Accretive Health Reviews

Updated April 15, 2015
248 reviews filtered by
2.6
Emad Rizk

Pros
  • Results based promotional track allowing for hard working individuals to excel quickly to higher levels (in 12 reviews)

• Develop a strong understanding of hosptal revenue cycle and insurance companies (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Can sometimes be long hours but if you are willing to work hard then the payoff is worth it (in 15 reviews)

• Problems with work/life balance, its definitely a sink or swim mentality (in 8 reviews)

1. Great new leadership team. Approachable and significant healthcare knowledge.

Current Employee - Ops Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Ops Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

New team is very connected to employees. They are trying to change culture. Very focused on growth and operations> New financial controls are great.

Cons

Change is hard, old culture and some people are not helping with change.

Advice to Management

keep it up. Stay on the path you are taking. Do not let old culture stop you.

2. A good place to work.

Current Contractor - BI Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - BI Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Accretive health is really a good place to work. Very Good working environment, Flexible time. Free lunch hour. It is in the heart of downtown chicago.

Cons

I dont see any Cons as long as you are good on your Subject.

3. Good company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Accretive Health

Pros

Always room to advance if you put in the effort.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

None

5. Great potential to grow

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The new leadership has brought positive change and a refreshing example of how we will grow.

Cons

Give some of the individual contributors the ability to provide input, especially the ones that have tenure

Advice to Management

Continute to focus on our growth model, and hire exceptional people to take us there

6. Continuously positive interactions with everyone in the entire time I have worked here.

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They are respectful and treat people well. The salary and benefits are great, too!

Cons

Day to day communication with remote workers can be an obstacle.

Advice to Management

No advice. You seem to be making the right moves, and I'd follow that Dell guy anywhere.

7. Added advanced skills in process improvement, implementation, team management and data analysis.

Current Employee - Manager in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time

Pros

AH is always looking for new and advanced ways to assist our clients and employees with future success. AH demonstrates the best interest in employees and the teams within all areas.

Cons

Career advancment seems to be difficult even based on past and current experiences.

Advice to Management

I have been looking for career advancement and upon my hiring was informed that based on my overall experience and knowledge I would be qualified for a fast track in career movement. I really enjoy working for AH and would like to take my KSA's to the next level.

8. Best Company to grow professionally while making a difference in the world of healthcare!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- World-class leadership team committed to 'transform' the world of healthcare in the US.
    - Sky is the limit - being a relatively young company, there are plenty of great opportunities in multiple areas.
    - Formal focus on cutting edge leadership practices: Inverted Pyramid (org chart); Servant Leadership; Self-organizing, High Performance, Agile Teams.

Cons

- Personally, I don't see any 'cons' here :)
    - But, I can guess some non-traditional, innovative, entrepreneurial, practices may be perceived "difficult" by traditional thinkers.
    - Being a young company that has grown so fast in such a short time frame, you will see some 'informality' in certain areas.

Advice to Management

- Frankly, I am here mainly because of the excellent senior leadership team, their vision, and visible commitment to make a "real difference" in the world of healthcare. My advice would be to keep relentlessly focusing on achieving the Healthcare Triple Aim - High Quality Healthcare experience for individual patients and Improved Population Health, at Lower Costs.

9. It has been a great experience working with accretive health.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work environment is very good and Senior management is very much supporting. Good things are there to learn there.

Cons

I dont find any thing that is to be criticized

10. Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Operations Lead
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Lead

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Culture promotes self direction and innovation. Little micro-management on Operations side.

Cons

Company is riddled with public relations issues. While they are not completey meritted, they affect morale and create concern for future compensation.

Advice to Management

Create concrete growth structure with absolute bonus recogition metrics.

Extremely Valuable Growth Experience

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No where else will you find the opportunity to take on so much responsibility at such an early point in your career. Management experience is key in career growth and to have an understanding and an opportunity to manage in a number of ways has been essential to my progression and a professional.

More and more stock is being put into growth of talent and leadership. Executives are no longer satisfied with orientation and in field training (this takes place), but in depth learning and training in a classroom and organized setting is taking place and employees are flourishing.

The career acceleration has been flattering and more than acceptable. I personally have been recognized a number of ways for my hard work and commitment. Each time makes me grateful for my managers who recognize me and for senior leaders for asking for such recommendations to highlight. If you work hard, collaborate well, and get results, there is no way not to be recognized in this company (which is a benefit of how the feedback loops work).

There has been a clear effort to provide clear and precise feedback in a method that is welcoming and constructive.

Cons

Traveler location could be better. There are folks that travel from longer locations (based on need) when they could be placed closer.