Accruent

Updated January 25, 2015
3.5

Accruent CEO Mark Friedman
Mark Friedman

Pros
  • Break room is great with fun games (in 11 reviews)

• Growing company with potential to become a player in IWMS market (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • No 401K matching and the food offered is often out (in 11 reviews)

• No 401k matching, they say that the "little" bonus you get makes up for no (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Moving in the right direction!

I have been working at Accruent

Pros

Lots of opportunity for career growth. You get to work with really smart people. Awesome culture. Huge improvements rolled out on compensation and benefits. All of the comments and ratings that noted "no 401K match" are now invalid! Compensation is tied to your performance and results, which is how it should be. It was already a great place to work and it seems like it is only getting better!

Cons

Not much to note here. Pace of change is high, with multiple recent acquisitions completed. Not really a con, but you need to be a hard worker, love a fast paced environment and not be someone who likes the status quo.

Love the recent changes being rolled out on benefits and compensation. Keep it up!

Looking up

I have been working at Accruent

Pros

I feel like there are so many positive things happening at Accruent and I'm excited to work here. I have worked many places but have never worked somewhere that placed so much emphasis on working to goals, getting things right, owning your own work and being transparent about company challenges and how they are going to systematically change things from good but not great. Its refreshing to be a part of a company like this and I will be loyal any day to a company that owns up to not being perfect, stands by principles and works to be better and you actually see the change.

Cons

Don't really have anything to complain about here.

Continue to embrace all the new stuff that training is doing for managers. Love how my manager coaches me and gives me space to learn and do my work.

Growing Company With A Great Culture

I have been working at Accruent full-time

Pros

Managers give direction, but generally allow employees to work at their own pace. Employees are given legitimate opportunities to shine. Managers really care about the employees. Some employers will treat you like a gear that needs occasional maintenance or can get replaced. I've always felt appreciated at Accruent.

They have a great culture. It's difficult to explain the weight that should be put on that. There's almost always snacks and catered food. There are games in the breakroom. They have a lot of fun team building events. Yet, what sticks out to me is the amazing people. The people that I get to work with, from all levels of the company, are talented, hardworking, and genuinely nice people. When you enjoy what you're doing and the people that you work with, it makes it feel less like some job and more like a long-term career.

Accruent is growing rapidly. There is a lot of opportunity for employees to take on challenges and grow with the company.

Cons

Compensation is often below market. They are working on changing that. With the rapid growth, it can become difficult to juggle all of your responsibilities.

As the company grows, do everything that you can to hold onto the culture. Compensation needs to be a focus, but the culture is what sets Accruent apart.

It's been a great experience at Accruent and there's more to come!

I have been working at Accruent full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I'm happy to be working in a great environment, great culture, with smart people you know you can trust and expect to show common values and goals. There's a lot of opportunity to grow at all levels, as long as you are up for the challenge.

Cons

My job is pretty specific, so I did not have a lot of on-the-job training. Besides that, I haven't found any inconvenience!

A great experience

I have been working at Accruent full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is pleasant and very nice. Co workers are always eager to learn. The break room is awesome. You get free snacks and beverage, and freshly brewed starbucks coffee. Company has lots of opportunities to grow and it is a fast growing company. Relaxed work environment with a great culture. Upper management is accessible and ready to listen to other ideas.

Cons

No 401k matching, salary is average but you have the opportunity to make more

I can't think of any, great job so far

Top-Notch, Modern, and Productive Workplace

I have been working at Accruent full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hard-working, intelligent coworkers.
    Career oriented job positions.
    Positive and conducive work environment.
    Great benefits and perks.
    A great culture for today's ambitious professionals.

Cons

I don't really consider this a con but other people might: the whole pitching-in and helping with things outside and way outside of your job duties. The work environment is such that everyone wants to see the company do well even if it means helping out in ways that are above and beyond your title.

QA Associate

I have been working at Accruent full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay and wonderful company identity

Cons

It's not the most interesting software ever... It's IWMS

Keep doing what you are doing

Great place for college graduates

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere in which to work. Culture is fantastic with included efforts for personal health (funding sports teams, health awareness week, etc.). Hires graduates without a pertinent degree. Great opportunity for advancement and trying something new by switching departments. Break room is great with fun games

Cons

Pay is slightly less than other companies for similar job duties

Continue to effectively communicate changes and recognize employees for a job well done

Excellent environment to grow your career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Culture is outstanding.
    Growth opportunities are available.
    Cool market opportunity and product vision.
    Growing company with positive energy.

Cons

Keeping up with growth and market demand.

Continue giving employees opportunities to grow with the company.

Great place to learn and grow

I have been working at Accruent full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fantastic office perks like games, food, drinks, parties, good equipment (if you ask for it), friendly co-workers, great learning resources available for free, stimulating work, ability for upward mobility if you make the top of the stack rank

Cons

Base comp is low for some positions (however, definitely not all), work space is a bit tight right now because of all of the growth, depending on product or department, the hours can be a bit on the heavy side

Actually getting in touch with upper management when needed can be a bit like pulling teeth.There seems to be a fairly large disconnect between the "average" employee and those in charge. Events like "executive round table lunch" are great, but seem somewhat rare. "Team building exercises" like the first all-hands meeting of 2014 are great for company culture. While there are tons of liability issues, some sort of exercise equipment would be a big plus