Accutest Laboratories

www.accutest.com

Accutest Laboratories Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014
Accutest Laboratories – Dayton – “accutest”

Phillip B. Rooney

Low pay, Lower Morale, Lowest Outlook

Analyst (Former Employee) Dayton, NJ

ProsThey hardly ever fire anyone if they're competent. Free coffee all the time. Free Bagels on pay day. Peers can be a pleasure to work there. Finish your work and go home, leave work at the door.

ConsThey hardly ever fire anyone if even if they're incompetent. Management doesn't listen to employees. Many employees are generally unhappy and feel under appreciated. They do not communicate clearly or in a timely manner. There's no recognition for your work and if you're not working to their standards, they won't tell you until your review (if you get one when you're supposed to). There is very little room for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Invest in your employees as people, do not just treat them as cattle.

Not what I expected...

ProsSome of the people are nice to work with

ConsToo much drama between co-workers, when something goes wrong (guidelines aren't followed, corners are cut), nothing is done by management. People without decent qualifications are being hired to work at an organization that is supposed to be doing very serious work.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow your own rules!

Horrible place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe money was the only thing that was good. There were some people there that would be professional and you could talk to.

ConsUpper management screaming in your face every day. Very disorganized. Not at all professional. Have no clue on what they are doing. A lot of tension and hostility. Uneducated managers. It was every man for himself. No one would help you they would stab you in the back and get you into trouble.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up and start behaving yourself. One month is not a decision maker. Hostility and tension are against the law and so is harassment. Be more careful in the future with what you say and what you do.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dissapointing after all this time

'The Mole From Chicago' (Current Employee) Dayton, NJ

Prosthe most mediocre bagels served every payday seem to be some sort of carrot to keep us complacent

ConsLack of direction portrayed to employees

Advice to Senior ManagementPhil/Gene: the owners have eyes in low places and are keeping tabs on you and how you're handling the flip...

Save yourself the nightmare and don't work here

ProsMost of the positions are normal hours with holidays off.

ConsHorrible pay. Management is disrespectful and rude. Care more about the money they make than the safety of their employees. No proper training. You get a yearly raise of an amazing $0.80.

Advice to Senior Managementget new management and treat your employees with respect!

A long time there, but a disappointing downward spiral.

Analyst (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsI believe it is a good place to start a science career right out of college. (in other words, get your foot in the door) Opportunity to work with the best science equipment in the industry.
    Fun, supportive, helpful coworkers. Great mix of age ranges and knowledgeable senior
    staff members that can figure out anything and are great mentors.

ConsIt appears that only way to get a raise is to be threaten to quit and have an offer from an other employer to match. Even accepting "promotions" leaves one at their current salary
    level which looks like a strong incentive not to change. Managers spend an inordinate time with favorites and claim they are focused on performance

Advice to Senior ManagementYes, this is a chemistry lab, but acknowledge some social issues like food drives. And huh,
    an environmental company that doesn't even bat an eye for "Earth Day" ?

Very poor top Management.

Laboratory Director (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsVery good people at the remote labs.

ConsPhillp B. Rooney!!!!! Chad Tate!!!!!! Gene M.!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the place, and let people that understand lab work take over. They may be able to save the place.

Current Employee

ProsPays good for starting rate, and has good benefits packages.

ConsGives way too much work that we can't handle,
    Upper management be little's the employees and treats them with no respect.
    Poor Training
    Everyone cares about themselves
    HR is horrible and takes there job for granted

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to show respect towards the staff
    Review the Management you currently have

QA trainee in accutest

QA Trainee (Former Employee) Vadodara (India)

ProsThe acutest helps in developing working schedules. it gives great exposure to clinical and BA/BE studies.

ConsI dint observed anything like that.

awful

Chemistry Lab Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosco-workers are like family and a joy to work with

Conspay up dating and poor mangement

Advice to Senior Managementwork as a team

Worked for Accutest Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!