Accuquote Reviews

3.7
Byron Udell

1. Hard Work Is Rewarded

I have been working at Accuquote full-time

Pros

The best thing I can say about Accuquote is that the employees here care about their clients and their families, and management cares about their employees. Byron Udell, the CEO, is incredibly passionate about life insurance and feels that it is his mission to protect as many families as possible. He has an open door policy and is always willing to offer suggestions or even reach out to clients when help is needed and will often meet with the sales teams to review calls and provide training. Likewise, the senior leadership team is very approachable for help, as well as feedback. The company is constantly looking for new opportunities in an ever evolving marketplace in order to improve opportunities for employees, and improve the client experience. The dress code is extremely casual and the hours are often flexible. Those who work hard and care about their clients will excel in this environment.

Cons

Benefits can be improved as well as working in more automatic capabilities to reduce the manual tasks needed.

Jun 22, 2015CEO

Thanks for the positive feedback. I’m thrilled to people like YOU on board.

You’re right – WE DO CARE about our employees and about our clients and their families. I wouldn’t have it any other

2. ins. broker

I worked at Accuquote

Pros

loved it, plus it is sick money. paid philanthropy

Cons

long hours........go by fast if you are closing

Jun 12, 2015CEO

Thanks for the kind words and positive feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed your experience here. What we do here is very important. Thanks again.

3. Couldn't ask for much more

I have been working at Accuquote full-time

Pros

- Great work environment
    - Surrounded by talented people
    - Challenging (if you're ambitious, that's a good thing.)
    - Feedback (you can keep track of how much impact you're making)
    - Where else can you walk into a CEO's office and get his undivided attention?
    - Strong leadership

Cons

- If you're just looking for a clock to punch, you may want to look elsewhere (I don't think this is a "con," but this will deter some people -- and it should)

Advice to Management

Thanks for creating a culture of excellence and accountability. Keep that up!

May 13, 2015CEO

Thanks for the feedback. I’m so glad people who work here recognize the talent that surrounds them. And you’re right – my office is open to any and all staff. To that end, you might see our COO in ... More

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Wheeling, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Wheeling, IL

I worked at Accuquote

Pros

I can't think of one

Cons

Base salary for 6 months is 38K, after that commission only or 30K which is higher. Average AE's make about 50K annually. New AE's are generally required to work till 9pm, and working at least one Saturday a month is a requirement. The benefits are virtually non-existent. Health insurance about the cost of Obama care, no dental, no vision, no 401K match. Clock in/clock out, micromanaged call center environment with a very high turnover rate.

Jun 2, 2015CEO

Thanks for your feedback. I’m sorry your experience wasn’t a positive one here at AccuQuote. It sounds like it just wasn’t a fit.

In terms of our benefits, it’s unfair to consider them
    ... More

6. A forward-thinking company with clear goals.

Current Employee - Office in Wheeling, IL
    Current Employee - Office in Wheeling, IL

I have been working at Accuquote full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Communication between the different departments is open and encouraged. Management is passionate and attempts to look at the business with an eclectic perspective. Flexible work schedules, casual attire is not discouraged unless during an inappropriate occasion. Issues in the workplace are easily addressed to management and coworkers. A company with great potential for growth.

Cons

Corporate culture is somewhat lacking, but the employees are a tight-knit, hardworking group that treat each other like family. A very comfortable work environment, overall.

Advice to Management

There is a consistent struggle between quality and quantity within the business. Approach issues in a way that at least attempts to find a happy medium.

Apr 13, 2015CEO

Thanks for the kind words. If it seems like we’re poised for growth, it’s because we are! This is an exciting time for AccuQuote, and I couldn’t be more thrilled about where we are headed. When it ... More

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Wheeling, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Wheeling, IL

I have been working at Accuquote full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First, it starts at the top. The CEO, Byron Udell, is absolutely dedicated to the product and this company. He has an open door policy, literally. If you ever have questions or concerns, he welcomes you to stop by his office and share your thoughts with him. I have never worked in life insurance before and within a year I was making very good money! It wasn't just the money though. I found myself becoming an even better Life Insurance agent. Everybody here wants you to be successful and wants you to be the best you can be. I have come to love the life insurance industry and find myself sharing the same passion as our CEO! Great company!

Cons

The only thing would be the benefits. Of course, with Obamacare and rising costs in healthcare, it's difficult for any company to provide health insurance to their employees at cheap rates, but it certainly would be nice!

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within and listen to agent's ideas! We will grow as a company if we continue to work together!

Feb 17, 2015CEO

Wow! Thanks for the kind words. It’s very important for me to have an open door policy, where AEs and staff can come in my office to run things by me. If someone has a case that’s challenging or a ... More

8. Sales Driven

I worked at Accuquote (More than a year)

Pros

success was rewarded but support could have been better

Cons

short term outlook narrowed responsiveness to quick fixes

Advice to Management

focus on one major initiative at a time

Mar 2, 2015CEO

Thanks for your review. It’s a priority to me to reward good people who do good work, so I’m glad that’s being noticed. As for our priorities and objectives, we’ve identified a few key ones (one is ... More

Great place

I have been working at Accuquote

Pros

Near my house which is good.

Cons

Not sure of any cons.

Advice to Management

I haven't been there long enough.

Jan 13, 2015CEO

Thanks for the feedback and favorable review. I wish all of our employees had as short a commute as you do. And my house is near the office as well, so I can appreciate what a perk it is!

Great Leadership Team who cares about employees

Current Employee - Video Producer in Wheeling, IL
    Current Employee - Video Producer in Wheeling, IL

I have been working at Accuquote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Byron, and the rest of the Senior Leadership team, as well as all of the supervisors and other employees really do care about everyone, and do their best to make everyone feel welcome and important. Byron is a very good CEO and his direct connection with the employees really goes to show how important this company is to him, and how he wants his employees to feel good about working here.

Life Insurance is a important product and people do need to be protected, so it feels good that you are actually working for a company whose number one priority is to help people.

Cons

Location in Wheeling is a bit far from the city.
    Benefits could be slightly better

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing with making employees feel welcomed and important. Listen to ideas, and don't be afraid of change or growth!

Jan 2, 2015CEO

Thank you very much for the feedback and kind words. It is important to me that all our employees feel welcome—that’s the culture and environment we aim to have here. And I make it well known that ... More

Innovative Company with Passion and Growth Opportunity!

Current Employee - Management in Wheeling, IL
    Current Employee - Management in Wheeling, IL

I have been working at Accuquote full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Culture is very friendly. Solid track record of promoting from within. CEO displays an incredible love and passion for what we do for our customers, and that passion reminds us every single day why our customers need our help and guidance. Some employees have the ability to work remotely from home, which provides an excellent work life balance. New perk gives a nice discount for a health club membership at a brand new facility close to our office. Plenty of growth opportunity for those who work hard and apply themselves! Large TV screens throughout the entire office give our employees different kinds of helpful information in a fun way to see it! Very exciting to see where our company will be in the next 1 to 3 years as we look to expand our product portfolio solutions for our customers!

Cons

While the Long Term Disability benefits are outstanding, employees who need health insurance for their families have a hard time making this work for them.

Advice to Management

We need to ask and listen to our employees even further to hear what they want. We all tend to get busy with the "day to day", but making time to ask, listen, and communicate more on the topics most important to our employees is something we can get even better at.

Nov 3, 2014CEO

Thanks very much for your feedback, and for the positive comments about your experience at AccuQuote. We certainly value our longtime employees like yourself.

It gives me such pleasure to read

RSS Feed </> Embed