Accurate Background Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Dave Dickerson

Good place to succeed if you put in the work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Accurate Background full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is growing very quickly and new positions are opening all the time. Great work/life balance with generous 3 weeks PTO. OT available most of the year if desired. Free pizza parties and BBQ's. Many departments throw their own potlucks. Company participates in numerous charity events. Sent two employees to South Africa to help a children's organization this year. Nice building in a good location. Come in early, stay late, work hard, engage others and communicate your needs. The opportunities will come, you just have to put yourself in the best position for when they arrive.

Cons

Many departments are full of people expecting a lot when they put in a little, so you'll hear some complaining. Tasks can get repetitive. Pay could be better and no 401K match. More clearly defined individual and team goals.

Advice to Management

Most of the cons in these reviews revolve around pay. You might want to look into that.

2. Well its gone now so...Verifications.

Former Employee - Associate Verifications Specialist in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I worked at Accurate Background full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Okay pay, you get your own cubicle. hours were pretty open plenty of overtime here. it's all but gone now so thats a great PRO. prolly the best department to be in if you want to get let go for bogus reasons. Mostly the fault of some wannabe author. great coffee and tea. lol

Cons

Well working for this company means you will have no life outside of work cause they try to chain you to your desk via overtime and overlooked workloads. lots of overtime and if you don't come in they will find a way to be rid of you. the executives play like they like you but really they try to bully you. they fire people without HR present while your being sized up by some small ED HARDY wannabe DB. so roll those dice.

Advice to Management

fire up those resumes, its a witch hunt out here.

Dismal Environment and Management

I worked at Accurate Background full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very nice corporate location, good people, big name clients, company has potential but too many Cons.

Cons

Disorganized. Too many executives making organization top heavy. Horrible pay, not equal in any capacity to industry standards at any level. Poor incentives Technology is outdated and processes inadequate.

Great place to work at!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Accurate Background full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Supportive management staff & CEO Growing company with lots of opportunities Great quality of people Solid overall work life balance Good benefits and PTO is outstanding Amazing Customers I have found that there are always people that are going to point out the flaws. Accurate Background is a really great place to work and be a part of. It is how we all work together that makes the most impact.

Cons

Nothing to report at this time

I had a very good experience working for this company. Very professional and the management was extremely nice.

Former Employee - Verification Researcher in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Verification Researcher in Louisville, KY

I worked at Accurate Background part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A work from home opportunity offering great flexibility. Company is very pleasant to work for.

Cons

No cons because I did not work there long enough to experience anything negative about the company.

Still traumatized...

I worked at Accurate Background full-time

Pros

The antics of management would make a great reality show, but, i a terrible job market, they hired me at a low salary, which is better than nothing. Health benefits were great (until new HR management cut everything to the bone). If you are VP+, accept the position and inflated salary and enjoy a few months of praise until they push you out.

Cons

Dysfunctional family environment complete with abusive husband. You will not be rewarded for hard work unless you are an attractive female or you cry to the CEO. If you are attractive, confess to shirking your duties and if you promise to get back on track, you'll get a raise and even an award. Any perks or appreciation that comes your way will be followed by a reminder to be appreciative.

Advice to Management

Get therapy. You've scarred the lives of so many people.

Only consider this place if you're fresh out of college and need work experience.

I worked at Accurate Background full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Colleagues were great made good friends. Drinks were subsidized. Occasional department potlucks were fun. Casual dress on Fridays. Coffee is from Starbucks.

Cons

Poor management. Had to give weeks notice if I planned to be out due to sickness. Management 'believes' compensation is competitive. Very little praise for work. Way too much turnover in the company. Everyone I know that was in my department has left. Employees feel defeated.

Advice to Management

Increase pay. Listen to your employees. Some great people that had help built that company all have left. Don't keep treating people like a number.

Unorganized

Former Employee - Sales & Marketing in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Sales & Marketing in Irvine, CA

I worked at Accurate Background (More than a year)

Pros

Wear a lot of hats and can be a self starter

Cons

Wear too many hats and the management isn't loyal.

Advice to Management

Do not play games with your employees.

10. Good job if not sole supporter of family

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Accurate Background full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment, co-workers are wonderful

Cons

Not enough pay for the area

Advice to Management

Please recognize hard workers with pay increases

The Perfect Telecommuting Job

Current Employee - Research Verifier
    Current Employee - Research Verifier

I have been working at Accurate Background part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent training, flexible hours, excellent feedback without micromanagement, and I work from my home office. I am an employee, not a contractor. This job allows me to take care of my family myself--a lifesaver in so many ways. Love it!

Cons

My position is capped at no more than 25 hours per week. Work flow fluctuates; some weeks there is simply not that much work. There is a definite us/them vibe between the office staff and the remote staff. It's subtle, but it's there. It's difficult to feel like one team when there is no contact other than internal notes in a file. The pay scale is low.

Advice to Management

Stop thinking that your remote workforce shouldn't consider this job a primary source of income. It is. Right now, it is my only source of income and the pay is low. I realize the trade off is the flexibility and working from home, and I am extremely grateful for that. I'd like to make enough to pay all of my bills AND have a little left over. Oh, right--that's what my 2nd part-time job is for! It pays $6.25 more PER HOUR than my pay rate with you. I really like this job and I'm good at it...but if my other job offers me more hours in the future, where do you think my loyalty will lie? Sadly, probably not with you...and I like you better.

RSS Feed </> Embed