Ace American Insurance

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Family oriented, but don't cross them

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWill keep you updated as far as any licenses or credits you need to get for the job.

ConsWhen they find someone else that does your job better than you they will set you up so that you will either get fired or take the severance. In other words, they will get you out!

Overall a Good Work Environment

ProsWork environment is overall pleasant. Benefits are on par with other companies and the ESPP is a nice perk.

ConsIn my area of expertise there is limited growth potential unless you are in the Home Office. Sometimes upper management is detached from what is going on in the field and seems to devalue our input. Systems are not the best and seemed to be chosen soley on price without any meaningful investigation into their functionality.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrowth potential for people in the field would be appreciated. Once you hit a certain level there is nowhere to go but out the door to expand.

Negative Managment with False Promises and Attitudes

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsWeekly Teaser Salary of 600.00- ends after 12 weeks

ConsMicromanagement galore, attitudes, negativity...They treat you very poorly and tell many untruths.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more interest in your people, and helping them to succeed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I loved my time at ACE and hope I get back.

Claims Intern (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsThe overall attitude of the office fit my personality very well. It is a lot of work hard play hard type of people and many happy hours. Nobody LOVES insurance, but being around people like this make it tolerable, especially for only a summer.

ConsThe only downside for me was to the commute, which is tough for anybody. It is an annoying commute for people in Manhattan that should not have any commute longer than 15 minutes and it is in a weird spot for others. Easy commute, just time consuming as it is right at a path, light rail and ferry stop.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more interns. This was the first year they had interns and it was such a great experience I hope they continue to hire interns.

Timid management and crowded open seating conditions

Director, IT (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsBase salary was acceptable for market.

ConsThey provide a percentage match to your 401K contributions, but you must be there two years for them to vest. Be prepared to have your spouse submit to a blood test, or pay a higher health care premium. You must be accepting of open-floor seating with no privacy at all regardless of level within the organization. Jobs are eliminated at an instant with no explanation.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people the way you would want to be treated.

Risk Control Service Representative

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFreedom to do the work and schedule your time

ConsLack of support from local office underwriting staff. 401k retirement is so so. Risk Control not thought highly of by underwriting or Regional exec.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to do due diligence before placing new positions in the local offices.

overall good work environment

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGood 401K matching plan, vacation is good for officer and above.

ConsBeny's are expensive and senior management has been consistantly cutting benefits (educational comp, 401K matching, bonus, stock awards, etc) over the years...

Advice to Senior ManagementGive back the beny's you took away during the recession

Worked for Ace American Insurance? Contribute to the Community!