Accutest Laboratories Reviews

1.8
Phillip B. Rooney

1. Accounts Payable Clerk

I worked at Accutest Laboratories full-time

Pros

Nice clean place to work.
    Great café, kuerig etc.

Cons

Lots of back stabbing.
    Pay is ok foe South Jersey but not comparible to North Jersey.

Advice to Management

Stay connected to your people

2. Laboratory Technician

I worked at Accutest Laboratories part-time

Pros

Extremely fast-paced laboratory environment. Helps train you to work efficiently and must be willing to work under pressure.

Cons

Often times there would be situations where individual is overloaded with work. Also, safety issues were solved.

Advice to Management

Continuously look out for employees well-being and ensure safety is number one priority. Otherwise, a great place for those seeking a technician role.

3. Laboratory Technician

I worked at Accutest Laboratories full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. Annual raise though only 2% tops,regardless of performance.

Cons

Poor benefits, unstable work conditions. Company always for sale.

Advice to Management

Focus more on customer needs.

5. chemist

I have been working at Accutest Laboratories

Pros

unchanging work, friendly working environment

Cons

unchanging work, only good for entry level

6. Low pay, bullies... RUN!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Accutest Laboratories

Pros

Sorry, did not find any.

Cons

Cliques, bullies, management is poor.
    They like to hire educated immigrants to pay them pennies. VERY LOW pay.

7. Terrible Company

I have been working at Accutest Laboratories full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can do whatever you want and not get fired

Cons

Terrible management, no incentives or appreciation, a lot of drugies and people who do not care about their jobs

Advice to Management

Listen to the employess

8. nice coworker

Current Employee - Analyst in Dayton, NJ
    Current Employee - Analyst in Dayton, NJ

I have been working at Accutest Laboratories full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hard to get promoted at all. Even after promotion, the total pay could not change much. Some supervisors are really horrible.

Cons

2 weeks vocation after a year. Three weeks after five years.

Advice to Management

respect your people. Appreciate employee's hard work .

RUN!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, NJ

I worked at Accutest Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a lot of the other people have posted the best part about Accutest are the co-workers. The area and cubicles seem very well kept but more on that in the cons ...

Cons

The upper management and mid-level management have no idea how to run their departments effectively. They are notorious for blaming their shortfalls on their employees. If something is wrong with their department it is who reports to them that is at fault. They will put you in the line of fire instead of going to bat for you. The pay you peanuts. You have to beg them for your yearly review and when you do the most you could hope to get is a $0.20 to $0.30 raise. They are also known for eliminating people in a department and asking whoever is left to pick up the slack without compensation. Upper management will talk about the vacations they have taken or the big ticket items they purchased to any one that will listen all the while making you fight for a miniscule raise. There are no yearly bonuses unless you are upper and mid-level management. When a death in my family occurred they told me to take 2 days off and that I would be compensated but lo and behold when my paycheck came I was not paid for it.

The grounds may look nice but there have been several incidents where there were roaches and other infestations that made me scared to bring any bags or personal items into the office for fear of bringing anything home.

The HR department is a joke. They hire whoever they are friends with and are always allowed to work from home under bad weather conditions where they made it impossible for anyone else to do the same. The level of inappropriate sexual harassment is absurd and very hard to work around. The way your managers are allowed to scream and curse at you is inexcusable. There seem to be a separate set of rules for every department. The HR department is allowed to do essentially what they please because most of them are friends with the CEO, administrative is at the will of the mid-level managers who are scared to make a move without the approval of the CEO and worst of all I feel mostly for the lab. The lab has been told that they will now work a 4 day work week when the administrative still works their 5 day work week. We were told on numerous occasions that days such as Christmas eve we weren't allowed to leave early because it was unfair to the lab. I find it unfair that the lab gets a whole day less than administrative to work.

They expect you to put in so much work and do not compensate you anywhere close to what you deserve. The level of turn over in this place rivals most fast food chains. They do not teach you anything in order for you to advance nor do they pay you a competitive wage. The amount of people that have left Accutest for their competitors is astounding.

I am sad to see the demise of this company because from my understanding a couple of years previous it was family owned and the previous owners knew the value of treating their employees well. They valued the people that put in the amount of work that is required in this type of business. They truly appreciated their employees and I wish I had gotten to experience that but unfortunately I was a witness to how bad management that came in afterward brought the business down to a level of embarrassment.

Do not expect to get any raises, if you do ask to learn more about your field and you are in administrative expect it to be secretarial and not at all in the line of your field (mostly whatever management does not feel like doing within their own jobs ... like copying or other tedious tasks) also when I first got the job I was told about all of the amazing perks that Accutest offered, like amazing health insurance (not at all), a 401k plan (they took it away as soon as I started working there), even pet insurance (no).

Advice to Management

I think management needs to reorganize and really reflect on what they are asking from their employees. You are asking for a million dollars worth of work but only paying your employees pennies. The HR department needs to step up their professionalism and re-access how the management handles situations. The company runs more like a high school than a multi-million dollar company.

10. Not the greatest place to work...

Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in Dayton, NJ
    Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in Dayton, NJ

I have been working at Accutest Laboratories (More than a year)

Pros

They are flexible with your schedule

Cons

Aside from direct supervisors, the management here stinks. No room for promotions, benefits are no good, and the salary is just absurd for the amount of work that is demanded a lot of the time.

11. Poor management

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Dayton, NJ
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Dayton, NJ

I worked at Accutest Laboratories

Pros

Very flexible working hours. It's good for students who would like to work part time. Generally, co workers are very nice people and work amicably.

Cons

The overall management is quite poor, disorganized, and inconsiderate. Sometimes it felt as if they forget we're people too!

Advice to Management

Get new upper level managers!

RSS Feed </> Embed