Accruent

Updated December 14, 2014
3.5

Accruent CEO Mark Friedman
Mark Friedman

Pros
  • Break room is great with fun games (in 11 reviews)

• Growing company with potential to become a player in IWMS market (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • No 401K matching and the food offered is often out (in 11 reviews)

• No 401k matching, they say that the "little" bonus you get makes up for no (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

No Heads Aren't Better Than One

I worked at Accruent

Pros

The front line employees are fantastic and try to foster an awesome work environment. I suppose the benefits are pretty good as well.

Cons

Notice that I wrote "the FRONT LINE employees are fantastic". A significant percentage of the middle managers and Executive Team deserve an occasional punch in the mouth given the way they yell or verbally abuse those employees who are not managers. Also, while"Integrity" is one of Accruent's, values, it does appear to be in short supply among middle managers and members of the Executive team. I've personally heard a member of the Executive Team (Professional Services) scream insults at a coworker, listened as a middle manager dressed down another front line employee in retaliation for simply asking a question about their pay, and was shocked to learn that the President destroyed a piece of my personal property that he borrowed without my permission. While this sounds shockingly petty, I would characterize the President as such. When prospects and customers think of Accruent, many of them associate the company with the President who makes false promises, gets irritated when called on the carpet, and/or avoids them at all costs. There's also the story about a $14,000 gift...I THINK it was a purse, but I'm sure :-)

Culturally, throwing fellow employees under the bus happens way too frequently. There are far too many examples to list in this post. Suffice to say, middle managers, in attempt to enhance their perceived value in the eyes of the Executive Team, achieve this end by pointing fingers.

At least the benefits, such as unlimited PTO, are awesome. An employee definitely needs unlimited PTO because the BS employees put up with can be exhausting.

My advice to the Executive Team would be to polish off your resumes as some of you are clearly out of your depth when it comes to performing your job. I am certain that yelling one's displeasure at employees, during weekly forecast calls, won't increase sales while developing finished products might do the trick. Along that end, it might help if you don't release a product before it's finished. It would be even better if you avoid releasing an unfinished product at your user's conference. You do not need an MBA to deduce that you actually have to have a product to sell to drive revenue. The final piece of advice, I would offer, is stop traveling to visit prospects on sales calls. No one wants to hear any of you blabber on for the sake of hearing your own voice. You can't sell. Believe me, I've heard you try. If it was painful for me to hear, it's even more so for those poor souls who are overcome with dread when they see you waiting in their lobby...but really, polish off your resume.

Tbh, I love this place, but I am a fresh college graduate

Current Employee - Associate Support Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Support Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent

Pros

Competitive pay
    Great workplace culture
    Lots of career path flexibility

Cons

No 401k matching
    Health benefits could stand to be better, but not bad.

"More opportunities" means more work for less pay.

I worked at Accruent full-time

Pros

Smart people, Starbucks coffee machine

Cons

You aren't paid what you're worth. Open paid time off (OPTO) sounds nice, if you can actually take time off. Managers are scrutinized if their team uses too much OPTO. Company doesn't match 401k contributions. Lots of change currently going on which means more middle management and less rapid advancement. Red flag: Average tenure at this place is 2 years.

Don't churn and burn people.

Results-oriented, fast paced, fun place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work-life balance. Plenty of smart, hard-working people working dedicated to making the company great.

Cons

Compensation is below industry standard but they are working to get it more in line.

Poor Management, Poor Vision

Former Employee - Trainer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Trainer in Austin, TX

I worked at Accruent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coworkers are typically very competent and smart people. Some roles allow for rapid career plan movement. Not a bad place to start if you are fresh out of college.

Cons

The workers are undervalued and suffer a total lack of empowerment from upper management. The company sells that it is a great place to work on the merits of fun atmosphere, appealing office, flexible schedules and open PTO. However, this comes at a cost of very high expectations for workers to work nights/weekends and base salary as much as $40k below market average. Newbies advised: there are a million tech companies with nice breakrooms, fun events, and smart people that will pay you what you're worth, not half the industry standard (especially you, developers!).

Employee

I have been working at Accruent

Pros

Growing company in a high tech environment

Cons

Communication is not great at times

None

Another tech job in Austin

I have been working at Accruent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good company culture, open PTO.

Cons

Rapidly expanding without the proper infrastructure.

Slow down on acquisitions and fix the problems you already have.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good atmosphere and lots of opportunity to have your voice heard and enact meaningful change. Great facilities and break room is nice. Everyone gets chances to expand their skills and learn new things. The opportunity tracks tend to get broken up into technical and management, but you can let management know what you interests are they respect them.

Cons

No 401K matching and the food offered is often out. Disorganized around software releases, but getting better as time moves on. Work life balance is distorted, but management has recognized that and is making stride to fix it.

Continue with what you are doing. The amount of communication is appreciated and definitely keeps the organization in sync and on the same page.

It's been a great experience at Accruent and there's more to come!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I'm happy to be working in a great environment, great culture, with smart people you know you can trust and expect to show common values and goals. There's a lot of opportunity to grow at all levels, as long as you are up for the challenge.

Cons

My job is pretty specific, so I did not have a lot of on-the-job training. Besides that, I haven't found any inconvenience!

Summer Internship

I worked at Accruent as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Good guidance, laid back culture, good oppertunities

Cons

Low pay and not enough intern events