Accuity Reviews

Hugh M. Jones

1. Ok

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

I worked at Accuity (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a great learning experience for me to learn about payment and AML.

Cons

Product need some innovation & advancement

Advice to Management

Start to innovate new products and advance new features to the existing products

Good place to start out, but hit a dead end pretty fast.

I have been working at Accuity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people were nice, hours were good.

Cons

Low pay, no opportunities for advancement.

Road to Nowhere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Accuity full-time

Pros

The PTO benefits are great with 18 days before 2 years and 23 days after. 401k match 3% at 100%. The team is friendly and helpful. We also have many fun events like lunches and birthday parties. Development technology is fairly up to date. Tools are decent. Two monitors. No SSDs. AGILE Methodology. Three-week sprints. Online technical training available.

Cons

Low pay. Hiring only entry-level and h 1 b to save money. Culture of blame. Project estimations haircut and then identify problem as a person. No transparency. Decisions made behind closed doors and frequently without logical explanation. Leadership is… ‘we need X, so tell me how you’re going to do it’

Advice to Management

Your competitive advantage is your talent, invest in it. Learn how to make decisions as a team so the best ideas can be heard. Perform 360 degree reviews to identify weakness in management.

ups and downs but overall great company to work for.

I have been working at Accuity full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great bosses, great 401k. I been here for over 10 yrs.

Cons

pay is under rated regardless of how much you achieve. health benefits are not that good and its very pricey. if your not in sales forget about climbing the corporate ladder. the rest of the employees are low paid but worked harder. and asked at every xmas party ways to help make our company better. when in honestly they could care less of what the lower paid employees advice is.. we are the core of any company but yet we get treated the worse when it comes to pay salary range..

Advice to Management

listen and acknowledge your hard working under paid employees.. and give us better salaries.. we have to live too.

Okay at best, could be terrible. Individual experience depends greatly on the department.

I worked at Accuity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great paid vacation time and holidays. In first year or employment, you receive 18 days of PTO plus nearly all bank holidays, after 3 years of employment, PTO increases to 21 days, after 5 years, PTO increases to 23. Great 401(k) matching. 100% matching of first 3%, matching increases for every % above 3%! Good medical benefits options. HSA contribution matching up to a certain amount. Great opportunities to advance and to receive annual bonuses if you are in sales or product management.

Cons

VERY highly focused on sales. If you are not in sales, you are essentially ignored and have little to no opportunity to move up in the company or to get a promotion, regardless of your accomplishments. Bonuses are strictly reserved for sales and possibly product management. All positions other than sales and product management are severely underpaid, regardless of performance and/or achievement. You might get lucky and receive the "Above And Beyond" (one per department) award at the x-mas party and get a $100 gift card, while the sales team gets an all-expenses paid vacation to the Caribbean, on top of their huge cash bonuses if they reach or exceed their goals.

Advice to Management

Give more recognition to the hard workers and achievers in the departments that are essentially the core of the company and compensate them.

I see some improvement...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Accuity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Since Accuity is now part of Reed Business Information, the perks really come from the access to the resources, process improvements and opportunities of the parent conglomerate. RBI does try to bring everyone into the fold eventually which has its benefits. The IT vertical has seen the most improvement in the recent years. Compensation is average within the market.

Cons

The expertise in certain areas is still lacking. Health and other Benefits are well below the other companies in similar fields. Career progression is definitely limited and initiative is not very well rewarded but this is improving. Low funds for team activities. The CEO is not as visible as prior to the RBI acquisition and more vision reinforcement can be done.

Advice to Management

Management still needs education on putting their employees first which will benefit them in the long term. There is much more that can be done to improve communication across all of the business units and companies under the Reed umbrella.

Low paying

I worked at Accuity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My co-workers were nice and very hard working.

Cons

Small increases not related to performance. Poor facilities -- old worn out -- too worried about cost to keep environment nice for employees

Advice to Management

Train mid-level and upper-management on basic people skills

Great Boss

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

I have been working at Accuity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team I'm a part of is great. There are other teams with their own issues.

Cons

Lower than average compensation for most jobs

Advice to Management

Keep on the track to go through with the changes in progress

Decent entry-level opportunities

I worked at Accuity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were great; everyone pulled together and worked hard at crunch time, cultivating a real sense of camaraderie. There was a sense of community.

Cons

Pay was bad, and raises were really bad, regardless of excellent performance. General morale was not good among the rank and file, due to lack of recognition and encouragement. Upper management was a bit clueless. No way to advance after a point.

Advice to Management

Get more in touch with your workforce, and compensate fairly for hard work.

Could be a better place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

I have been working at Accuity

Pros

Very good and hardworking people Fair communication between employees and managers Fair benefit CEO is trying to be personable

Cons

Salaries could be higher Insurance once was great but no has changed for worse 401 should be matched again as it once was Very difficult to grow with in. Man times before you apply for an open position someone in HR brings someone they know or friends with The most important thing for the CEO and company is sales. If you are in sales and do good you will be recognized otherwise you my work for years and not be noticed, even if you put your foot forward.

RSS Feed </> Embed