Accruent Reviews

Updated September 16, 2014
3.5

Accruent CEO Mark Friedman
Mark Friedman

Pros
  • Good break-room with lots to snack on (in 9 reviews)

• Growing company with potential to become a player in IWMS market (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Compensation is significantly less than similar organizations, there is no overtime pay, health benefits are average at best, no 401K matching (in 8 reviews)

• Below average salary, no 401k matching (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company with an even better culture

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Accruent does a great job in hiring people with the right values and work ethic. Everyone is highly intelligent and is willing to go above and beyond what is asked of them. The company is growing rapidly and this creates many opportunities to advance your career.

Cons

The pay is below industry average witch is fine for fresh graduates, however, pay is not brought up as fast as it probably should be once the employee has gained experience. With a focus of hiring high potential low experience people and giving them increasing responsibilities, it is a great place to learn. A lot of great people are lost once they have gained the experience due to Accruent not increasing their compensation accordingly.

Management needs to increase compensation in line with the employees experience. If an employee is given increased responsibilities, and proves they can handle it, they should be brought up to at least industry average. We lose far to many great people due to pay.

Lots of responsibilities and organizational changes, not a lot of $ or rewards

I worked at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly place to work. A pretty good culture that has somewhat declined over recent months. You'll have a lot of responsibilities, leading towards a lot of experience.

Cons

They hire young inexperienced employees and pay them under market value. Even when an employee has proven their worth to the company, they'll still try to pay you as little as possible. No 401k matching, they say that the "little" bonus you get makes up for no 401k matching...

Actually identify and train middle managers instead of hiring more C level executives and underpaid HPLEs. Pay market rates, if you don't you're going to lose talent to other great tech companies that pay and treat their employees better.

Decent

I worked at Accruent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company to work for. Plus good benefits

Cons

Long hours and work wasnt great

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Opportunity

Former Employee - Engineering  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Engineering in Austin, TX

I worked at Accruent full-time

Pros

Accruent is a great place to start your career or start a new phase in your career. You are given plenty of opportunity and responsibility based upon whether you can handle it, not tenure.

Cons

The salary starts out low and typically doesn't track with increased responsibilities. Hours can be routinely quite long as the roadmap is aggresive compared to resourcing.

Work to recognise and reward performers closer to market rates.

Pretty good company to work for if you don't care about money

Current Employee - Sales  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

The corporate culture is pretty good and the executives are more easily accessible than at other companies.

Cons

Don't expect to get paid well and there has been a lot of "churn" since the new COO came aboard.

More transparency into the organization, especially when it pertains to management changes.

Good place to get some experience, but not nearly as great as they say it is

I worked at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Will give a chance to someone without tons of relevant experience and you can learn a lot that will further your career
    fairly laid-back culture
    Challenging
    open PTO
    Got along with all my colleagues, all generally great people
    Transparency from executives (with notable exceptions, see below)

Cons

Compensation is well below market average. Its kind of pathetic. They won't even match 401ks and then say that the measly bonuses they gave out make up for that. I understand not overpaying for a HPLE (high potential, low experience), but you quickly outpace that status and still don't get compensated accordingly.

They tout how they make up for their under market salaries by allowing for a faster promotion cycle. But very few people get promotions, and even if you do get a promotion quickly, you are still well under market value.

Not enough resources. Teams are always stretched way too thin, and if someone leaves or gets moved to a different department, it makes life hell for the remaining team members. Not enough knowledge experts, which is not surprising since they can go make twice as much somewhere else instead.

Transparency eroded recently. Executives decided to completely do away with all Engineering and QA for my product, without notice, despite telling customers that it was status quo until 2017. Haven't even told the customers yet. Basically made liars out of people and put people in tough spots when it comes time to inform the customers.

I think the office culture, while good, is not as excellent as people make it out to be, primarily because most of the employees here have no frame of reference. If this is your first corporate job and you're just out of college, then having a ping pong table and snacks in the break room are a big deal. But its really not that extraordinary for a tech company. Not that they aren't nice things to have, but lets not act like they are exceptionally forward thinking.

I know things are in place to make things better (focus groups) but if there isn't compensation increases, it doesn't matter that much if there is a "good office culture". Increase salaries and stop spreading every body so thin and this would be a great place to work for, instead of a decent one.

Great for recent college grads; not so much for those with experience

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Open PTO (Paid Time Off). Benefits are mediocre, but not bad. No 401 matching. Parties and celebrations abound.

Cons

Middle management is brought up from the bottom, meaning people are groomed for middle management positions, and this is not done well. There is no mentoring of managers, there is no training program for managers, they just take inexperienced individuals who show "management potential" and place them in manager positions. The result is managers who have no idea what they are doing. These are the managers grooming our next set of managers. If they don't fix this quickly, there will be a mass exodus of experienced individuals who desire more pay and more mentoring. I believe that is already happening.
    Pay--I don't think based on other reviews that I have to delve into this topic very far. Let me only say I'm making 10k+ below industry standard, and won't be getting a raise until I've worked for 15+ months, due to raises only occurring on cycles every July and January.

Get some training for yourselves and your direct reports whom you expect to line up to become managers. You are driving talented, committed individuals to seek other employment.

A great experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is pleasant and very nice. Co workers are always eager to learn. The break room is awesome. You get free snacks and beverage, and freshly brewed starbucks coffee. Company has lots of opportunities to grow and it is a fast growing company. Relaxed work environment with a great culture. Upper management is accessible and ready to listen to other ideas.

Cons

No 401k matching, salary is average but you have the opportunity to make more

I can't think of any, great job so far

That place is a definite churn factory.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Happy Hours every other week. Snacks in break room. The employees are all pretty nice people.

Cons

Pay is way below market. The software is extremely outdated. Barely anyone in the sales dept has sold anything. The average tenure is probably under a year because it's a churn factory. They fire people at the drop of a hat - no loyalty at all. The training is a so called 'boot camp' but it's really just an extended job interview designed to weed out folks who aren't willing to put in a lot of hours for a little bit of money. By far the worst sales environment I've ever worked in - would recommended you steer clear or enter at your own risk.

Fix your product don't just churn sales people. There's clearly a reason you can't retain your employees and NO ONE is selling anything.

Take it if you don't have experience and got no other offers

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice people, ping pong table and beer.
    if you don't have experience and you don't get other offers - they hire you! I guess that's good.

Cons

I really think the company is paying people to write positive reviews on glassdoor. they are obsessed with the high score on glassdoor. every company meeting, the CEO is saying how great this place is because of glassdoor. it feels like those monthly meetings are to convenience the employees that they are working in a great workplace.

They think they hire only smart people, but smart people does not mean they are professionals. I have seen so many incompetent managers that I can't believe this company can last for long.
    The software is a mess. it looks like from 1995 and most of it is from 1995.
    Engineers come with no experience and most of them don't leave because they don't really learn anything so they can't pass an interview in a real software company.

Pay is low. but all bad reviews here already mentioned that.

change it all up

Worked for Accruent? Contribute to the Community!