Accruent Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
3.5

Accruent CEO Mark Friedman
Mark Friedman

Pros
  • Good break-room with lots to snack on (in 9 reviews)

• Growing company with potential to become a player in IWMS market (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Compensation is significantly less than similar organizations, there is no overtime pay, health benefits are average at best, no 401K matching (in 8 reviews)

• Below average salary, no 401k matching (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

A great experience

I have been working at Accruent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is pleasant and very nice. Co workers are always eager to learn. The break room is awesome. You get free snacks and beverage, and freshly brewed starbucks coffee. Company has lots of opportunities to grow and it is a fast growing company. Relaxed work environment with a great culture. Upper management is accessible and ready to listen to other ideas.

Cons

No 401k matching, salary is average but you have the opportunity to make more

I can't think of any, great job so far

Top-Notch, Modern, and Productive Workplace

I have been working at Accruent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hard-working, intelligent coworkers.
    Career oriented job positions.
    Positive and conducive work environment.
    Great benefits and perks.
    A great culture for today's ambitious professionals.

Cons

I don't really consider this a con but other people might: the whole pitching-in and helping with things outside and way outside of your job duties. The work environment is such that everyone wants to see the company do well even if it means helping out in ways that are above and beyond your title.

QA Associate

I have been working at Accruent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent Pay and wonderful company identity

Cons

It's not the most interesting software ever... It's IWMS

Keep doing what you are doing

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place for college graduates

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere in which to work. Culture is fantastic with included efforts for personal health (funding sports teams, health awareness week, etc.). Hires graduates without a pertinent degree. Great opportunity for advancement and trying something new by switching departments. Break room is great with fun games

Cons

Pay is slightly less than other companies for similar job duties

Continue to effectively communicate changes and recognize employees for a job well done

Growing company. Hip culture

I have been working at Accruent full-time

Pros

The company is growing quickly, and this means that for anyone willing to put in the work, there are excellent opportunities for experience and career growth. Despite the growth, they have managed to maintain a fun and chill culture. My bosses give me direction without micromanaging. I have made a lot of great friendships at Accruent, and they are part of the reason it's great to work here. Flexible hours, open PTO, plenty of social and team building events, excellent training, amazing company parties. Accruent invests much more than compensation in its employees. Don't take my word for it. Come interview with us and see for yourself.

Cons

Entry level compensation is low, but speaking as someone that has worked in a poor environment before, good culture and opportunity make up for this.

Don't let things get stagnant. Continue to challenge the employees. The company is growing, so you'll have to work hard to keep the culture and keep the employees and customers happy.

Excellent environment to grow your career

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture is outstanding.
    Growth opportunities are available.
    Cool market opportunity and product vision.
    Growing company with positive energy.

Cons

Keeping up with growth and market demand.

Continue giving employees opportunities to grow with the company.

Great place to learn and grow

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic office perks like games, food, drinks, parties, good equipment (if you ask for it), friendly co-workers, great learning resources available for free, stimulating work, ability for upward mobility if you make the top of the stack rank

Cons

Base comp is low for some positions (however, definitely not all), work space is a bit tight right now because of all of the growth, depending on product or department, the hours can be a bit on the heavy side

Actually getting in touch with upper management when needed can be a bit like pulling teeth.There seems to be a fairly large disconnect between the "average" employee and those in charge. Events like "executive round table lunch" are great, but seem somewhat rare. "Team building exercises" like the first all-hands meeting of 2014 are great for company culture. While there are tons of liability issues, some sort of exercise equipment would be a big plus

World class company with great corporate culture and philosophy.

Former Employee - Associate Project Manager
    Former Employee - Associate Project Manager

I worked at Accruent full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Unlimited PTO
    - Great HR Team that goes above and beyond to help you
    - Lots of opportunity for personal growth
    - Management is transparent and candid, much more so than I've ever experienced
    - Best team I've ever worked with
    - Flexible with work from home
    - They treat you like an adult

Cons

- Salary could be better
    - Company growth is so fast-paced, resources are stretched thin

Although I appreciated the monthly company-wide meetings, I think they could retire certain parts of them...including New Hires, the Wave and Sales Pitches. Keep up the good work!!

Fifteen years and still going strong

I have been working at Accruent full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been working at Accruent just over 15 years. During this time I have seen Accruent grow from approximately 60 employees to where we are today at 400+ and still growing. While growth at this rate is fast paced it has been expertly planned and skillfully executed. Throughout these years of growth Accruent has never wavered from their original and long ago stated company values. In fact these values are probably even truer today.

Values are one of the characteristics that make Accruent a great place to work. I’ve met a lot of people here over the years and have always found each of them to be very professional, very pleasant, eager to learn and accomplish, and importantly very supportive of one another. Happily some of these people have become friends. A good ‘value fit’ is one of the qualities Accruent looks for in their current and prospective employees. This helps to make a positive workplace and build productive and cohesive teams. But good values are not just for the employees at Accruent.

Accruent values and treats their employees well. They offer solid compensation plans along with very good health benefits plan and 401k options. They provide a bonus plan structure which is place for every employee and offer unlimited PTO. The office environment is nice and more space is being added to accommodate the growth. Accruent wants their employees to be successful and offers many growth opportunities. From the very beginning new hires are setup for success with in depth product training and mentoring. This even continues with the offering of online courses covering a wide array of subject matter being made available to everybody. Additionally, Mark Friedman and the executive team remain open and honest with the entire company. Transparency is important at Accruent and the executive staff frequently holds company-wide meetings to ensure we all understand the company’s position in the marketplace, where we are headed, our short and long term goals and how each department contributes toward attaining those objectives.

Customer focus and customer success are other huge parts of the Accruent culture. Accruent recognizes that each customer’s success and positive results will ultimately be reflected in Accruent’s measure of success. For me, in a customer facing role at Accruent, it’s really nice to work with our customers. Most are long standing customers who are very positive about the company’s current state and future direction. Accruent also conducts programs which are meant to engage their customers. Each of these touch points server to keep customers updated as well provide a time to solicit their feedback and inputs. Accruent success has been obvious over the years and it’s a rewarding feeling to be a member and contributor to such a team.

Cons

I’ve worked in a lot of industries over the years and under various conditions e.g. as an employee and self-employed. In every case there have been cons to work; looming project deadlines that require extra hours work, stressful situations that require you to dig deep and push on etc. Let’s face it, that’s a part of our work and personal lives and we deal with it. At least here, at Accruent, you can celebrate that project completion at a company sponsored happy hour and/or tack some of your unlimited PTO days on to a weekend and recover.

Innovative, Inspiring, Intelligent, and Engaged Workplace

Current Employee - Business Development  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Focus on the culture of the company in at the forefront
    -The growth of the company allows you to move around and move up
    -The executive team is always around and engaged with employees
    -If you work hard, you will be rewarded
    -The CEO tells the employees that he cares and acts upon work/life balance (never heard an executive from a company mention this to employees)

Cons

I am so pleased with everything that it would be really stretching to find something that I see as a con.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the visibility into everything.

Worked for Accruent? Contribute to the Community!