what value are added to the client's process, why do the clients need our help.

Growing Pains

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat learning opportunities, especially if you are a new grad. A lot of really smart people work here. The new leadership team seems to be taking the company in a good direction, which will both stabilize the company and open some growth opportunities. New CEO, COO, and other execs really value input from employees at all levels.

ConsCommunication is improving, but is inconsistent. Company has gone through a lot of turnover at top - a lot of instability and fear among staff while changes shake out. Going to take time to get changes that need to be made in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication. Front-line associates need to be able to see and support the vision of the company as it goes through changes.

Great Experience

Senior Operations Lead (Former Employee)

I worked at Accretive Health full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of opportunity for intelligent people to accept a lot of responsibility quickly. Learned a ton about revenue cycle and got some excellent leadership projects.

ConsHard work with lots of politics and leadership does not appreciate/reward the employee for their work

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on your employees, when you start taking advantage of them the deliverable depreciates rapidly.

Great potential to grow

Director (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time for more than a year

ProsThe new leadership has brought positive change and a refreshing example of how we will grow.

ConsGive some of the individual contributors the ability to provide input, especially the ones that have tenure

Advice to Senior ManagementContinute to focus on our growth model, and hire exceptional people to take us there

Not what I hoped for

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time

ProsI worked with very Intelligent people

ConsNot sure what my role really entailed.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome roles need more definition around them.

Worked for Accretive Health? Contribute to the Community!

Accretive Health Videos

Accretive Health – Why Work for Us?

Accretive Health is a highly entrepreneurial company focused on changing the way hospitals operate in the 21st Century. We are a fast-growing company built on the strongest team and technology in a unique company… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accretive Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Accretive Health CEO Stephen Schuckenbrock. All 187 reviews posted anonymously by Accretive Health employees.