Accretive Technology
accretivetg.com Seattle, WA 150 to 499 Employees

Accretive Technology Reviews

Updated May 8, 2014
Accretive Technology – “Company Trip!”

Shawn Boday

I LOVE this company!

ProsThere are so many - where do I begin?! The people are incredible! The culture is fun and hardworking! Benefits are over the top and the way we are treated is TOP NOTCH!! If you can work here - DO IT - you wont want to leave!

ConsWe are growing so fast with technology that some other things take a bit longer to get done...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep rockin it and always praise your employees - we work hard for you!

A Truly Remarkable Company

Human Resources (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsPrivately held, no outside investors to satisfy, hence job security. Unbelievable focus on work-life balance; very transparent and collaborative environment; awesome benefits including profit sharing. Owners are developers, so this is a company driven by technology. Flat management hierarchy - no VP's. Young company in business for 14 years with a mature concept and ever-evolving product. Several hundreds of millions in revenue.

ConsToo much innovation, not enough contributors. Need more good developers and QA pro's to execute upon ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

"dot com" startup feel but without the stress of VC money

Senior Software Engineer (LAMP LEED) (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

Pros14-year old, privately held company, that makes several hundred million dollars per year, so we don't sweat money like other start-ups, nor do we have to answer to a VC BOD. Anything you need to do your job is provided without any debate. The perks are amazing: matching 401k (who still does that!?), very generous and competitive salary, quarterly bonuses with guaranteed minimums, full medical/dental/vision including the co-pay!, paid parking, gym memberships, bus passes. Catered food twice a month. Bagels every Friday. Company events like paintball, golf, picnics, zoo trips. The whole company goes on a fully paid first class vacation to exotic lands with your S.O. every 18 months or so! So many more perks I can't think of...

ConsIt feels like they have grown very quickly despite being 14 years old. They have a lot of money, but some of the technology and HR stuff is a little quirky, even compared to other adolescent start-ups. For example, FTE fill out a time-sheet still -- usually a FTE simply fills out a sheet for the days off, not the days worked. We have amazing huge printer/scanner machines that aren't connected to the network?! There is no public LAN share drive? There was no developer email list until recently. Some of the code base is a bit "legacy" and while it's slowly being brought up to speed, it can be frustrating at times to work with.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Can't Imagine Working Anywhere Else

ProsThe health, well-being and happiness of the employees is a top priority. Salaries are competitive and the benefits are excellent: 12 PTO days, 8 holidays and 2 weeks vacation (increases over time). The environment is relaxed and it's easy for the lowest level employee to get feedback to upper management. It's friendly with employees eating and chatting together throughout the day. They are very cognizant of recognizing employees that go the extra mile and will reward hard workers.

ConsSome of the code is a little dated. We're still working with flash and some departments need to support IE6. The company has grown a lot in the last year, so office space has become tighter over time.

Worked for Accretive Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accretive Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Accretive Technology CEO Shawn Boday. All reviews posted anonymously by Accretive Technology employees.