Accretive Health

Updated December 22, 2014
Updated December 22, 2014
2.8

Emad Rizk

Pros
  • Results based promotional track allowing for hard working individuals to excel quickly to higher levels (in 12 reviews)

• Develop a strong understanding of hosptal revenue cycle and insurance companies (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Can sometimes be long hours but if you are willing to work hard then the payoff is worth it (in 15 reviews)

• Problems with work/life balance, its definitely a sink or swim mentality (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Steve is just as bad as Mary

Current Employee - Ops Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Ops Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you need a job

Cons

Mary was a tyrant. Steve has a Texas sized ego. If asked your opinion by leadership, be sure to just repeat their opinion or be prepared to be penalized. Huge discrepancies in pay. Do nothing, get paid a ton.

Reward those loyal and productive instead of friends.

Need a job that you can hone your skills and learn the ways of the Jungle? This is the place for you.

Current Employee - IT Team Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - IT Team Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You are able to learn a lot and grow very fast, most of which is because the lack of focus, direction, guidance, training, and leadership; so as a result you have no choice but to sink or swim!

The view at 401 is incredible. They hire young and attractive folks, so there is that. Not much in the way of brain power or cognitive maturity or insight. Fun place that you can easily have a drink outside of work with some of your colleagues. Obvious a stepping stone type of location, as they are not stable and probably never will be. Is a training ground for employees fresh out of school. Lot's of ability to excel because of hurricane operation model.

Cons

Everyone is out for their own self-interest and/or personal agenda and goals. You see infighting, backstabbing, and gossiping at every corner. The thing that happens the least is actually professional level communication and team work. Upper management is ancient and has dated views on how to run a company, and as of now, this place is a yards sale. Strip the talent that you can at wholesale prices!!!!

Take managing classes. Actually, take about 2 or 3 of them.

Continuously positive interactions with everyone in the entire time I have worked here.

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They are respectful and treat people well. The salary and benefits are great, too!

Cons

Day to day communication with remote workers can be an obstacle.

No advice. You seem to be making the right moves, and I'd follow that Dell guy anywhere.

Forced to review by site

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working to improve company at all times

Cons

Can be too fast paced.

no advice

Added advanced skills in process improvement, implementation, team management and data analysis.

Current Employee - Manager in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time

Pros

AH is always looking for new and advanced ways to assist our clients and employees with future success. AH demonstrates the best interest in employees and the teams within all areas.

Cons

Career advancment seems to be difficult even based on past and current experiences.

I have been looking for career advancement and upon my hiring was informed that based on my overall experience and knowledge I would be qualified for a fast track in career movement. I really enjoy working for AH and would like to take my KSA's to the next level.

Excellent experience at a fast-growing company.

Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at Accretive Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities for advancement and interesting work. Colleagues are very bright and are helpful to one another. Senior executives provide excellent mentorship.

Cons

To do well, you must be extremely proactive about developing your skills and designing and executing projects which will most effectively help the Company serve its clients.

Continue to focus on developing better training programs.

Poor management and terrible training

Former Employee - Insurance Billing Verification in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Accretive Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, friendly co-workers. I got a paycheck

Cons

Some managers don't understand the departments they are managing therefore they set goals and expectations that are not possible to met. Quality of work is poor because you have to rush in order to met your goal.

There is alot of favoritism and nepotism. I worked for Kalamazoo location for over 4 years and I have seen good dedicated employees fired or leave because of the poor management and training. Employee handbook means nothing because it gets changed at the companys discretion. There are too many hands touching each account so there are a lot of errors which is why patients are upset when they call customer service.

If you just want a paycheck

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Accretive Health part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Had a flexible schedule and co-workers were friendly

Cons

Managers are not the best at delegating tasks and have little knowledge of actual office dynamic. Not well organized in separate departments and little to no communications between departments. You're on your own 75-95 percent of the time.

Time of transition requires commitment

Current Employee - Physician Advisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Physician Advisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people in our department but function in silos separate from other parts of the company.
    Ability to work from home and set own schedule is fantastic.

Cons

difficult to overcome senior management changes
    high turnover at entry level positions
    business volume is dependent on changes in the federal laws

please retain more of the quality employees

terrible

Former Employee - Insurance Billing Verification in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Accretive Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

if you like micromanaging at its worst

Cons

everything, management in Kalamazoo sucks if new CEO really wants to make a difference he needs to come stay there for awhile

Steve needs to work in Kalamazoo and see all the discrimination and micromanaging and favoritism first hand, he needs to see that even though he put in place a great employee retention program, Kalamazoo managers are single handily trying to destroy it buy firing anyone that has over 3 years exp, because they can not figure out how to cover any 5 week vacation/sick time. Everything in Kalamazoo is a "case by case" or " managements discretion" whether if follows company hand book or not, whats the point of handbook, if mgmt can change it to whatever they want it to say??????