Accruent Reviews

Reset
2.8
Accruent CEO Mark Friedman
Mark Friedman

Pros
  • Break room is great with fun games (in 11 reviews)

• Growing company in a high tech environment (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • No 401k matching, salary is average but you have the opportunity to make more (in 11 reviews)

• No 401k matching, they say that the "little" bonus you get makes up for no (in 11 reviews)

Tough but Rewarding

I have been working at Accruent full-time

Pros

Good culture where they help you feel like part of a team. They are invested in helping you grow professionally and personally. You are surrounded by ambitious and smart coworkers that embody the core values Accruent seeks. Open PTO policy with good benefits.

Cons

Pay will be below market average. High turnover rate and high expectations can be stressful. Depending on your role, you could be expected to work overtime. Growing pains means that you have to be flexible and adaptable to quick changes in responsibilities and company objectives.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in professional/personal development. Competitive pay will go a long way in keeping those that gain experience on the job.

Jul 26, 2015 – COO

Thanks for the feedback. We will continue working on the areas you note. I am currently doing roadshows internally and I encourage you to attend one, if you haven't already. We share facts and ... More

It's a good place to work

I have been working at Accruent

Pros

It's a good company with a good environment. Some great people who are great to work with.

Cons

Deciding which way to go with the products.

Advice to Management

Keep on the same track but simplify what to focus on

Jul 26, 2015 – COO

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate you! Best, Wayne Roberts Chief Operating Officer

A good company, but not yet great.

I have been working at Accruent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of smart people, and there really is a culture of mutual respect, individual growth, and collaboration to overcome obstacles. Unlimited PTO is a nice perk.

Cons

Employee pay continues to be under market, and the company continues to under-invest in many product lines, which our customers notice and are often disappointed by. There's also no possibility for equity in the company, a big drawback compared to other employers in Austin.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your people and products, and have a vision further than one or two quarters out.

Jul 29, 2015 – COO

Thanks for your feedback. We are investing in people and products. Sounds like we need to do a better job of communicating this progress, as well as vision for the future. I will get with our ... More

Great company

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I absolutely love working for Accruent. They have given me opportunity to succeed that I would never had other where. The culture is great and I love all my co-workers. The leadership is surprisingly down-to-earth and listens to the concerns of the workforce.

Cons

The pay is below average (although they are working to change that). The management team (esp. middle management) is mainly newer or less experienced. The company is providing training to improve this area.

Advice to Management

Continue to do the things you have been over the past 6 months. The trend is building momentum.

Jul 29, 2015 – COO

Thanks for your encouragement and feedback. We are committed to building an enduringly great company and appreciate you noting the progress. Best, Wayne Roberts Chief Operating Officer

High experience low detriment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The 3 primary internal teams IT, HR, and finance have been fantastic and responsive since I started working here. Open PTO, flexible work hours, and opportunities to work from home are plenty. They recently added a 401k matching and health reimbursement. While the work is challenging and time consuming it is the most beneficial work and career experience I've had since college.

Cons

401k matching is lower compared to some other companies and depending on your dedication your work/life balance can get askew sometimes.

Jul 12, 2015 – COO

Thanks for taking time to provide us feedback. As a longer term employee (from your profile above), we truly appreciate you and thank you for your service. As you note, we've rolled out a 401k ... More

Awesome Place to work

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company culture is amazing. Fringe and other benefits are great. The People are intelligent. You will be exposed to a lot of different things very quickly, great way for a person to gain some dog years in experience.

Cons

Pay can be a bit below industry standard. Work can require long hours to be successful

Jul 9, 2015 – COO

Thanks for your fair and balanced feedback. I laughed at your "dog year" comment. Guess that is where all my hair went :) Thanks for being a loyal team member for more than three years (per your ... More

Great place to work that truly values their employees!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I spent almost a year searching for my next career move before taking a leap of faith and coming on board with Accruent. I've been here under 6 months and so far this has been a great decision for my career. I'm a little astonished by some of the negativity in a few of the reviews because I have personally never had a bad experience with this company. Accruent puts a lot of emphasis on ensuring their employee's wellbeing. We have an open PTO policy that is widely used, flexible work hours, health and wellness week along with a health and wellness reimbursement, a student loan lottery (yes, that's a real thing), opportunity for bonuses, opportunity for a raise each year, the ability to move to different departments, vertical advancement opportunities, a volunteer based week, bi monthly happy hours, etc. All of these are great added perks to the job, but the real selling point is the culture here. This is definitely a very fast paced environment and a company that has very intelligent and knowledgeable employees, but it isn't accompanied with high stress and a hostile environment. Every department works very well together and is extremely collaborative. They also know how to have fun and embrace changes as they come along. Our management program is great and focuses on making sure each manager is up to speed and can effectively lead a team. The upper management are also very friendly, always ask if we need assistance, and put their team first.

Cons

We are definitely understaffed which is no fault of anyone's; it goes hand in hand with the fact that we are growing at a very rapid pace and need to bring more people onto our team. There are obviously people that don't always share the same views and believe the issues here are much more severe than they actually are...my advice to you all is to understand that there are growing pains in every organization, especially when it comes to acquisitions. Understand that the management at Accruent is doing everything it can to make their employees their top priority and keep a positive attitude. After all, you don't want to be miserable at place where you spend 40+ hours of your life.

Advice to Management

I think our management is doing a great job and continues to improve our policies and procedures. Keep listening to our employee feedback and continue to do what you're already doing!

Jul 3, 2015 – COO

Thanks for the great feedback on Accruent. Very pleased that you are noticing the efforts being made. Sounds like you are very engaged and in tune with our plans. Please continue to lead from ... More

Great Environment with Great Benefits

I have been working at Accruent

Pros

The people are incredibly friendly, there is great opportunity for growth, and the benefits are fabulous (there is a 401K match now!!) My manager is a wonderful leader and teacher. I am happy here; there are good daily pluses (breakroom, breakfast/lunch events, free parking), and also many strategies in place for long-term satisfaction.

Cons

People are not always open to change or being flexible. Complainers can be quite loud.

Great place to get foot in the door

I worked at Accruent

Pros

Will give you a job outside your degrees norms Coworkers are generally smart Open PTO (use it)

Cons

The low pay will probably haunt you for your next several jobs due to the lack of bargaining power you have when moving on and trust me you'll be moving on. It seems a bit cliquey. Other than open PTO the perks are a pittance compared to what you will get elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Look guys, we aren't working for fun we are working because we have financial obligations we could not otherwise meet. When a persons salary is this far from the norm they will likely not respect you because it is readily apparent you do not respect them. Give each other some respect, you've earned it.

Jul 22, 2015 – COO

Best of luck in your next role. We continue to work on making Accruent an enduringly great company. Our progress on compensation, benefits, career paths and development, and our overall People ... More

Lots of upside

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing fast, so there is a lot of headroom. I've been promoted twice, and had a comp increase three times in 3 years. Great atmosphere for high performers who are willing to take ownership of their success. Good benefits; matching 401k; matching HSA; fair comp.

Cons

Nothing major that you wouldn't expect at every other company in the world. Acquisitions bring a deluge of work, so hard to live balanced during peak times, but for the most part, I'm able to strike a good work/life balance.

Advice to Management

We need to hire at a faster clip; we need a great vision to rally around and get excited about. Thanks for the updates with the Talent Strategy, I think they've made a big difference.

Jun 26, 2015 – COO

Thanks. I agree with you on the hiring. We are taking steps to beef up our recruiting engine. As always, we would love your help in attracting great talent that shares our company values! Best ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed