AccuQuest

Updated Mar 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John M Temple

Wonderful company to work for if you work hard.

Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AccuQuest full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFirstly, I don't normally write reviews online, but I feel the reviews of former employees are very misleading. AccuQuest is, hands down, the BEST company I've ever worked for! They do expect hard work and will reward you for that, they will also let you know when you aren't doing your best and encourage you to do more. These other reviewers obviously don't take well to constructive criticism or else they would be making great money and helping people hear better instead of writing bad reviews on this company.

-Patient oriented company: I strongly disagree with the other reviews on here saying the management doesn't care about the patients, I have found nothing but great response from management when it comes to patient care ideas and things to improve on. My main job description is to treat the patient with respect and greet them with a smile each and every time they walk through our doors. They even named my position "Patient Care Coordinator" They care.
-Great pay for what is required: I am not micro managed in what I do with my time at work, but yet I am expected to do my job and rewarded highly enough to be in the sole income for my family with no financial struggle.
-Success in reaching goals and getting bonuses: I have worked for AccuQuest for 2.5 years and have reached my goals and gotten my bonus at least half of the months I've been with the company. ($500 a month extra on top of my hourly wage) I received my bonus every month for the first 4 straight months with the company and this month even doubled my bonus. Again, the other reviewers of this company weren't putting forth any effort if they weren't meeting their goals, or weren't very talented in this field.
-Flexible schedule: This would depend on what director you work for, but I am able to be extremely flexible with my time to come in/ leave/ lunch breaks/ days off/ doctors appointments which is very rare to find in a corporate company these days.
-Happy patients: When working in a Medical office, I have found in my past jobs that I had to deal with many unsatisfied patients. That is not the case in my office, the majority of patients are extremely satisfied with their hearing aids and are excited to see me every time they come into the office. The other reviewers who didn't have this same experience obviously didn't know what they were doing when adjusting hearing aids if their patients weren't happy with what they got.

Cons-Instability in rules/ corporate office employees: Since I've worked here, there have been at least 10 corporate employees who have "found better opportunities" and are no longer with AccuQuest. This makes my job a little more difficult trying to keep up with who I am supposed to go to with a particular question. The office requirements are constantly changing, which isn't a bad thing, again, just difficult to keep up with.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing! We are making a difference in helping people hear better! AccuQuest has been first class in everything they have done for the last 2.5 years and I can't wait to give them many more years of my employment..

Don't work for them, worst mistake I ever made.

Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at AccuQuest full-time for less than a year

ProsThey'll fly you to Hoffman Estates and put you up in a pretty nice hotel and pay for all your meals for a few days. Everyone will be very nice to you and you will come away with a sense you made the right decision for your future.

ConsShortly after hire you will come to see the company for who they really are...amateurs fueled by greed. If you are ok with lying to people, specifically elderly people with dementia who are incapable of making their own decisions...then this will be a great place for you to work. They list the position to include bonuses but set the goal so high as the clinics are rarely able to achieve them. They treat their employees like trash, use you for awhile and then fire you without cause once they find someone to work your position for lesser pay. The clinic I was working for replaced me with a guy who they hired on as a director and then continued to demote him to the PCC level. They don't know what they are doing! Also, there is no room for advancement...this company is a fraud and they only use you until you start to ask questions about ethics...then they fire you.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to shut down and try a different scam. The cat's out of the bag on AccuQuest!

Company is headed in the wrong direction.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AccuQuest full-time

ProsReasonable compensation and benefits. Good insurance coverage.

ConsUpper management has little to no experience in hearing industry. Place unrealistic sales expectations on dispensers. Spin a wonderful picture of success stories, when in actuality you can count them on one hand. Company emphasis getting further and further from quality patient care.

24/7 video monitoring.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncreased transparency! Your employees will respect you much more!

At first it seems like a great company to work for. The pay is there, the people are nice but..

Hearing Aid Dispenser (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AccuQuest full-time for more than a year

Pros- Starts off with a good base salary
- The company will continue to grow into the future

Cons- They tell you that you can make partner in an area they already have a partner in
- Moving up the ranks in the company seems tough
- They use a 20 year old book to teach the basic training class
- They can fire you at anytime even if you are clinically proficient and have good sales numbers
- The company moves you around the country at their own discretion with little notice

Bad Upper Management

Sales (Former Employee)
Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at AccuQuest full-time for less than a year

ProsIf you last 3 years you can make a career out of this.

ConsCompany is very cheap. New hire must pay his travel expenses to and from training. 3 month training with no meal allowance. Training is a 1hr daily drive to and from the training facility and Accuquest does not pay for gas. The week of Christmas was given off but company will not pay you. 3 month plus time until you take state boards you will be paid less than 3k a month. Company will not tell you and your family where you are located until 1 week before you are assigned as an associate. You will be given over a years worth of study in a 3 week period. Internal management does not have industry experience and seems to be making their plans up on the fly. Very disorganized especially with upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf Accuquest wants to be a larger company they need to act like it.

Home of inconsistency, micro-management from "armchair quarterbacks," & having to relocate anytime, anywhere

Hearing Aid Dispenser (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

Pros*promising industry
*they have very nice offices
*solid base salary (but very low commission percentage)
*great technology for this industry
*They will front practically every cost in flying you out for the interview process, as well as take care of the costs of enrolling you in courses & licensing fees.
*business ownership without the risks

Cons*Owners AND upper management consists of people who have never sold hearing aids or ran an office; rather, they are all from outside industries; some have sales training experience.

*Inconsistency of the training information provided on several concepts: we were taught many concepts by 1-2 corporate trainers, & then have other corporate trainers tell you to completely disregard those concepts

*Two-faced management: I sat in on dozens of follow-up calls with sales reps (practitioners). The upper managers acted buddy-buddy with them, & right after the phone call finished, they rag on their sales reps, often gossiping behind their backs with other upper managers. The term "loser" was used a few times.

*Minimal work-life balance: you'll work at least 1 Saturday a month & sometimes work 8 AM-6/7 PM just because they book you heavily. Upper management has 5 AM/6 AM meetings from time to time.

*"Armchair quarterback" micro-management galore from people who've never worked in your shoes. Cameras are all over each office, so mind your every word & every action in every room you're in.

*The training process is still undergoing changes & is a work in progress for this young company.

*They pretend to be customer-oriented, but upper management pushes you to nickel-and-dime the customer (always sell batteries, hearing aid cleaning items). Once again, they've never personally done this.

*You HAVE to be completely flexible with where they relocate you, which could be almost anywhere in the country. Interesting enough, one trainee was good friends with an upper manager & "by coincidence"...he was relocated to the exact suburb that he would have selected himself as first choice in the whole country, out of about 160 offices. Did others get so lucky? Of course not. Multiple employees have had to move 2-3 times in a 2-4 year period. You are completely at their mercy for relocation anytime, anywhere.

Advice to Senior Management*Regional partners should actually have experience selling hearing aids or running an office, instead of pulling sales trainers from other industries. Promote from within! It was counter-intuitive to receive instruction & criticism from people who've never sold a hearing aid! It's easier to trust the business & sales advice from someone who once stood in your shoes.

*Address the plethora of concepts that corporate trainers contradict each other on!

*Training program needs to be streamlined & much smoother! With the load of knowledge provided in a fast-paced training program, it's easy to forget instructions/concepts after being taught other concepts afterwards & implementing them immediately, while having to implement those previous concepts much later. There was no consistency with the time you were taught something until the time you actually practiced/implemented it.

*How about throwing out that 1993 audiology training textbook?

A Caring Company - Engages with it's Employee's and Clients in a caring way.

Associate Director (Former Employee)

I worked at AccuQuest full-time for more than a year

ProsAll the benefits of being Self Employed, but none of the head aches. They've applied the Indoff partner model (Distributorship with no buy in and no equity, split in profits/losses 50-50), and find people with the right attributes to become their partners. You'll receive corporate training in Chicago and then on-going training will be provided. There is an "owners culture" in what you do. There is no typical performance review. You submit weekly numbers with your own assessments on how you can improve. You never stop learning. Great Compensation for those who have an entrepreneurial gene.

ConsThey rarely advertise for these positions. You can receive a phone interview if a current partner has submitted your name and filled out a questionaire about your character and qualifications. This does not guarantee you receive a call. If you will not be called, the referring partner will provide you this news.

If you are one of the fortunate one's to receive this interview and be hired. You will continue your training up to 3 years under a current partner somewhere in the US (you will need to be prepared to go where they offer) The partners are working partners, meaning they will be over an office or offices and you will be "competing" with them in what you produce. It's possible that you can out-produce them and this could land you in an awkward position where you become a threat to that partner. They have final say on every person that works in their territories (good for partners) but this can turn bad for you if they feel your a threat to themselves. If you've worked through the Corporate Partner program, Corporate will then have the option to place you elsewhere, or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore aware of the details. It's more effective and builds trust when you, as the senior management, know the details of a given offer/proposal. This is what is needed to take the Corporate Culture from a A- to an A+. Corporate does have a family culture and they care about their employee's. They are family centered and want this to be your next and last career.

Worked for AccuQuest? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AccuQuest reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AccuQuest CEO John M Temple. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by AccuQuest employees.