Accretive Health

Updated December 1, 2014
Updated December 1, 2014
2.8

Emad Rizk

Pros
  • Results based promotional track allowing for hard working individuals to excel quickly to higher levels (in 12 reviews)

• Develop a strong understanding of hosptal revenue cycle and insurance companies (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Can sometimes be long hours but if you are willing to work hard then the payoff is worth it (in 15 reviews)

• Problems with work/life balance, its definitely a sink or swim mentality (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Accretive Health

Pros

Always room to advance if you put in the effort.

Cons

None that I can think of.

None

Great potential to grow

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The new leadership has brought positive change and a refreshing example of how we will grow.

Cons

Give some of the individual contributors the ability to provide input, especially the ones that have tenure

Continute to focus on our growth model, and hire exceptional people to take us there

Continuously positive interactions with everyone in the entire time I have worked here.

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They are respectful and treat people well. The salary and benefits are great, too!

Cons

Day to day communication with remote workers can be an obstacle.

No advice. You seem to be making the right moves, and I'd follow that Dell guy anywhere.

Added advanced skills in process improvement, implementation, team management and data analysis.

Current Employee - Manager in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time

Pros

AH is always looking for new and advanced ways to assist our clients and employees with future success. AH demonstrates the best interest in employees and the teams within all areas.

Cons

Career advancment seems to be difficult even based on past and current experiences.

I have been looking for career advancement and upon my hiring was informed that based on my overall experience and knowledge I would be qualified for a fast track in career movement. I really enjoy working for AH and would like to take my KSA's to the next level.

Best Company to grow professionally while making a difference in the world of healthcare!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- World-class leadership team committed to 'transform' the world of healthcare in the US.
    - Sky is the limit - being a relatively young company, there are plenty of great opportunities in multiple areas.
    - Formal focus on cutting edge leadership practices: Inverted Pyramid (org chart); Servant Leadership; Self-organizing, High Performance, Agile Teams.

Cons

- Personally, I don't see any 'cons' here :)
    - But, I can guess some non-traditional, innovative, entrepreneurial, practices may be perceived "difficult" by traditional thinkers.
    - Being a young company that has grown so fast in such a short time frame, you will see some 'informality' in certain areas.

- Frankly, I am here mainly because of the excellent senior leadership team, their vision, and visible commitment to make a "real difference" in the world of healthcare. My advice would be to keep relentlessly focusing on achieving the Healthcare Triple Aim - High Quality Healthcare experience for individual patients and Improved Population Health, at Lower Costs.

It has been a great experience working with accretive health.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work environment is very good and Senior management is very much supporting. Good things are there to learn there.

Cons

I dont find any thing that is to be criticized

Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Operations Lead
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Lead

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Culture promotes self direction and innovation. Little micro-management on Operations side.

Cons

Company is riddled with public relations issues. While they are not completey meritted, they affect morale and create concern for future compensation.

Create concrete growth structure with absolute bonus recogition metrics.

Extremely Valuable Growth Experience

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No where else will you find the opportunity to take on so much responsibility at such an early point in your career. Management experience is key in career growth and to have an understanding and an opportunity to manage in a number of ways has been essential to my progression and a professional.

More and more stock is being put into growth of talent and leadership. Executives are no longer satisfied with orientation and in field training (this takes place), but in depth learning and training in a classroom and organized setting is taking place and employees are flourishing.

The career acceleration has been flattering and more than acceptable. I personally have been recognized a number of ways for my hard work and commitment. Each time makes me grateful for my managers who recognize me and for senior leaders for asking for such recommendations to highlight. If you work hard, collaborate well, and get results, there is no way not to be recognized in this company (which is a benefit of how the feedback loops work).

There has been a clear effort to provide clear and precise feedback in a method that is welcoming and constructive.

Cons

Traveler location could be better. There are folks that travel from longer locations (based on need) when they could be placed closer.

Rewarding opportunity to build my skillset/network, propelling my career forward with an industry leader in innovation

Current Employee - Operations Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Flat corporate structure allowing for project ownership & exposure to senior leadership early on in your career
    2. Results based promotional track allowing for hard working individuals to excel quickly to higher levels
    3. Continuous expansion into new lines of services providing employees with wide-ranging opportunities in terms of career track and professional development

Cons

1. Results based promotional track allowing for hard working individuals to excel quickly to higher levels: If you are not a hardworking, self-motivated, and effective work driver this company will leave you in the dust. If thats the case, Accretive Health is probably not for you. No results, no promotion; that’s the bottom line.

I have such a nice experience of working with Accretive Health.

Former Employee - Medical Transcription in Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Medical Transcription in Noida (India)

I worked at Accretive Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Best management, friendly working environment, and helpful colleagues.

Cons

In my experience, I felt nothing.

Please talk with employees for their problems.