Accruent

Accruent Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2014

Accruent CEO Mark Friedman

Mark Friedman

Pros:
  • "Break room is great with fun games"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Lots of opportunities to be expected in the future"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Compensation is significantly less than similar organizations, there is no overtime pay, health benefits are average at best, no 401K matching"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Below average salary, no 401k matching"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Excellent environment to grow your career

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCulture is outstanding.
Growth opportunities are available.
Cool market opportunity and product vision.
Growing company with positive energy.

ConsKeeping up with growth and market demand.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue giving employees opportunities to grow with the company.

Great place to learn and grow

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than a year

ProsFantastic office perks like games, food, drinks, parties, good equipment (if you ask for it), friendly co-workers, great learning resources available for free, stimulating work, ability for upward mobility if you make the top of the stack rank

ConsBase comp is low for some positions (however, definitely not all), work space is a bit tight right now because of all of the growth, depending on product or department, the hours can be a bit on the heavy side

Advice to Senior ManagementActually getting in touch with upper management when needed can be a bit like pulling teeth.There seems to be a fairly large disconnect between the "average" employee and those in charge. Events like "executive round table lunch" are great, but seem somewhat rare. "Team building exercises" like the first all-hands meeting of 2014 are great for company culture. While there are tons of liability issues, some sort of exercise equipment would be a big plus

QA Associate

I have been working at Accruent full-time for less than a year

ProsDecent Pay and wonderful company identity

ConsIt's not the most interesting software ever... It's IWMS

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

Great place for college graduates

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat atmosphere in which to work. Culture is fantastic with included efforts for personal health (funding sports teams, health awareness week, etc.). Hires graduates without a pertinent degree. Great opportunity for advancement and trying something new by switching departments. Break room is great with fun games

ConsPay is slightly less than other companies for similar job duties

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to effectively communicate changes and recognize employees for a job well done

Growing company. Hip culture

I have been working at Accruent full-time

ProsThe company is growing quickly, and this means that for anyone willing to put in the work, there are excellent opportunities for experience and career growth. Despite the growth, they have managed to maintain a fun and chill culture. My bosses give me direction without micromanaging. I have made a lot of great friendships at Accruent, and they are part of the reason it's great to work here. Flexible hours, open PTO, plenty of social and team building events, excellent training, amazing company parties. Accruent invests much more than compensation in its employees. Don't take my word for it. Come interview with us and see for yourself.

ConsEntry level compensation is low, but speaking as someone that has worked in a poor environment before, good culture and opportunity make up for this.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let things get stagnant. Continue to challenge the employees. The company is growing, so you'll have to work hard to keep the culture and keep the employees and customers happy.

Great place to get your career started

I have been working at Accruent full-time for less than a year

ProsThis place will give anyone with potential a chance. Offers a great experience for someone with no experience in the software business and has great opportunities to move up within the company.

ConsThe salary is below market pay and depending on the responsibilities bestowed upon you by circumstance, sometimes this salary seems very inadequate. They will not give anyone a promotion until they are at least 1 year in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation is the main con about Accruent. I understand the concept of giving someone a chance who has no experience and that is why the pay is below market pay, but in many cases, people take on responsibilities which warrants more than the base pay well before they are a year in the company. Maybe changing that restriction of at least 1 year for a promotion might be a good idea.

Decent Place To Get Your Carrer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros- Flexible hours/ oPTO, management nice about letting you take off
- Individuals and teams are well recognized for successes
- Good place to go and learn about how enterprise grade tech companies functions and what technologies you should focus on for this route

Cons- Compensation is well below industry standards especially with skyrocketing living costs in the area
- "Work/Life Balance" means working 60+ hours per week for 1 year + to maybe get a slight bump in salary that is still below entry level wages so its quite easy to get burnt out
- Limited career opportunities for some positions
- Mediocre benefits, good health plans burns a hole in already low base salary, no 401K match, no stock options

Advice to Senior ManagementLook out for your employees more if you want them to stick around longer then a year or so

Too much transition

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Accruent full-time

ProsGrowth opportunities and supportive management team

ConsConstant change of direction with messaging, product and market

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay for amount of work

Fifteen years and still going strong

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI have been working at Accruent just over 15 years. During this time I have seen Accruent grow from approximately 60 employees to where we are today at 400+ and still growing. While growth at this rate is fast paced it has been expertly planned and skillfully executed. Throughout these years of growth Accruent has never wavered from their original and long ago stated company values. In fact these values are probably even truer today.

Values are one of the characteristics that make Accruent a great place to work. I’ve met a lot of people here over the years and have always found each of them to be very professional, very pleasant, eager to learn and accomplish, and importantly very supportive of one another. Happily some of these people have become friends. A good ‘value fit’ is one of the qualities Accruent looks for in their current and prospective employees. This helps to make a positive workplace and build productive and cohesive teams. But good values are not just for the employees at Accruent.

Accruent values and treats their employees well. They offer solid compensation plans along with very good health benefits plan and 401k options. They provide a bonus plan structure which is place for every employee and offer unlimited PTO. The office environment is nice and more space is being added to accommodate the growth. Accruent wants their employees to be successful and offers many growth opportunities. From the very beginning new hires are setup for success with in depth product training and mentoring. This even continues with the offering of online courses covering a wide array of subject matter being made available to everybody. Additionally, Mark Friedman and the executive team remain open and honest with the entire company. Transparency is important at Accruent and the executive staff frequently holds company-wide meetings to ensure we all understand the company’s position in the marketplace, where we are headed, our short and long term goals and how each department contributes toward attaining those objectives.

Customer focus and customer success are other huge parts of the Accruent culture. Accruent recognizes that each customer’s success and positive results will ultimately be reflected in Accruent’s measure of success. For me, in a customer facing role at Accruent, it’s really nice to work with our customers. Most are long standing customers who are very positive about the company’s current state and future direction. Accruent also conducts programs which are meant to engage their customers. Each of these touch points server to keep customers updated as well provide a time to solicit their feedback and inputs. Accruent success has been obvious over the years and it’s a rewarding feeling to be a member and contributor to such a team.

ConsI’ve worked in a lot of industries over the years and under various conditions e.g. as an employee and self-employed. In every case there have been cons to work; looming project deadlines that require extra hours work, stressful situations that require you to dig deep and push on etc. Let’s face it, that’s a part of our work and personal lives and we deal with it. At least here, at Accruent, you can celebrate that project completion at a company sponsored happy hour and/or tack some of your unlimited PTO days on to a weekend and recover.

World class company with great corporate culture and philosophy.

Associate Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros- Unlimited PTO
- Great HR Team that goes above and beyond to help you
- Lots of opportunity for personal growth
- Management is transparent and candid, much more so than I've ever experienced
- Best team I've ever worked with
- Flexible with work from home
- They treat you like an adult

Cons- Salary could be better
- Company growth is so fast-paced, resources are stretched thin

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough I appreciated the monthly company-wide meetings, I think they could retire certain parts of them...including New Hires, the Wave and Sales Pitches. Keep up the good work!!

Worked for Accruent? Contribute to the Community!

Accruent Videos

Accruent – Why Work for Us?

Since 1995, Accruent has helped real estate and facilities leaders deliver long term, world class, operational and financial performance through purpose-built industry suites that deliver greater customer value. We… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accruent reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Accruent CEO Mark Friedman. All 73 reviews posted anonymously by Accruent employees.