Accuride

Be The First To
Add Photos

Accuride President and CEO Richard F. (Rick) Dauch

Richard F. (Rick) Dauch

I'm proud of the contributions I provide to the Accuride team.

Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) Erie, PA

ProsChallenging and rewarding A growing copany.

ConsNone at this time. Overall a pleasant atmosphere to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time. Always adapting to business needs.

Erie was, is and always will be a dump

Engineering (Former Employee)

ProsIf you have to live in Erie and you have to have a job this is a place to get one. The high turnover pretty much guarantees one is available. Also, if you're not interested in working too hard this is the place. The union pretty much runs the place and you don't need to work hard or show up sober.

ConsUnsafe work environment and if you get hurt the health care is poor and they'll find a way to get rid of you...if you're not in the union. An uninspired salary staff guarantees this place is not going to get better soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. They had their chance to close this place and move the operation to where people work hard and care. They doubled down on this dump because they were in a hurry to implement their song and dance.

Overall my experience at Accuride was good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood salary and benefits available

ConsAnnual Goals hard to achieve

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Has some problems in the engineering department.

Engineer (Former Employee) Henderson, KY

ProsWorking with new and improving product designs keeps you busy and interested in your work. I really did like it a lot.

ConsA lot of problems are in the wood work of the company and it is clearly seen by most of the employees in the company. Lots of drama between the departments. This overall is a step up for failure. They don't pay very well compared to other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove your management skills and improve the overall employee moral.

Hard to find someone that hasn't been rubbed the wrong way by the company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Erie, PA

Pros- Relaxed atmosphere, free vocabulary is openly accepted in almost any situation
    - Everyone is generally efficient and keeping busy, a nice change of pace compared to other jobs
    - Certainly not without good employees. It is the most unprofessional environment that I have ever been in, but everyone gets their work handled as best as possible

Cons- Depending on personality, some of the pros could also be cons
    - As one of my supervisors said "It's hard to find someone around here that hasn't been rubbed the wrong way by Accuride." Everyone in the conversation unanimously agreed, and that should tell you just about everything you need to know about Accuride
    - Relaxed atmosphere generally means that some coworkers will occasionally cross the line
    - Insane hours and working across shifts is generally expected
    - Erie plant has garnered such a negative reputation, they cannot find any applicants for operator positions without keeping the company name confidential in the job opening advertisements
    - Pay not very competitive and few opportunities for advancement

Several divisions that don't work as a unified company

Director Sales (Current Employee) Evansville, IN

ProsPolitics are minimal compared to other large companies. Good people to work with. Great products with solid customer base.

ConsDon't advance people from within. Senior Management changes often and with it so do the systems for managing the business. Recent downturn have cut resources to the bare mimimum.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to the basics. Integrate the different business units and support resources where possible.

Worked for Accuride? Contribute to the Community!